The Reply! A Notice for the Challenger!

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

The Reply! A Notice for the Challenger!

A crowd gathers atop the League's immaculate Champion's Arena. The sounds of interviewers, cameras, and a generalized crowd created a din of noise. All of a sudden, from the center of the arena flew a single ball of energy. The crowd fell hush. Standing at the center of the arena was Alliah Autumn Ross, current Toro League Champion. On her shoulder was her trusty Pokemon, one that’s become her icon, a Victini named Vale. She smiled at the crowd, flipping her hair a bit as she let the camera men focus in on her. One could tell at the shortest of glances that she wasn’t dressed extravagantly, but rather very casual and practical, with comfortable fitting clothes. Jeans, a t-shirt, and an open jacket.

The woman had called a press conference, inviting everyone who wanted to ask her a question to arrive at the gathering, which spawned all sorts of reporters and interviewers, radio and TV personalities alike. When the crowd started to chatter once more, she held up her hand, and grabbed a microphone from nearby, picking it up, and speaking into it very clearly.

“So recently,” she began, looking around her. “So recently, I’ve been hearing news about one Henry Holiday. The ‘Man’ as he called himself. The man with his twenty million Pix home, his thirty thousand Pix shoes, with his private jet and his struggles that he went through growing up and trying to become a great trainer.”

She began pacing as she spoke, shaking her head. “I’m not going to call him a liar, because I’m sure he did work hard. I’m sure he sacrificed some for his training. I would never doubt that.” Her gaze turns directly into the active camera, and she points at it. “But don’t you dare pity him for it! He’s not the only one who sacrificed time with family and friends! The truth of it all is that ALL of those who aspire to become Pro Battlers have to go through it! His story is ONE AMONG MANY! Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he had a natural aptitude for battling! He KNEW he wanted to be the best, he knew he was GOING TO BE, and he acted like it! So he went through the gyms, and climbed his way up to becoming a Pro! Doesn’t that sound familiar?" She asked, closing her hand, and pointing her thumb at her chest. The camera cuts to a side view of her. "Everywhere I go all I hear is 'Oh that Poor Henry, he worked so hard, he deserves that title, didn't you hear his story?' WELL GUESS WHAT!” She roars loudly out, her Victini letting out a cry in unison with her!

“That’s MY story too. I’ll never pretend I had a hard life. I had a great family, and even with my family splitting up when I was little, I was cared for and supported. A silver spoon in my mouth. I never had to worry about anything except my own agenda. I could do what I wanted. And I did. I took my time, I trained, I spent sleepless nights TRAINING! MY BODY! MY MIND! MY TEAM! DRIVEN to be the VERY BEST! And I can say more confidently than most that anyone who can go through that is to be ADMIRED! Henry Holiday is NOTHING SPECIAL! If he was, he'd be standing where I am right now, wouldn't he?”

She sighed and spun the microphone a bit, looking back into the camera. “So I’d like to take this time. I’d like to take this moment to talk directly to Henry Holiday, and anyone else looking to take my spot. Come. And. Try. If you think you DESERVE to be in the position I CLAWED my way to, COME AND KNOCK ME OUT OF IT! I didn’t BUST MY REAR getting here just to be knocked down by just anyone! I only accept being beaten by the BEST! So you better bring your A-Game if you think you can best even my B-GAME. I may have adored you once, but that won’t give you immunity to the incoming SUNBURN you’re going to feel with this star goes SUPERNOVA!” She threw her hand in the air, and her Victini shot a Searing Shot HIGH into the sky, bursting it harmlessly over the crowd as little orange particles started floating down, being snuffed out harmlessly before they even reached the crowd. “Why? Because I am the BEST THIS REGION HAS TO OFFER! I always have been! And it's gonna take more than ONE LITTLE PRESS CONFERENCE TO PROVE ME WRONG! I'm making MY story. Let's see how you fit in, Henry Marshal Holiday. I'm waiting. And good luck.” She smirked at the camera, and the crowd, the latter of which re-erupted into a din of questions and praise. The feed cuts off, and Alliah exits the stadium on the back of her Volcarona.

Return to “Toro Media”