Breaking News 2

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Breaking News 2

An urgent broadcast appears on the news across Toro. It’s introduced as an announcement by the Paraspace Research Initiative.

The same young woman from the previous broadcast is addressing the camera directly- but she looks grim this time.

”Good evening Toro. This is a follow-up to my previous broadcast. If you’re watching this, something has happened to me, and I am unable to address you directly.” She smiles sadly. ”This is prerecorded, so... hello future people.” Her eyes skipt down in front of her and seem to scan a page not in the frame. ”I apologize for my absence. Our mission is too important to be derailed, so I’ve planned accordingly. The good news is, the portal system is functional, and our excursion into Paraspace can proceed.”

“It’s time to take out first step into the unknown,” she announces. “Certain Initiative members should as you hear this be receiving instructions via Delibird on operating the transit system without me. I defer supervision of this operation to them. Volunteers should report to the research facility at whatever date they indicate. You will receive equipment and instructions there. I want to warn you now that this is not an invitation for the faint of heart. For those of you who do choose to help in this way, thank you. You will be among the first explorers of an unknown world, and you will be the vanguard in an action to save our home. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and I’m sure those of many others.”

There’s a short pause. ”That’s all, really. Please forgive my flair for the theatrical,” she adds a little shakily. ”I could have sent this as a press release... but that would have been an inferior, um, memento. ...Hopefully it doesn’t matter. Good luck.”

------OOC-----

Hi everyone- as announced, the event will be on July 1st at 6:30 Eastern Time. Your characters would be informed of the related IC timing accordingly!

Return to “Toro Media”