Jade Aruji's Platform

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Jade Aruji's Platform

The music playing on the Sunny Radio Channel of Cobalt would stop one afternoon. A sort of announcement would begin as a voice, familiar to some, strange to others, would begin to speak. The voice had a very motherly tone.

“Good afternoon people of Toro, my name is Jade Aruji. As some of you may know, I’ll be running for Premier of Toro this election. I’ve come here today to share my platform, what I’m planning to do as premier, why I believe people should vote for me amongst other things. I have chosen to do this over the radio rather than a press conference, because I want all of the region to be able to hear what I have to say.“

The woman would hesitate for a little, choosing her words carefully. After a second or three, she would continue, using the same tone of voice.

“Let me begin by telling all of you what I’m planning to do as Premier. Toro, in my opinion, is currently at peace. I’ve been in this region for nearly three decades now, and I feel like we are now closest to true peace than we have ever been. I want to do my best to protect that peace, I want to do my best to protect the happy feelings we can all have now, I want to make sure nobody has to worry anymore about an evil villain or team. Because of this, I will be working on ways to prevent any future catastrophes and work on ways how we can reduce the damage made by things that we couldn’t prevent. We can work with regions, such as Holova, to help prevent against any future floods or tsunamis. We can create special teams which will be put into action during emergencies. We can build bunkers around the region. Those are just some basic ideas. ”

Another short pause, before Jade went to her second point.

“Alongside that, I would like to try and have our economy grow. I’d also like to try and lessen the gap between the rich and the poor in this region, something which I’ve experienced both sides of. I want to try and make it more affordable and attractive for people to start businesses. I plan to achieve this by giving business owners some more benefits for owning a business, for example lowering rent for starting businesses. If we can get a more active economy, the gap between our rich and our poor will lessen.“

The woman’s tone would change a little now, seeming slightly more serious as she got to her third point.

“There are a lot of other things I’d like to improve our region’s: healthcare, education, security, global standing and reputation as a region. These are just a few of the things. I want to protect our citizens in any way I can, from big things such as natural disasters, to smaller things like harmful food. To expand upon this, I believe the Pixco factory, which is placed next to the farm which produce all our food, could be quite harmful. I want to relocate to somewhere that’s not literally right next to the stuff we eat. I still don’t get why it’s even located there, but to continue: another change I’d like to implement, which may be a little controversial, but I still want to do, is to change how Toro’s voting system works. My plan is to change our system from First Past The Post, also known as Winner Takes All, to a Alternative Vote System, so more people in our region are happy with whichever Premier ends up winning the election. ”

Her tone would seem to change again, this time far more noticeable. It became a lot more soothing, a lot more honest sounding, but also a little worried.

“I know a lot of these things sound like promises for now, but I’ll be sure to further explain and expand them in the future. There are many more things I’d like to talk about and many more I’d like to do, but I’ll save those for the debate. I want to talk about one more thing though, and excuse me for it, but I want to talk a bit about myself.
When I was 16 years old, I made the decision to move to Toro so I could start a new life here, a decision that ended up having an impact on me far bigger than I could have imagined. The events and people of this region have all had big impacts on my life and the person I am, some for better, others for worse. Nevertheless, I’m happy for the things this region has made me experience, because they allowed me to learn, not just about the world, but myself as well.
If you were to ask my 16 year old self for anything, I would most likely tell you to piss off, but now… ” There was another short pause, before she continued with a much more cheerful and lively tone. “ I want to try and help every single person in this region, not just as a thanks, but because I believe every single one of you deserves a happy and peaceful life. I believe that all of us together can create a peaceful and happy Toro. A place where you don’t have to live in fear and everyone can happily live their lives how they want.
Creating a perfect region is impossible, I am well aware of this fact, just like how I am not perfect either, despite the fact that I sometimes act like I am. I’ve done and said some stupid things in the past and I’ll do and say some stupid things in the future, but just because something is impossible, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try for it anyway. If we can’t get a 100% perfect region, we’ll try and go for 99%.
If you want to help me create a peaceful, happy Toro, then please vote for me.
If anyone has any questions, you may call me at (-Insert number here-) or personally visit me at the Aruji Residence on the Birch Island just East of Cobalts beach.
Thank you all for your time and have a great day.“

And with that, the announcement would end and the usual music returned.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”