Misha's Public Relations Application

Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Misha's Public Relations Application

Preferred Name: Misha
MC Username: Mishakiara
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available: Too much hours a week.

Describe yourself, particularly how do you approach meeting new people?
It's hard to judge myself, but overall I try to be friendly and helpful when I meet new people! I try not to judge others or be mean, even if they might have done things I might disagree with. After all, these are new people, I don't know them and have no right to judge! For people I already know- well I think you have an idea of that.

Is your character in any public relations/advertising position?
Not that I know of?

Do you have any previous experience in advertising or sales?
Not at all.

How comfortable are you posting to forums?
I think I'm pretty comfortable posting to forums! At least I don't think I have any problems with them really.

Describe any experience in making posts to the following sites: Reddit, Minecraftforums.net, the Pixelmon Forums, a non-personal Facebook page, Youtube, or Twitter?
I have little experience with most of these, but I'm pretty willing to find out. I've used minecraftforums.net the most out of these, and I know a little bit about Twitter. For youtube I've only posted unlisted animations and such. It's not on that list, but I have a lot of experience with tumblr.

Please provide a quick response to some common questions you might be asked:
How do I join the server?

To join the server you can hop on over to the Toro League Forums and find the whitelist section! After reading the rules feel free to send post a whitelist application in a new thread in the whitelist application subforum. Once your app gets accepted and you get the modpack installed you can join the server on the IP server.toro-league.com!

What is the server / community like? & ( I kinda merged these, hope you don't mind. I feel like the community ties in a lot to the server itself so yeah. Plus I'm not really sure the difference? )
The server is a smaller server compared to some RP server, but it has of the most amazing RP communities I've been in! It's small enough where players can get to know each other, but it's big enough where there's normally someone to talk to! The community is fantastic and helpful, and the staff are very kind and active which is definitely a nice upside. In addition if you have any problems the staff will work with you and help you fix them, whether it's technical problems, problems with another player, or just random small RP questions! Overall the server is fantastic and I adore the community.

What do you like about Toro?
Besides the fantastic server and community, I love the roleplay! Although we have high quality RP and are a serious RP server, there can still be silly and fun rps such as beach parties or festivals! The builds on it is another great part of it too, nearly every build I've seen looks absolutely gorgeous and even the smallest buildings have lots of decoration and small details to make them nice. They're always adding more to the map, and players can do a lot of things. They can make their own businesses rather easily, get a job at one of the many businesses that exist, or even just be a hobo. Sit around and fish all day if you want, maybe cook some food (there's a lot of recipes and foods added with one of the mods)! Despite being a Pixelmon server, you don't have to have high level battling Pixelmon, in fact you don't need a PIxelmon at all!

How are player characters treated in events?
When events are created the staff work hard to try and include every player character that comes or has something for people to do! It's a bit hard to get to everyone for things like combat events, after all there's only a small amount of staff when running these, but they still manage to respond to everyone they can. The way certain PCs act or their actions can affect an event, or at least get some sort of reply so they aren't ignored!

Roleplaying tends to carry a certain negative stereotype to it that I can't describe better than this video: https://youtu.be/CMzQ7D8j30I?t=60
We could attract more players if we dissuade any negative image about roleplaying. Write a brief description of Toro Roleplay ((or roleplay in general)) to attract players who adhere to that stereotype.

Something about Toro League that can set it aside from a lot of RP things is that we focus on quality over quantity. We have a group of whitelisters to filter through the application and do our best to make sure only serious RPers pass through, or ones that seem like they're trying or want to be at least. We also work to help already accepted players improve! In addition Toro even make sure existing players have quality well written characters by having a 1 character limit to accounts, as well as needing each character profile be reviewed before they can be played.

Other: Y'all know me so I don't have anything I think I'd have much else I can contribute to this application. I think I might opt out of the in-game PR tag too if I do get accepted. I mostly just want something more to do with the server to help out since I apparently cannot get enough.

Return to “Accepted Applications”