Haunter Bay Auction House

Shdara
MC name: Lord_Lyonheart

Re: Haunter Bay Auction House

((From my understanding we are bidding for the rights to A plot. So there is only one winner. The current bid is 12,000. Once you win you get your chosen plot for the week. So lets try to keep better track on the current bid so nobody gets confused.))
dekt
MC name: excadr1ll

Ryan Flynn steps into the auction house and takes a seat, watching the ongoing bidding. After a while, the man raises his hand to bid, shouting out, "P13,000 for B-13!". After placing his bid, he sits quietly in his seat, hands folded in his lap.
DannyJay
MC name: nutellarain

((Yeah guys, there's 1 plot being sold, at 1 current bid, there's not several bids on each plot, so the current bid is 13,000 for 1 plot, there's not several on sale.
After you guys win the bid of highest, you get to choose a piece of land.
I hope that explained well enough? xD ))
Peach
MC name: Peachi3xx

HCB Auctioneer:

And the winning bid goes to this gentlemen for P13,000 for B-13! Thank you- you may pay may directly to the HBC CEO, Griffith Watanabe and you land will be set up for you to begin.

Now on to the next season's land bidding. It will end Winter 28 at midnight ((Sunday 12 AM EST)). Do I hear a P10,000?!
Shdara

((wait...the bidding is over already? I was under the impression it was going until the 28 at midnight?))

I was not done bidding...raises his hand again I will bid 20,000 for I8.
dekt

((The 28th at midnight according to the solrock calendar.))
Shdara

((Yes is that based on est time I assume since looking at the board it doesn't change for another 2 hours for me...even the forum time says the same it is still the 21st making it still the 28th...))
dekt

Shdara wrote:((Yes is that based on est time I assume since looking at the board it doesn't change for another 2 hours for me...even the forum time says the same it is still the 21st making it still the 28th...))
(( Oh, yeah. That's EST based, I believe. It probably should have been in OOC in this thread's original post, but it does say 12 AM EST on this thread at the very bottom. http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... f=57&t=633 ))
wilddragyn
MC name: wilddragyn

The Solrock calendar says till midnight. It's not midnight yet. We where going to bid still.

This miscommunication will cause a few issues. We where going to bid higher because we need the wood for the new city.

Anything that can be done to help resolve this issue?
Peach
MC name: Peachi3xx

((I'll make it more clearer on the front page forums. It was indeed 12 am but in EDT - 5 when I closed the bid. Everyone sees time-zones differently on this forum and I can't set a universal default time-zone for the users with phpBB unfortunately. You can set your own timezone by going to your User Control Panel>Board Features.

I think the best option is to compromise and give two plots away this week. I wouldn't ask P20,000 either, P13,000 which Dekt won with is enough.

We actually learned a bit more about our own timezone. During the summer we're using EDT and in the winter, we're using EST. We'll go based off of what google says is EST - 5.
))

Return to “Government Land Sales Archieve”