Liam2783's Application (ReApply)

liam2783
MC name: liam2783

Liam2783's Application (ReApply)

Forum Username: Liam2783
Minecraft Username: Liam2783
where did i find out about you: minecraftforum.net
About me: one of my hobbies is football, i love football i am very active and try hard at anything, even school sadly... and i liked pokemon ever since i was little so i really want to play pixelmon on your server.
What is roleplaying: roleplaying is a bunch of people acting out a certain thing e.g. a game or a film.
What is Meta-gaming: I am not exactly sure what Meta-gaming is but i went on the internet and got this (i read it through so i would understand) Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.
What is Power-gaming: and the same with Meta-gaming.(you dont have to read it) Powergaming (or power gaming) is a style of interacting with games or game-like systems with the aim of maximising progress towards a specific goal, to the exclusion of other considerations such as (in video games, boardgames, and roleplaying games) storytelling, atmosphere and camaraderie. Due to its focus on the letter of the rules over the spirit of the rules, it is often seen as unsporting, un-fun, or unsociable. This behaviour is most often found in games with a wide range of game features, lengthy campaigns or prize tournaments such as role-playing, massively multiplayer or collectible games.
What is the difference between in-character and out-of-character: IC is when you act out to be in something elses shoes and OUC is when you act as you not as somebody else
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: i have played some.
In-Game Lore Questions
Describe the 1950s in your own words: (i typed in 1950 pictures in google images) A time where people would wear weird type clothing and would have less improved engineering.
What is Pix Co.?: Pixel Corporation, or more commonly known as Pix Co. is a multinational corporation headquartered in Aurelia, Toro. The company spans across several industries including consumer electronics, computer hardware, education, healthcare, retail, and utilities. It's best known for the reinvention of the modern Pixelball, a portable capturing and housing devise for immediate control of a Pixelmon.
what is team noir?: Team Noir is a transnational organized crime syndicate. They are notorious for their strict codes of conduct and hierarchical organization. They are estimated to have memberships in the thousands. A spearow-like white mask is worn during mass gatherings. The longer fearow mask is noted to mark underbosses and consigliere. After successful criminal activity, the signature Team Noir logo is marked on the walls. Little else is known.

About Character:
Name: John
Description:
Physical description: He wears a white shirt with a black jacket over it, he wears a black hat and wears black jeans, and have black hair, he is 1.5m tall and doesnt have much of a tan, he wears smart for his age, he has a tattoo on his right arm but his shirt covers it up.
Personality: He is very friendly to everyone, he will help people out occasionally and really loves pokemon, but if you annoy him he may get a bit agitated, so its best no one gets on his nerves.
Biography: He grew up in the johto region but just recently travelled across to the toro region, he really loves it there but he misses his friends even that pidgey he use to watch, but he heard that prof oak was in the area and that he could get his first pokemon! He knew about prof oak from his tv channel, he always used to watch that and really wanted to meet prof oak.

open response general:
You are walking along Route 2 when your eyes lock onto another trainers' in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. What do you do next?
As the trainer's rattata reaches the floor i quickly react and reach for my pixelball "Go Charmander! Show him whos Boss" as i smiled throwing the pixelball at the ground, then he shouted as loud as he could shouting "Quickly Rattata used Quick Attack" Charmander got hit by Rattata and it launched Charmander across smashhing into a rock "Charmander" I shouted running as quickly as i could to get Charmander up. Even though we lost i was proud of Charmander and he knew i was.

BTW: I took drama for GCSE so i know how to act and i have got a recorder that can record for 10 minutes maximum and it doesnt have the http://www.Bandicam.com at the top of the video, and i watched psychedeliccreeper's video and if he wanted i could join him on youtube.
Last edited by liam2783 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Zurrag
MC name: Zurrag

Re: Liam2783's Application (ReApply)

You seem to be adding one thing at a time, you need to fill out the entire template for your application to be considered. You're still missing the physical description, personality, and biography. It seems you've just mashed something together in description, but I need you to segment it into the different areas so I know which is which.
TheRickCroese
MC name: TheRickCroese

I am going to give a bit of advice here.

Please take a look at the example right here.
It contains everything you need to do. We want you to have it listed out in this way. It may be an example, but it certainly is a perfect lay-out of an application.

*Ahem* As Zurrag said, you need to beef up your Personality, Physical Description and Biography. You have kinda of mixed them together, so let me explain them.

Your Physical Description is how your character looks like. What does he wear? What color of hair does he have? Does he have special markings, such as a tattoo?

Your Personality is how your character behaves. Is he mean, friendly, calm, mad? How does he reacts when facing something he doesn't like? It seems like you have got the basics of it, but I want you to add some more information. I need to imagine your character immediately after I read your application.

At last, your Biography. This is the past of your character. What has he experienced? What has he done in his life? Did someone or something change him? How did he land in Toro? What is his ultimate goal?

Besides that, I want you to copy-paste the Open Response question. I want to see emotions, thoughts, actions, interactions... All that kind of stuff. What did he say when he met the Trainer? Did he go all-in, did he think about it for a while? Just add actions in it.

After you have edited that, I'd love to see your application again.

Cheers, Rick~
liam2783
MC name: liam2783

I have made some changes

Return to “Whitelist Application Archives”