Voryn_Dagoth's ICGM Request

C0DA
MC name: C0DA / Sotha_Sil

Voryn_Dagoth's ICGM Request

MC Username: C0DA, Sotha_Sil, Voryn_Dagoth ( This pertains to Voryn_Dagoth )
Character Name: Hien Brishen-Nguyen
How long have you been RPing with us? Since mid-August of 2014, with a HUGE hiatus from the killjoys of real life. I've been back since October of this year.

What action does your character want to take?
IN SHORT: Hien, like his grandmother Ophelia (who's ICGM was HERE) has an inherent ability to see, speak with, hear, and generally communicate with spirits and ghosts of the departed. This isn’t something that he can really control like other 'abilities', it's more of a latent ability to commune with spirits as a medium. But, as a psychic, he possesses the ability to train telepathy through serious dedication and learning. From training with his grandmother, and learning about her experiences, as well as Brooks', he has garnered a basic grasp over what to do in order to progress, but it will still be a very long road to get there.

What actions to you want the GMs to take?
There’s no real physical action to be taken in this case, though I’d break this into two parts:
1: Green-light Hien's passive ability to see spirits and ghosts. It’s explained a little better towards the bottom, and I would be more than happy to discuss it with the team at some point to be able to clear up any confusions.
2: Green-light his long-term trainable ability (Telepathy). Because Hien experiences difficulty in speaking due to selective mutism and bouts of inability to speak outright, he seeks to eventually use this as a way to bridge the gap in his communication skills. That is not to say he'll be able to achieve it overnight, or even in a single year, but it's a goal for him to work towards, and offers legitimate motivation for him to slowly start developing his talents.

How has your character (and to a lesser extent, you) prepared for this?
For the former ability, that is, being a spirit-medium... He hasn't. Like Ophelia before him, Hien has had this his whole life, and it's just a part of his reality by now. For the latter, however, his only training has been through Ophelia, and to a lesser extent, Brooks, who both helped teach him 'coping' strategies to manage and function in crowds and cities. His whole purpose for coming to Toro is for this- to gain life experience and develop his talents, admittedly in part because he hopes it will make his grandparents proud.

Why do you want your character to take these actions?
Hien is a legacy character who brings back some things that I dearly missed with Ophelia, who is now 80 years old and still paralyzed and half-blind. As such, I'd love for these two things to carry over. They're important to him as a character, and help define his nature. I believe that both of these actions can help contribute to RP, and lead to some serious developmental choices for Hien and the people he interacts with. It’s something for him to work towards over the course of years, and I seriously look forwards to seeing the different path he takes compared to his mother.

One thing he is interested in doing, in particular, is re-walking through the history of Toro through the spirits and ghosts of it's past. Maybe this could lead to small throwback events of past historical events and moments, or even just allow Hien to see the history he walks on.

Anything else pertinent to your request?
Practically copy-pasted from the last application: I'm more than well aware that the amount of ~special powers~ that are allowed in and around the Toro universe are supposed to be kept to a bare, grazing minimum. I’m very open to discussion on the limits of what Hien can and can’t do, because I prefer transparency in my characters with the staff for situations like this. I'm also aware that things for psychics have probably changed, a lot, since I last played Ophelia.

The ghosts in particular won’t ever be able to do anything around him that they couldn’t do anywhere else. They will, for the most part, follow the exact same "halloween ghost" rules. The light spookies like blowing out candles or flickering a light— The sort of thing a ghost could do anywhere, really, is all they’d be able to do. Bluntly, he doesn’t enhance their abilities, or command them, or summon them. He just sort of sees them at all times, and thinks they’re cool to hang around and talk to.

Hien's telepathic abilities... I don’t plan to actually use for a WHILE. I'd like to lengthily document his progress and learning process if this is accepted, to doubly prove the effort going into him progressing his abilities. The very last thing I want to do is overstep a boundary or cross a line, so I want to talk about anything that y'all need or want cleared up.

CHARACTER PROFILE LINK
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Re: Voryn_Dagoth's ICGM Request

Hey! As we discussed, we'll be allowing your character to see Ghost-type Pokemon (when they would otherwise be invisible) specifically. We're also accepting telepathy, the exact mechanics of which we will continue to fine-tune as Hien develops it. Your application is thus...

Have fun!

Return to “Inactive Applications”