Backpacks Mod for 1.6.2/1.6.4

SaulJoker
MC name: SaulJoker

Backpacks Mod for 1.6.2/1.6.4

Hello everyone! I have been in the TL community for a bit now, and I would like to make a suggestion.

This is the Backpacks Mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/149 ... s-v-12629/

What is the Backpacks Mod you may ask?
The Backpacks Mod is a Minecraft Mod that adds backspacks to Minecraft! This way, you can store your items within a backpack so that when your inventory is full and you are far from home, you can take more stuff!

Of course, having 30 backpacks isn't really realistic either, so perhaps adding a rule that you can only carry 2 backpacks at a time or 1 big backpack wouldn't be bad. There is also a backpack that allows you to use a crafting menu too(3x3)!

I think this mod would be really useful because there are Trainers out there who find bosses and obtain a lot of items from them, and when they are mining for example they collect a lot of cobblestone that they want to keep, however they do not have enough space for it.

A good thing about this mod is that it really fits with the server. You can obtain leather and string, which you use to craft these backpacks from wild Pixelmon. Of course, you cannot craft the Ender Backpack(which would be useful for staff members etc.).

One important note is that you cannot store backpacks within backpacks, which is good because it stops players from having an infinite inventory.

Controls:
to open a backpack.
[Shift right click while holding a backpack on a block with inventory] to "trade" items between the two.
[Shift right click while holding a backpack] to rename the backpack.

Please, consider this mod very seriously as I believe it can really help out!
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

Re: Backpacks Mod for 1.6.2/1.6.4

Hi there!

This mod sounds great, but our problems is that we don't want to add a ton off mods to our server. This ask makes the wait for the server to update to the latest version of Minecraft since it takes a while to update mods. It also requires for players to download an extra mod to install.

But if the community wishes for this mod to be added, we shall listen. Feel free to ask people to post comments here either saying why they like or why they don't and explain their opinion.

Thanks,

Heart
SaulJoker

Thanks for replying Heart!
This mod sounds great, but our problems is that we don't want to add a ton off mods to our server. This ask makes the wait for the server to update to the latest version of Minecraft since it takes a while to update mods. It also requires for players to download an extra mod to install.
I think you are right. Adding too many mods to the server would be problematic. Have you thought about developing a custom mod-pack for the server? I understand that not all mod-developers may be in agreement to this, but if they do it might be an easier way to add and tweak some mods. Perhaps we may not be able to update the server, but I think it's a decent idea.

Anyways:
But if the community wishes for this mod to be added, we shall listen. Feel free to ask people to post comments here either saying why they like or why they don't and explain their opinion.
Regards,

Saul.
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

Have you thought about developing a custom mod-pack for the server?
Yes we have but the creators of the Pixelmon Mod have not permitted people to create customs mod packs containing their mod. We would if we could but sadly we cannot.
SaulJoker

Heart wrote:
Have you thought about developing a custom mod-pack for the server?
Yes we have but the creators of the Pixelmon Mod have not permitted people to create customs mod packs containing their mod. We would if we could but sadly we cannot.
Ok. Thank you.
dekt
MC name: excadr1ll

Personally, I really do like this mod and try to include it the mods I use with friends on private servers.

There is the issue that not all mods update at the same time and we like to try to keep up to date with the latest minecraft versions as much as possible. Pixelmon itself may not be hitting 1.7 for a while. I don't think the furniture mod we're using has either. Adding more 1.6 mods on top of what we already use potentially increases the time it will take for us to move to newer minecraft versions and with a mod like this, we won't be able to easily get rid of it if problems arise once the playerbase comes to rely on it for item storage.

Having said that, I have no problem with it for what it is and what it does. If there's more interest in the backpack mod, we can definitely consider adding it.

Edit: I basically just repeated most of what Heart said in her post without realizing it, sorry. xD But yeah, it's basically one of our main reasons for being hesitant to add new mods. We are a little more open to bukkit plugins, however!
misthuntercodi
MC name: misthuntercodi

I love this mod, and it being a small mod, probably won't take long to update. I would definately appreciate you all considering it for the server
Thovian
MC name: Thovian

I've personally used this mod on single player worlds frequently, and I love it. I think it would be a great addition to the server, and as Saul said, the use for helping out with boss mob drops is a fantastic point. I've had tons of issues with a full inventory, and it seems only realistic that a trainer would carry a bag with them, as we've all seen in the anime.

This mod has my support.
Eeveesmaster8
MC name: SGTsprinklz

I personally find this mod very useful when I do use it, so I have to say I agree. and as Thovian said, it makes sense,
NinjaLukeI
MC name: NinjaLukeI

Just wanted to bump to bring this back to people's attention. I think this is a mod Toro needs, and will be easy to add seeing as we may be updating to 1.7 soon.

Return to “Idea Archives”