Toro Premier Debates - Round Seven // ends sunday-midnight

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Re: Toro Premier Debates - Round Seven // POST NOW

Jade took a sip from her water and glanced back at her. "You're using your father's name far too often. I'm not saying being proud of him is bad, the contrary. He was a good man, but you are not your father. To me it seems you are using your father's name as a way to get people to like you, that is what I think is shameful.
The TBIS was, according to my amazing source Mr Dreamer, who you just heard speaking a few minutes ago, threating people, stealing files and harassing officers amongst other things. You had so poor control over the TBIS, people here thought Durandal, a vigilante, was running it. Now, onto the TBIS having saved the most lives..."
She stared at Heather. "Are you kidding me? Let me remind you of the most destructive event in Toro's recent history, the destruction of Cobalt. Do you wanna know who was fighting the Leviathan to try and stop it? Do you know who actually helped people get to safety?
The first four, were my children and Miss Autumn. The second was Vincent and Maggie LeGrand.
Where were the TBIS then, if I may ask?"

She eventually let out a sigh and frowned at Marigold, simply shaking her head a little before answering the question. "I've done quite a bit of studying up on politics, the law and I've worked as Mayor's assistant in the past."
ShadexTheDark
MC name: ShadexTheDark

Re: Toro Premier Debates - Round Seven // ends sunday-midnig

Shiv would, somewhat surprisingly, also be in the crowd. Be it surrounded by two armed guards because security. The cuffs he already picked-and noone bothered to re-attach rattle a little as he stands up with a raised hand, clearing his throat a little. He's still got his guitar on his back, and the noir-hat has a bright pink band today with a little rose in it. He's 'still' wearing a suit.
"I've got a question to the both of ya."
He asks with a little smile.
"I'm not really the dude to ask about politic stuffs, but I do wanna ask.. How do ya lot wanna handle the privacy of Toro's people? I hear ya'll talk about defence and that's all fine and stuff. But how far do you want to go? The TBIS was sorta extreme..Y'know? And I wouln'd put 'em above planting a microphone in someone's house."
He awkwardly rubs the back of his neck with the cuffed hand, the other hand in his pocket.
^(^,.,^)>

bigpapa671
MC name: FloopTroop

Re: Toro Premier Debates - Round Seven // POST NOW

"Thank you for the kind words Arbiter LeGrand" Heather nods and smiles "I have a lot of knowledge in policy making. In the bureaucratic sense, which the executive branch is chiefly made up of, I have a ton of experience. As the head of an incredibly successful company I learned how to make decisions, and policies that are best for my company, for my employees, and their families. Were you to elect me as Premier I would directly extrapolate the skills from a corporate bureaucracy to an executive one. As for experience with the law. I wrote a majority of the biggest law written under the Penn-Uttenberg regime, becoming more than familiar with how creating a law works. I also have begun to work on laws with you for your own term as Arbiter as you know" Heather nods before looking to Jade

"Now to rebut my opponents previous points. You heard the Commissioner himself say I got my men into line, do not gloss over that" she shakes her head at Jade "I think you've forgotten the attack on Cobalt. It was I myself that pulled out a majority of the civilians and brought them to safety while Autumn Bryant did most of the fighting not yourself Jade. I was months pregnant with 4 children, and I managed to evacuate more people from Cobalt than anyone else. So to answer your question, Yes I do know who was saving people in Cobalt because I did it myself. The Majority of Cobalt was evacuated by the TBIS directly under my command. Ask Nalani Knighton or the hundred other people who were there when I teleported them to Carmine."
bigpapa671

Heather turns her head towards Shiv flashing him a large smile "Well part of my platform is government transparency, and limiting the powers of the government. Unless you are suspected of a crime, and a warrant is granted by the Arbiter you will never have to worry about your privacy. In fact, because of the reforms I want to implement with the constitution, and the state of the region address the only thing that will lose it's privacy is the government"
Portalgunblaze

Jade decided to be the better person and let it slide. Being stuck on one topic would make the debate boring, so she quickly went to answer Shiv's question. "I believe that the only people who should have to worry about their privacy are people who are suspected of major crimes. Any regular citizen should be allowed to have their privacy and not have the goverment spying on anything they do. I want to run this region with those views in mind."
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

Kagami shuffled awkwardly in her seat, a frown on her face from the crazed show this place had become. Her father did warn her of her aunt’s sharp attitude twords politics, but she never imagined it would be like this. She signed to her stone faced aunt that raising a god was considerably more sensible than this mess. When the woman cracked the tiniest smile, the young woman knew that perhaps this wasn’t as bad as it all seemed. She stood up from her seat and took a breath before speaking. “My name’s Kagami Ishiin. I am a farmer and ranger, I’m seventeen years old, and this is my first time voting.” She introduced herself. Her accent was still decently thick, but she took her time with her words, her grammar perfect and her words very carefully picked out.

“I first wish to say I’m disappointed if this is what politics is. You’re both bullies in your own way, one far more than the other, and I wasn’t expecting this to be adulthood. I try to be respectful to everyone, but it is the Ishiin way to be very selective about who we call boss. Insulting the people you wish to lead does not make a good leader.” The stare from her normally bright, innocent blue eyes was stern and calculating at that statement before she considered that matter closed and moved on to her question, her shoulders relaxing. “I don’t have a question for Miss Nikitas, but I have one for you, Miss Aruji. You’ve been there since Aunt Kiori helped me start my farm. You and my now step mother have been inspirations for Holly Bell. You talking about possibly moving Pixco has my attention. I love pixco, it gave my father a job and gets him to stay close, and they helped fuel my hobby for pixelball making. I agree that moving it away from sensitive crops and pixelmon would be wonderful, but I want to know if you have any idea where it could go to minimize negative effects on the environment. Ferrite? Aurelia?”

If Keld’s proud smile could light the world…

~+~+~+~

(I wish to oocly state that I love both floop and portal oocly, this is all strictly ic. Kiori is, well, Kiori, and Kagami has always been very protective. *hides under her desk with Keld and whines*)
Portalgunblaze

Jade's smile weakened a little, but she nodded along to what Kagami said. She took a bit longer to answer this time, seeming to want to answer it as correctly and clearly as she could. "Well... I have some ideas of where to possibly place it. The locations I currently have in mind are the two areas with the tree stubs close to the hero base, anywhere near the two mines, the PixCo and the Public one, and possibly somewhere near Ferrite yeah. But where it's going to be placed can't be decided yet. I want to find a spot which were damage to the enviroment can be minimized and where PixCo can work. PixCo is a amazing company which has helped Toro a lot, so I want our goverment to stay friendly with them. When I become Premier, I'll most likely be spending a lot of time in meetings with Pixco to find a new location that is not just better for the enviroment, but also the goverment, Pixco itself and for the citizens of Toro."
RiaLangset

The ranger gave a nod at this and bowed. "Thank you. Right now, the environment is high on my concerns, for really obvious reasons. Holly Bell hopes to be able to supply more places, but simply cant with the soil quality, likely due to the factory. I'm not mad, it wasn't intentional by them. They've been here longer than me, to be more than fair." She sat down in her seat. Her father placed his hand over hers, and he could feel it shaking. Perhaps this took more effort for her to get up and do than he thought.

The eldest Ishiin, Keld, would take his chance to speak up, though he didn't stand. He was quite comfortable in his spot, after all. He was as dark toned as his twin, his long black hair tied on dreadlocks that rested along his shoulders. Like his daughter, his accent was also thick, but this kantonese oreo had...a northern avalon accent. This man was well traveled. "Oi, ah've got a wee question or two." He gave the relaxed smile of a man who really didn't care to be here, but decided to make the best of it. "Nah for the lovely Jade lass, but for the equally-lovely Heather lass. Ya platform talks a lot abou' stagnation of the region. Ah wish tae know why ya think ets become stagnant. Et was within the last four years that ah got my citizenship tae Toro. Ah traveled here constantly en the past tae take care of my sister and my brother..." he gave a wave to Kaineth, "when shite 'appened tae 'em. These last four years have been anythin' but stagnant. Stagnant should nah be confused with peace, lass. Toro finally had the chance tae spend ets energy on etself rather than defendin etself. My kids, my nice an' nephew, an' this generation of little ones en general have been enjoyin' themselves an' growin'. RTMP has grown strong now that they have a chance tae. The Rangers are doin' great...towns are able tae grow rather than focus on repair after repair..."

He gave a lazy sort of grin, a shade of his old party boy days. "Ah'm nah the smart sort like my wee sis, or as involved as my daughter, but as far as ah can see, ah donna see stagnation at all. Could ya tell me about et an' how ah can help with et?" Despite the accent and perhaps his words, he gave full indication that he was concerned for Toro's state, the place he has called home for his clan.
bigpapa671

Heather nods to the man stepping up to ask the question "First of all sir thank you for your question, always nice to see people up here doing their civic duty, and getting informed. Toro governmentaly has most definitely stagnated in the last 4-8 years sir. We've been doing far less then we previously had, and if we pay attention to world history we'll see that that is always dangerous. For example, when Unova saw a peace time after the first great war in the early half of the 900's their government lulled. Because they're government lulled in the 920's instead of continuing to be active, and strong they saw one of the greatest economic crashes in the history of the world." Heather would smile slightly "I am not mistaking peace for stagnation my fellow citizen, instead I am seeing it for the opportunity it is."

She takes a quick sip of water before she continues talking "In the post globalization world in which we live no country can act alone, and isolationist without stagnating itself. Toro grew very rapidly in the last 40 years, but we are plateauing. We will reach a point were we can no longer going at it alone, and this bubble we've built will burst. In order to prevent that from happening we need a strong, active federal government, passing legislation, and working well with other nations to prevent us from hitting that point." Heather nods slightly "Although it may seem that Toro is doing well because we are in the boom period that is peace, our government is not acting as much as it previously was. Historically that has always meant disaster, and economic recession if not a depression."

"Look at Lyuskoy who industrialized rapidly much like Toro did. Because of a refusal to work with other-nations instead sticking to a highly aggressive isolationist policy they faced a terrible economic crash, bringing famine onto their people."

"Now I'm sure you want to concrete examples. Well for one think of the last time a foreign dignitary visited Toro for diplomatic reasons? It was the King of Alkir almost 10 years ago." Heather would look out to the camera, and to the crowd at this point "People of Toro, we are entering the global age, every other growing region is working with other regions to get ahead, and if we do not do the same we will be left behind in their dust. We must learn from the mistakes of Lyuskoy, and Unova, Toro. We need a government that will be active in foreign policies, and a Premier who will work well with the Arbiter, and push out legislation to make sure that Toro is making the most of it's peaceful period!"
RiaLangset

Keld blinked softly as he listened to Heather and her passionate statements. He would agree, to a point, on several things, as the man had been to many regions, far more than his sister and herpahs his own mother. He gave his full beard a hearty scratch as the woman finished. "Va, gettin' visas tae some areas es a wee bit of a pain, an' ya can imagine the looks someone lookin' like ah do get when ya go tae a couple places, but ah...two things, lass, then ah will probably get off ya back."

"Ah've spent most of my life travelin'. Been tae many regions, many islands, and got nice an' personal with several lovely natives of that lands--stop lookin' at me like that, Kiki." He bit back a friendly laugh at Kiori's sideways warning stare. He wasn't going to get too indecent. Maybe. Buzzkill. He coughed and continued. "Perhaps on the government side, Toro's nah been tae busy with other nations. Maybe, ah would nah really know. Never even got my GED. Surprise, ah know. But en terms of the regular people level, Toro es an open book when et comes tae other nations. Hell, found myself speakin' Kantonese tae a lot of people, and ah hear my sister is usually off learnin' some new language so she can greet new people better. Lesse, here...my Africans/Kantonese little girl es pinin' for a Rasillian lad, who comes from a family of two fathers, the other father bein' Schiferwaldish, an' they're all living en a town ran by two woman, one es also an africans/Kantonese mix, the other one a very beautiful an' lovely thing that's part Kalosian, ah think... Point es, there really isn't anything that isolatin' about Toro at all from the people's side far as ah've really noticed. Applyin' fer a permanent residency here was easier than makin' Kagami here."

Kagami was hiding a very red face in her ranger's scarf, and Keld was all too pleased that he could always embarrass his daughter in some form. "But eh, et leads to my other question. This es the Premier debates, yes? From the sound of what ya aimin' right there, esn't that the Foreign Minister's job? Lass, ef ya were applyin' for that, ya'd be absolutely perfect for et. Cannae really be doin' two jobs at once, ah think? Politics confuse me." He gave the thumbs up and slouched a bit more in his seat, back giving a loud pop.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”