Jigglypuff Radio in business?

TheRickCroese
MC name: TheRickCroese

Jigglypuff Radio in business?

Hello ev'rybody!

I was looking at the Jigglypuff Radio this morning, and I noticed it hasn't been in business for... I don't know how long. But I saw it was only standing there, doing nothing. I wanted to take it back into some work; making music! So, I got this brilliant idea. We could use the plug.dj server as a DJ booth for people wanting to hear some music. You can leave suggestions in the chat bar, and the DJ will turn them up for you. Why not doing it all yourself? You can just go and make music yourself? Well, yes. But I see this can be used for some RP aspects. When someone gets the position as DJ for the radio, he can also announce around the cities there is an event, accident or anything else. A DJ can also take interviews to make some interesting RP posts in the future. If the DJ interviews, for example, Kampf for what it's like for being a Gymleader. Then he can make an RP post, and it could be helpful for people who want to know what it is. Another good example is that the radio can be hacked, so that Team Noir can broadcast their messages. So, it would be useful in events.
"But Rick, that's so unpractical! How can you possibly send messages to everyone around the server, without even a radio?" I have seen in every tow, that there is a radio. A simple receiver would do too. They are easy in use and you only have to click on the button to start hearing music. Server messages could be used, or anything else.
"And Rick, radio channels are not exactly 1950's. How is that?" There are radio's already. The plan is to place them all over the map. They can be just normal jukeboxes, or the MCrayfish radio's. They were there at least.
"But the music doesn't fit the 1950's!" I know. I don't think my Savant themes would fit in. But it's partly RP, and a part just entertainment. Turning up real 1950's music would be boring.
"Who gets the role of DJ?" My own character, Felix Dynamo, is kinda a guy for it, but I don't think he will be it, because it will take too much of my IC time. So I need a neutral person, with a liking for music, and electricity. He will take command over the tower. The old reporters of Pix Co. can also be in business of the Jigglypuff Tower. Or JM, Jigglypuff Media. Bringing new life into the old newspapers would be awesome! The Toro Times were something awesome. We don't want to lose it. And overviews over the events would be pretty handy, to get all the characters up-to-date when they couldn't join (timezones etc.).
This is merely an idea, but I hope it will be executed. The tower looks amazing, but now it's as empty as the graveyard.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers, Rick~
RK9
MC name: RK9ify

Re: Jigglypuff Radio in business?

I like it. It would be a really cool idea. I would say go for it!
(y)
-RK9ify
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

Alright Rick, here are some things we, the staff, have to say about your idea.
I was looking at the Jigglypuff Radio this morning, and I noticed it hasn't been in business for... I don't know how long. But I saw it was only standing there, doing nothing. I wanted to take it back into some work; making music! So, I got this brilliant idea. We could use the plug.dj server as a DJ booth for people wanting to hear some music. You can leave suggestions in the chat bar, and the DJ will turn them up for you. Why not doing it all yourself?
Why not do it in Teamspeak? A lot of players filter through the teamspeak in a day. The plug.dj is nice but we can not monitor the rooms in any way. What if someone was cursing? Spamming chat? What if an argument occurs on this website which is related to the server? We, as staff, would not be able to help with anything that occurs outside of our paid servers or websites.
You can just go and make music yourself? Well, yes. But I see this can be used for some RP aspects. When someone gets the position as DJ for the radio, he can also announce around the cities there is an event, accident or anything else. A DJ can also take interviews to make some interesting RP posts in the future. If the DJ interviews, for example, Kampf for what it's like for being a Gymleader. Then he can make an RP post, and it could be helpful for people who want to know what it is. Another good example is that the radio can be hacked, so that Team Noir can broadcast their messages. So, it would be useful in events.
Interviews sound really interesting and would work great on the forums. The radio tower interviews would be temporary and dependent on time zones. Many people who may want to witness it would have trouble getting online for that exact time. Events/accidents are already reported through the Radio Tower using our Jimmy Johnson reporter. He's been heading and controlling the radio tower so it isn't exactly empty as a graveyard.
The plan is to place them all over the map. They can be just normal jukeboxes, or the MCrayfish radio's. They were there at least.
"But the music doesn't fit the 1950's!" I know. I don't think my Savant themes would fit in. But it's partly RP, and a part just entertainment. Turning up real 1950's music would be boring.
Would it be right to assume that everyone has their own taste in music? I understand 1950s music may seem boring to you but it is not limited to a time frame. It was the golden age for blues, jazz, rock and roll, and the beginning of pop music. As for Savant, I know nothing about.

How about composing a playlist of what songs you would play? Set up a poll to ask if people would listen to your character's radio station if this idea was implemented.
The old reporters of Pix Co. can also be in business of the Jigglypuff Tower. Or JM, Jigglypuff Media. Bringing new life into the old newspapers would be awesome! The Toro Times were something awesome. We don't want to lose it. And overviews over the events would be pretty handy, to get all the characters up-to-date when they couldn't join (timezones etc.).
That's not your choice unfortunately. The Toro Times was discontinued because I was too busy with school to complete it. Pix Co has also since downsized and the Toro Times is no more.

And again, this doesn't require command over the radio for it. You can write your own newspaper articles on the forums and post event overviews for all to see. It would probably give you more traffic than to do it in-game.

The radio tower is also only used by staff for events. It has been in Aurelia ever since the beginning of the server and it is also run by Jimmy Johnson, an event based character. We can not give it to you and the plug.dj can not be endoursed by by the Toro Staff. You can still invite people to come listen to your music but it will not be an official part of the server.
TheRickCroese
MC name: TheRickCroese

Xaneeva wrote:Why not do it in Teamspeak? A lot of players filter through the teamspeak in a day. The plug.dj is nice but we can not monitor the rooms in any way. What if someone was cursing? Spamming chat? What if an argument occurs on this website which is related to the server? We, as staff, would not be able to help with anything that occurs outside of our paid servers or websites.
Not using the chat function, and replacing it with Teamspeak would be good. Plug.dj is still in beta, and thus there is more coming with kicking people. Now, if we use chat from Teamspeak, it could still be filtered from the staff. So good point.
Xaneeva wrote:Interviews sound really interesting and would work great on the forums. The radio tower interviews would be temporary and dependent on time zones. Many people who may want to witness it would have trouble getting online for that exact time. Events/accidents are already reported through the Radio Tower using our Jimmy Johnson reporter. He's been heading and controlling the radio tower so it isn't exactly empty as a graveyard.
Yes. Using the tower for interviews might stumble upon some problems, and people might not witness it because of this. The idea was to make a small summary on the forums for everyone to read, for a bit more information. I have actually never heard about Jimmy Johnson. Is he a fictional character? Because I can't see anything on the forums about him... If someone would take over his place, it could still be a business. Or a bit of help, an entire tower doesn't run itself, does it?
Xaneeva wrote:Would it be right to assume that everyone has their own taste in music? I understand 1950s music may seem boring to you but it is not limited to a time frame. It was the golden age for blues, jazz, rock and roll, and the beginning of pop music. As for Savant, I know nothing about.

How about composing a playlist of what songs you would play? Set up a poll to ask if people would listen to your character's radio station if this idea was implemented.
Good idea. A poll would be something to organize what music to turn up. And I'm known for my electronic music, and Savant is one of the artists I turn up. But if there's no time limit, I would still do something with it.
Xaneeva wrote:That's not your choice unfortunately. The Toro Times was discontinued because I was too busy with school to complete it. Pix Co has also since downsized and the Toro Times is no more.

And again, this doesn't require command over the radio for it. You can write your own newspaper articles on the forums and post event overviews for all to see. It would probably give you more traffic than to do it in-game.
I see! I'm a graphic artist (Okay, amateur), and I wanted to see if the newspaper could be available again. Because people really seemed to enjoy it, and so did I. A big notice what's going on with the community would be great. IC updates are really needed.
Xaneeva wrote:The radio tower is also only used by staff for events. It has been in Aurelia ever since the beginning of the server and it is also run by Jimmy Johnson, an event based character. We can not give it to you and the plug.dj can not be endorsed by by the Toro Staff. You can still invite people to come listen to your music but it will not be an official part of the server.
It could have a second meaning, but if it's a staff only area, so be it. I will be working on something to make the plug.dj a bit more popular.

Anyways, thanks for the response, Heart~

Return to “Idea Archives”