A surprise broadcast? Revolution Radio #1

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

A surprise broadcast? Revolution Radio #1

In the town of Aurelia as people adjusted their radios, they managed to find a new radio station! This one was garbled, and static-y. The recording clearly was not live, as it was distorted, and low in quality. Did they discover a station that was new? The message would play on loop for a couple hours, with a rather unconfident speaker speaking into a microphone as they send out their message. Once that loop fully ended, the feed turned to complete static.
Welcome to Revolution Radio, your only source for real news.

Today, I'd like to talk about a serious topic. For our first episode I figured it'd be best that we talk about the government. Specifically, I'd like to talk about the laws that are made by the government and with no real checks and balances between those who dictate the law and enforce the law. So starting today, I'd like to talk about one of Toro's most notable arbiters: Henry "Doc" Holiday. Now, many people are probably familiar with Doc Holiday as being the first Marshal Toro, a symbol of the peace of the common man. Honestly, someone that really everyone can look up to. I myself really have no issues for what Marshal Toro originally stood for. what it stands for now, however, very many issues. But that's not this episode. See. today I would like to discuss how easily Doc Holiday was able to rewrite laws in the vein of his own self interest. A law that was actually made because of him. Yes, I am discussing the masked vigilante law.

Now, it's no secret, for a long time, our current Commissioner, Edgar Penn, was a masked vigilante, going under the names Clypeus, Combuskid and Justicar. All things that started because Doc Holiday recruited a child to come help him fight crime. And this was not the first time Doc Holiday had done this, both with his successor, Alex Michigan, and his successor after that, Crystal Ross, both were children when they began fighting crime. Now, this man was for his piece, rightfully and willfully elected by the people to become the Arbiter of Justice. But during that time, a law was passed that re-legalized masked vigilantism, as up to that point, it had been illegal. From Doc's initial antics with Redite and Dandria as Marshal Toro. This law basically stated that as long as the head of the RTMP knew who you were, nobody else had to. Now, I don't necessarily disagree with this law, but I am going to point out how violently in self interest this was. Doc Holiday did this in order to protect the people he unlawfully recruited. And everyone seemed OK with this, including the people who were checked and balanced for Doc. It's horrible to think that the Arbiter had so much freedom and still really does to this day to make such arbitrary laws and changes. Of course, Premier Edgar Penn is of no less guilt. During his time as Premier, Premier Penn did nothing to try to repeal this law that was clearly a conflict of interest, knowing that it was.

So, listeners, you may be wondering, what am I getting at? Well, what I'm getting at is: you can't trust your lawmakers. Sure, a law may be made with clear intent or statement that it's good, but you need to really look past and look at the person who are writing these laws. Our laws were written many many years ago at the very outset, and new ones get added on, but how many of those old laws need revision aren't really up to code anymore? Can you really trust your lawmakers to be giving you accurate, up to date lawmaking when they're so focused on resting on their laurels and just making laws in their own self interest because they think that it's wrong? But what about the people? I don't recall asking for mask vigilantes and I can't really think of anybody else who did? What can you do as a mask hero that you can't do without a mask? Why legalize them? Why not force them to join the RTMP? If they have a reason to be masked, then they clearly have something to hide. I might be sounding a little bit like our JJJ up at the Toro Times, but really, who asked and why is any of this legal?

At the end of the day, please remember that you can't just trust everything you're told by the government or by your local officials. Sure, they may be elected, but that doesn't mean they have your best interests in mind. All I ask is that you:

Seek the truth. Be informed. Signing off.

Return to “Toro Media”