chirpdotbat
MC name: chirp_bat

Beck Roth Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: chirp_bat
Discord Username: chirp.bat
Pronouns: She/Her
Where did you hear about us: My friend, [generic input 01]
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a trans woman in Canada. I really dig the seventies and science fiction, and I let that love influence my art, be it literary or visual. On that, I’d consider myself a creative being.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is meta-gaming?: Using outside knowledge to inform your character’s actions.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?: G-dmodding can involve dictating another party’s actions. ‘[Second person] feels’, ‘[Second person] hears’, et cetera. Actions immediately succeeding is an even worse offense, though, in my opinion. Powergaming, in my experience, mainly involves heavily minmaxxing character stats, especially in a roleplay-focused environment.
What is retroactive continuity? In Star Trek, the appearance of the Trill race was heavily retconned from TNG to DS9, and a Trill was put in retroactively to the TOS era in the episode ‘Trials and Tribble-ations’. ‘Trials and Tribble-ations’ is the bane of many a Trekkie.
What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : Character bleed is when you get so emotionally invested in a story that it starts to affect you OOC. Your character should act differently than you, yourself.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Plenty!

-General Character Questions-
[There is a 80+ word minimum for the appearance, 150+ word minimum for biography, and 150+ word minimum for personality. But feel free to do more! Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro, you must include your character's home town.]
Full name: Rebecca “Beck” Roth (Formerly Rebecca Roth-Watson)
Appearance: Beck has messy-ish blonde hair was clearly done very nicely quite a while ago, and has since been maintained as well as possible: Eyebrow-length bangs and a slight curl upwards at the bottom. Incredibly easy to maintain, yet still high-fashion. It’s slightly messy at this point, but in the way that a woman’s hair becomes messy in the third month of having the same perm (Chemically straightened, mind). Her roots have been quickly touched up at home a few times, a perfect match not once being achieved. Beck has the famous Kennedy eyes - Inset and downturned. They’re the same as her father’s, a very deep blue-green. Spaced a bit wide between them, a rounder nose that’s still narrow, and ends a little lower than average. One of the few things she inherited from her mother. Her chin is round, too, but defined, and her cheekbones are pleasantly high. She accentuates her cheekbones with a bit of blush. She has smooth, unblemished skin from years of careful maintenance. Quite pale, and cool toned - Any pink bits are made up with blush. Not ice queen levels of pale, but she's more of a Swiss Alps summerer than a Bahamas summerer. Regarding her clothing, she's at once a trendsetter and a decade behind, most of her still luxurious clothing carefully selected from consignment and limited classic pieces she could take from her closet in Castelia City, back when it was indeed her closet. A trendsetter because of the way in which she wears them; She often opts for a coloured turtleneck and a patterned wool pencil skirt that matches more often than not. On her legs, a pair of sporty high socks and Mary Janes. Ofttimes, she puts a matching blazer on, but she is just as often without it.

Personality: Despite a veneer of bland, professional kindness, even the slightest prodding will reveal that Beck is quite stuck up. This is despite her current position. It isn’t as if she became this way overnight, though; She was raised in a high-class home, where her father’s biggest worry was scandal, and her mother’s was stealing her father’s money. She was quite literally above others until recently, the small family unit living in a series of penthouse condos in Castelia City. Despite her upbringing, she is loyal to a fault; If a good friend were to hit a rough patch, she would do whatever she could to help. This is why her mother’s betrayal came as such a shock to her core: This woman who, to the point that her father died, had seemed to truly love her, became cold and impersonal. The theft of the portion of the family fortune that was meant to rightfully be hers was just salt in the wound. To regain her place in society, she’s become much more proactive - Replacing her passive-aggressive undertone, an unerring professional aggression. This eventually became a bit of regular aggression. She is wont to break cigarette holders, pens, pencils, peoples’ thumbs, as long as she’s both properly enraged and holding it at the time. Still, she does it with a smile.

Biography: Rebecca Roth-Watson was born to Cassandra Watson and Robert Roth in Castelia City, and she was quite the blessing for the couple, considering their past issues. She grew up rich, but she did not grow up free; Her entire young life was planned in such a manner that she would become Robert’s perfect heir. Her look was planned, her media appearances were planned, and her future was planned: Part owner and CEO of Roth-Maxwell.
She was enrolled into boarding school in the fourth grade, and at her going-away party, she received a gift from her parents: A shiny Gothita, procured from an elite pokemon breeder. It cost a small fortune, but her father said that it could both fill the role of a loyal assistant, just as his Honchkrow did for him, and act as a sort of irrevocable status symbol. At her age, Beck just liked that she was purple. She called the Gothita ‘Rita’, for no other reason than it sounded fun and nonthreatening. The nickname stuck, though. She spent much of her time in boarding school, especially in her later years, schmoozing with the children of other important people. She got into a prestigious university as a legacy and graduated almost dead in the middle of her class. Most of her useful business expertise came from her father’s practical experience, so she just left with a degree and an expansive array of professional contacts. After graduation, she went straight to work for her father’s company - He had her “work her way up”, but it was made clear that that was only so that she could get a better feel of the full corporate structure. She was never below middle management. In her fifth year, she got a good taste of being higher up in the company, and she began making some fairly good decisions for the company. On her thirtieth birthday, her father was diagnosed with lung cancer. She supported him for two years, and so did her mother. When the inevitable happened, it was quite a shock for Beck to hear that her mother got together with her father’s former business partner and wiggled through a loophole in his will to steal her part ownership in the company. She couldn’t stand to keep living in the city that she felt did nothing but hurt her, and decided to rebuild somewhere with a large, unconquered market for regional designers: Toro.
Flaws: Stuck up, aggressive, and thinks she’s better than everyone.
Ambitions: To get back at her mother and rebuild her fortune.
Starter Pokemon: A shiny female Gothita, nicknamed Rita, that she got before going to boarding school. (Psy beam, flatter, psych up, and mean look)
Skin: Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[There is a 150+ word minimum for two of the scenarios, you can choose which. You only need to do 2 out of 3. Responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Beck sucks her teeth, then waves over her Gothita. “Alright, little lady. I’ll help you get your pokemon out of the… Tree, yeah.” She pats the kid’s head, then hands a camera to the Gothita. She poses for several photos climbing the tree, but she falls on account of her impractical clothing. “Uff… Hokay, that’s, uh… Getting my hands dirty. That’s endearing to the people. Makes me seem human. That’s the whole point of this, Beck.” It seems like she’s trying to psych herself up. She picks herself up, kicks off her heels, and climbs the tree again, making sure to get plenty of pictures taken of her. After about fifteen minutes, she gets the Meowth down from the tree. Unfortunately, it attacks her midway down, both because she keeps stopping to pose for photos, and because she just has utterly abysmal energy. She drops the cat about one and a half meters. “Damn meow-thing… I swear… Cut me right on my…” She mutters to herself while climbing down. She sighs. “Kid, you’re lucky that I was wearing my RL skirt today because it’s just absolutely ruined. Alright…” She puts on a smile and kneels down next to the kid. She grabs the reluctant cat pokemon by the scruff of its neck and hands it to the girl, posing for more photos. She then gives the kid a firm, yet awkward handshake, and walks off giving a thumbs up.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

As soon as Beck sees the rat, her Castelian instincts kick in - Quite literally. At the speed of disgust (A few metres per second slower than the speed of sound, for your information), her stiff creme Prada square-toe block-heeled shoe slams into the side of the purple rat pokemon. It (The Rattata) goes flying a small distance, and Beck shouts to her companion Gothita, “Rita, psy-beam! Psy-beam! Psy-beam, and…” She looks at her seemingly clean shoe. “Eugh, rat shoe… A towel, please.” She shakes off imaginary rat gunk and gets into a semi-proper battle stance. “G-ddamn rat!”

After a very short battle, a dirty Rita, and a decimated rat pokemon, Beck is handed a scrap of fine fabric and a spray bottle by her companion. She begins to clean up her Gothita and her shoes, then addresses the boy. “Get a dog, kid! Nobody sane kicks dogs. Everybody sane kicks rats. That’s the point of practical shoes. Just a moment…” Beck fishes through her wallet and pulls out a bit of money. “Get yourself an icecremie. And a pokeball. And, uhh… Don’t tell your parents.”
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Beck Roth Application

Welcome! Thank you for the patience!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Note: This player informed us that she is over the age limit in Discord! She simply does not wish to share their age in public for privacy reasons.

Return to “Accepted Applications”