Looking to join

Glad to have you here! New or old, tell us about yourself!
NeoKross
MC name: NeoKross

Looking to join

Hey, I'm a long time RPer and have been playing pokemon from red/blue. I'm looking for a mature rp server with exploring, mining, catching pokemon and maybe some building.

I'm considering joining and playing a mountain man/explorer. A bit outside the popular american 50s culture, but someone who still enjoys elvis. Would this type of character have a place on the server?

What are the policies for mining and logging? I saw about leaving stumps and supports, but where are these things allowed?

How common are player interactions? Are people up for wandering around, camping and catching pokemon?

Hoping this is the server for me! Can't wait to meet you all!
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

Re: Looking to join

Hey there! Thanks for visiting!

Logging is something you would have to bring up with the GMs, but I can tell you a bit about mining. There is a public quarry people can use if they pay 3k for a lifetime membership. You can keep anything you dig in there, and there is a place in Cobalt where you can sell dirt, cobble, and gravel. I used that quarry plenty myself.

People are not often wandering about, but you can often find people in towns that are open to new people meeting them. It is recommended that all new people visit the Professor to get some good ic information about the towns and people in general. There's also another starter pack that's given out there.

At the moment, the server is a little less populated than usual, given the summer weather and pokemon go being released. The skype groups are always active and friendly. I play the professor, as well as a few other characters, and would be happy to help introduce you to the chat! Add me on skype if you like: rialangset.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Howdy! Name's Vernon, I'm a member of staff around here, and I'm the region's current Political Figurehead, which means I can answer your question about logging.

Logging is...a rather touchy subject, among some characters ICly. OOCly it's not a big deal, as far as I know. If you're looking to do some commercial logging, you'll have to go through the government to get a permit, but otherwise I don't see much of a problem. I'm not sure about ALL the facts about this off the top of my head, best ask a GM about the entire process, but otherwise your character is pretty sound.

As Ria said, we're in a bit of a low spot on the valley in terms of player presence online. I try to get on when/if I can, but there's only so long I can be on doing very little XD.

Either way, we do have a 're-rolling' system, where basically, if you don't like your character and wish to play a new one, you can easily re-roll them by making a character profile for a new character and posting it in the CP section!

Thanks for your interest! I hope to see your application soon!
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

HELLO, GM here! I know other people have answered you, but I decided to answer some more!
EDIT: Wow, that turned out long, I'm sorry! Feel free to skip to the end, don't be intimidated ; v ;'''

We are not the typical survival minecraft server, we don't have any wilds area to collect mats, but we do provide a lot of other ways to get them. To be honest, and this is coming from the GM-Build, building is a bit of a process, especially if you want to build outside of a predestined plot, or a city. I'm very proud to say that I'm a bit strict on keeping the quality of the server, but I'm always offering help on how to improve the build. We do have Decocraft and other furniture mods though, so if you are an interior decorator, you'll be right at home! Acquiring furniture is quite easy, and once you get a home you're usually allowed to decorate it as you please! There are also some pre-furnished homes, for you to either rent out, or take inspiration from.
Other have mentioned the quarry, it isn't your typical minecraft mining, it is simply a quarry that you clear out layer by layer, so no real need for supports there. We do ask our buildings to try and have realistic structures though, so basements need to make sense, and if you DO make a mine, it NEEDS supports!
As for logging, I don't... recall a permit? Toro isn't /that/ application heavy, not to worry. Or it can be safe to assume that when you get the land that your character has already gotten everything needed! We have a few 50x50 plots that can be used for mining, building / you may select a plot outside these, but we like recycling :P
You can get rid of stumps, that is a old rule to tell the truth, ALTHOUGH stumps look pretty cool.

The people of this server are very up for roleplay of all sorts! Though admitably you'll have to wave down their attention perhaps, as the map is large. We do have a dynmap, and we actually encourage people to use it to try and meet up, or find out where the rp is at. You are an experienced RPer, so I don't have to warn you about Meta I bet~
But my tip is that if you see someone, you just go for it! A lot of people are quite shy about joining rps, and then feel lonely or bored because they aren't rping... but really, I imagine more people couldn't be happier!

Finally, all sorts of characters are allowed here, to tell you the truth this server has drifted away the cool-cats of the American 50s in terms of characters. You won't find a lot of people speaking outdated lingo, and wearing suits everywhere. I like to call ourselves, 'Pokemon 50s' xD basically we don't have modern tvs, phones, computers, while still having the cool tech of Pokemon stuff, like reviving fossils, and storing Pokemon in a pc. We try to avoid referencing real people, or we like to give their names a Pokemon spin on it ! On that note we have a list of countries from canon works, and some created by Toro Players/Staff to try and be more diverse - naturally you do the same.
To be perfectly honest, we don't have as many 'I'M GONNA BE THE VERY BEST' child wandering trainers as you think we would! We do have plenty of trainers in general though, and realll nerds as our gym-leaders... but you can also meet people who just hate, icly, pokemon, or don't have any!
SO TL;DR BECAUSE I CAN RAMBLE// and some stuff I couldn't fit in::
  • 1. You can play any character you want, you aren't stuck to the 50s - as long as it isn't like, too modern, yanno?
    2. You can work at the quarry and or make your own mines/logging area, but you won't get that minecraft experience here, sorry. This is mostly a pure rp server with pokemans. But we do have a lot of decorating and opportunity to build!
    3. We may be a little spare, but we LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE rping and just need to be poked! Especially with people that we are un-familiar with! It is very encouraged to do stuff outside of the simple ' meet-n-greet ' stuff, and staff are always ready to help improve your rp experience by DMing something, or building up a little tent, etc.
    EDIT TWO BECAUSE I WANT TO ADD MORE STUFF AHHH!
    4. We are in fact really willing to bring your creative ideas, and such to life, and we have what we call, IC-GM apps! These are used to ask for money to support your rp business, talking pogeymans, secret hide-outs or other rp-y builds that kinda don't follow buying land (( for example, I made a ICGM so I can plant a sunflower field! )) or just mostly anything that the GMs can do to improve your experience / apart from Shinies. You gotta buy that. :3
Also I am a bad person for not calling them Pixelmon, the word we use on this server. woops.
NeoKross

My thanks to everyone for their responses! The more info the better from my perspective. I sketched up a rough character concept while at work today and will work on putting it into application format/making a skin tonight.

I appreciate the high integrity for build quality. I've played on other restricted build RP servers and have been very happy to work with the staff in the past, so no worried there.

A few more questions. What level of plot support is there from the GMs? I've seen some major events from the forums (Teams Noir, Angels, etc) but can we expect sub plots or is the story more player driven outside major events?

In a modern-esque world where the bad guys have been defeated (Noir) where does the conflict come from? Again, player driven or GM based? Are we talking personal stories and struggles to achieve goals or working together against adversity? How much room is there for players to introduce their own minor plots?
NeoKross

Put in my application last night, and I'm super excited to get on! Is there a time of day/day of the week that most people are on? I saw there will be an event next weekend but I'm afraid I'll be away in the woods, so no luck there.

Return to “Introductions”