Skol's really big ICGM

Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Skol's really big ICGM

MC Username: Skolarr
Character Name: Susan Genovese
How long have you been RPing with us? 5 or 6 months

What action does your character want to take? Alright, I know this is a really big request but...just hear me out, alright? Susan would like to found the Grand Library of Toro. What she has in mind is basically a large library that hosts a copy of every book in Toro. People can come check them out, or simply sit around and read. The Library itself will also house and archive, where basically its a storage place that contains the orginal copy of each book, so I can just copy/paste the info into new books should I need to create more copies to toss into circulation.

What actions to you want the GMs to take?

After doing some thinking, I realized that this is an idea that I can't do on my own...so I'm simply asking that you all throw me a bone here (or several dozen I guess?) and help me out with this large undertaking. I was thinking that maybe it could be a public works project or something.

How has your character (and to a lesser extent, you) prepared for this?

Susan currently works in the Cobalt Museum as the Curator. During her years of working, she's realized that there is a lot of books out in toro, and she would like like to create a library of sorts to house all info Toro has to offer. She's also been saving up a decent amount of money to possibly put towards construction if needed as well as trying to obtain new books.

Why do you want your character to take these actions?

I think having a central spot where (most) of the common-knowledge server lore is ICly aviable would be very benefical to the server. Not to mention I was considering the idea of possibly letting players sell me stuff they wrote themselves so I can add to the collection and get a bigger variety of book, as well as provide another place on the server to employ players, too!

From the time I've spent rping on Toro, I've noticed that books on toro really don't have much of an impact on rp which...as an avid reader irl, makes me a bit sad. I would like to change that by building a central spot of knowledge so that players can come ICly and learn some things about toro, or perhaps just read some fictional stories or something? Either way, I would like to see books become more prevelent in RP, and I think this is a good route of doing it.

This library would also allow players to write their own book, and submit them to the library so that they can go into general ciculation. Depending on what kind of book it is, I would be willing to pay them for submitting books and contributing to the Libray's growth. I beleive that this will encourage players to write about things they've done or witnessed (such as details about events) so that they will stay reccorded forever in Toro's history and just not be forgotten.

Finally, seeing as how this will be a rather large library, I can see this being another employment option for new players who don't feel like selling their souls to Pix.Co. The library can hire them as librarians, assistants, or just people to tidy up the place and reshelve books. Not to mention that they'll have easy access to server lore so that they can learn more about Toro ICly as they work, I suppose.

Anything else pertinent to your request?

Please note that this is an idea that I had at like, 2am.

Also, as always, if you have questions, comments, concerns, or just feel like making awkward small talk or something, feel free to hit me up on skype! I'd be happy to awnser any questions you may have. Like I said above, I know this is a rather large thing, but...I thought an ICGM would be the best way to propose this to the GM team.

It'd also be helpful to link to your character's Character Profile if you have one.
Schwing!
http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... =76&t=2268
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Inactive Applications”