Welcome to Toro!
We’re happy to have some new friends join us; to help you get in we made this small guide to help you figure out how to get settled into the server. If you scroll ahead you can also find a F.A.Q to answer some questions we get often.
Skip to F.A.Q
Members must be at least 13, and we try not to accept players under 16. There is a chance we will make an exception if you seem like a good fit for the server, and may be more lenient the closer you are to 16.
1b. Join the Discord (Optional)
While you are not required to join, it’s something we recommend as the majority of the community, as well as various useful information, is on there!
2. Fill out the application!
We generally recommend saving drafts or writing it somewhere else (wordpad, microsoft word, google docs, etc.) and then pasting over when you're ready to submit! This is because there's been cases of it breaking when posting, and it will be saved. This can save you the trouble of having to rewrite it again if that happens!
Code: Select all
[b]-Player Questions-[/b] Minecraft Username: Age: Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one) Tell us a little about yourself: [b]-Roleplay Questions-[/b] [ Please use your own words. ] What is roleplaying? What is meta-gaming? What is power-gaming? What is retroactive continuity? What is a Mary Sue? What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) [b]-General Character Questions-[/b] [There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.] Full name: Age: Appearance: Personality: Biography: Flaws: Ambitions: Starter Pixelmon: [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendaries/Mythicals ] Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.) [b]-Open Response Questions-[/b] -Write in third person!- [size=50][Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.][/size] You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond? After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond? You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
• If you’re unsure of a term, please feel free to look at other accepted threads to try and get the idea! Powergaming is one that gets messed up a lot, you might also know it as “auto-hitting”; if you’re searching it up outside of apps, try finding it in the context of RP! Just make sure you use your own words to describe it, or when providing examples.
• For appearance, biography, and personality, there is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) for each section. This means they must each be 5 sentences, not 5 sentences when combined. Biography also needs to include where they are from (we generally recommend one of the regions featured in a core game) and why they came to Toro.
• We like to avoid fashion that might feel too ‘modern’. Examples would include but not be limited to headphones- which do not exist- or hoodies, which just don't tend to fit what we're looking for! If you need help we have some skins you can use as a base, and a thread dedicated to helping new players with skins, that can be found [HERE].
• Open Response only requires you to fill out two of the three scenarios, there is a full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each one. We do not roleplay in script style here so you should write Open Responses with proper grammar, dialogue between quotes, and write in third person. Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet the length requirement. Note: Responses on the server do NOT need to be this long, this is just so we can make sure you can write in a way that meshes with the server!
3. Post it to the Whitelist Applications forum and wait!
Please try to have patience with us. We generally respond within 48 hours if not sooner. We do not deny people, but we may ask for changes in order to accept you- or ask you to reapply if you are too young. Once you’ve been accepted we’ll whitelist you and make a post stating you’ve been accepted on the thread.
I got accepted. What do I do now?
You can get on the server and start your adventure! Some staff members can help replace your starter to the one you put on your application if needed; they are willing to change size, nature, and gender, as well as your ability to a non-HA one.
In case you aren't exactly sure what there is to do, here's a few things. Of course there's much more, but it's just some basic things in no particular order.
● Explore Towns
● Establish & work towards your character's dream job
● Get a home and decorate it.
● Meet with a Professor for a secondary starter & a Pokedex! [Players: KC or Rosy]
● Capture & train Pokemon
● Find the fun easter eggs around the map
● Make friends!
You can also ask around if you have any questions or can’t find what you’re looking for, we’re happy to help!
Outside of roleplay, our community interacts with each other on Discord the most; a large number announcements and a lot of information is posted there! It’s incredibly active and a good place to speak with others- whether it be to find some rp, discuss your characters, or to talk about whatever! This also means any questions or problems will be brought to our attention faster there. We highly recommend joining to better enjoy our server!