Legends Around Us - Suicune

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Legends Around Us - Suicune

Toro’s public broadcasters- radio and TV- introduce the following program one night. Those watching on television would see an adult with light green eyes and white hair, dyed with a blue series of highlights in the front, dressed in a light blue knee-length A-line dress with a mint blazer. They’re standing in a warm autumn sunset before the lake north of Canvas, framed by farms in the background and fall foliage all around the lake.

“Greetings, Toro! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Riley Dashwood, one of Galena’s mayors. I'm here to introduce a new program called ‘Legends Around Us.’ We're going to be spotlighting past and present encounters with the beings known as 'Legendary Pokemon.' We'll be talking about ancient myths, distant history, and even recent memory.

This series isn't coming from nowhere. With recent events, and propaganda from certain outlets, there's been a lot of concern and fear about these Pokemon. We're going to show a different side of them. Whatever you believe, these Pokemon are a part of the world just like we are, and learning to live with them means learning to understand them better. In the process, it's my hope that maybe we'll learn to understand each other better too.

Tonight’s focus is Suicune. Sometimes known as the Aurora Pokemon, legend has it that Suicune was one of three Pokemon resurrected by Ho-Oh when the Brass Tower burnt down long ago. It symbolizes the rain that ended the fire- possibly before it could spread, saving Ecruteak City. This is one of the more recent origin stories of such a Pokemon- centuries ago rather than millennia. And this is only the beginning of its story. The elusive Suicune, rarely sighted, is rumored to dash around the world with the northern wind in search of polluted water. Several unexplained incidents of toxic lakes and poisoned rivers clearing up have been attributed to it- some with more evidence than others. Let’s turn things over to…”

The program continues for a full hour time slot, with academics, folklorists, religious figures, and storytellers sharing their knowledge and perspectives on the Pokemon’s deeds.

(Big thanks to Sn0wfa11 for writing this, and future ones!)

Return to “Toro Media”