MC name: NatashaStone

Valerie's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: NatashaStone
Discord Username: natsara
Pronouns (optional): She/They
Where did you hear about us: planetminecraft
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a big RP Fan, had a huge hyperfocus on pokemon during my teenage years.
I don't have a lot to say about myself, i'm a big gay and love everything really. I can also list cool facts of brazilian lore.
-Roleplay Questions-
What is meta-gaming?:
Metagaming is using information obtained out of character while in character, such as reading about a conflict on discord OOC channels and having your character go to the conflict's location to solve it without having any means to obtain this information IC.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?:
any ways of exploiting roleplay to your advantage without giving others time to react or roleplay their way out of the situation, things like *Their pokemon uses sleep powder on John Doe's face, which causes John to instantly sleep* and actions that takes the other person's opportunity to contest/react

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
Retconning is changing a piece of IC lore or development retroactively and acting like the new version of lore was always the canon. Like voiding a decisive battle for the character's development and not have the character to develop since the battle never happened.

What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? :
Character bleed is when the character's emotions bleed to the player, making the player feel the same as the character, it is very common on the RP community.
Character bleed is better dealt with clear OOC communication to reassure that the character feelings is just RP related, and taking breaks to remind yourself that IC happenings doesn't affect real life.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?:
I have previous experiences on GTARP, RDRRP and MCRP, MCRP being recent, i've played on nations and DND roleplay servers before.

-General Character Questions-

Full name: Valerie Lacroix

Appearance:
Valerie is good looking in their own terms. She is about 180cm tall with a very pale and clear skin. Her eyes are teal and hardly ever shows any sign of proper expressions. Her hair is also teal, slightly wavy and long, reaching the middle of her back, her hair is usually very messy and full of knots.
She shows a lot of feminine presenting features: Long green painted nails, some light body hair and a skinny, delicate body. She presents herself in very simple, self-made hemp clothing and is usually walking around bare footed.
She don't look a year past her 20's and there are no signs of hard physical labor showing on her body. Despite looking a little messy and uncared for, it still does look very young and healthy.
There are no apparent tattoos on her skin, no signs of aging and no apparent scaring or freckles.

Personality:
Valerie is driven by her emotions, whether good or bad, they are always intense. She is a big lover, a great and loyal friend and a great person to be around.
She has no issues on setting her boundaries and asking for respect, and will react badly if disrespected. Disrespecting her or her loved ones is an easy way of making things go south and getting into a fight.
Despite not being great at social conventions or reading people, she is very pleasing to others and always act friendly at first.
She easily bonds with people, and will care and protect those that she shares a bond with.
Although pleasant and friendly, she is a little cheater, valuing victory and success above morals and social norms, sometimes even the law is not enough to stop her from her plans. She won't cheat on her friends and stops when being cruel to others.

Biography:
Valerie is native to Kalos, living on the countryside for most of her childhood. Her curiosity and interest for general ecology grew naturally as she was constantly sorrounded by wildlife and plants. She grew up a big fan of plant and fairy type pokemons, having a great interest on studying them.
Guided by curiosity, she left her home on her 18th birthday with nothing on her name to travel the world researching different types of flora and fauna.
By the age 26 she had visited different points of interest in different regions, never entirely exploring a single region, simply researching points of interest and travelling to the next region.
She became a natural wilderness wanderer in no time, being used to live outside of big cities and without company besides pokemon, only visiting cities to do part-time jobs and buy supplies to her camp, adopting a nomadic lifestyle. but that doesn't mean she has no interest on urban areas. Her research led her to believe there are great ways of integrating nature on city spaces to improve everyone's lives.
Toro became a place of special interest for her, a whole new region unknown to her, where people from different regions gather and full of new opportunities to research. Maybe she could finally settle somewhere and use her time to improve people's lives with nature. She then got the cheapest boat ticket to the region and started her new adventure.

Flaws:
Valerie has a bad time reading people, is hot-headed and can easily misread other's tone, interpreting anything as a disrespect. She also has a bad time communicating and properly verbalizing her feelings.

Ambitions:
She wants to succeed on her research and always obtain new knowledge, helping cities to further develop a strong symbiotic bond with nature.

Starter Pokemon: Female Eevee

Skin:

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

*Valerie looks at the little girl, then at the meowth. She tries to show some concern on her tone, still remaining calm* "It's okay, let's try to remain calm and solve this issue, alright? Tell me about your meowth, how did they got there and if they are friendly, we wouldn't want to scare the poor guy, right?" *She analyzes the tree, planning a way of climbing it to reach the stuck pokemon, she carefully seeks any strong branch she could use as a resting spot.* "I guess i could reach them safely." *Valerie then looks at the girl, stretching and trying to offer her a friendly smile* "Try remaining calm, your meowth is safe and we got a solution for this issue, alright? Everything is alright and there is no need for tears"
*She then proceeds on trying to climb the tree, not really caring about the girl's responses to her original questions.*

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
*Valerie narrows her eyes, a little almost feral growl escapes her mouth, she don't look very pleased* "Excuse-me? Can i help you?" *She then examines the trainer, still not reaching for her pokeballs. She crosses her arms and spits on the ground* "What is your problem? What makes you think i'd fight you out of nowhere? Just leave me alone."
*She sighs, looking at the Rattatta, and talking with the pokemon instead of the trainer* "Your friend here is a nerd, you know? I'm sorry you have to deal with this weirdo making you fight randomly" *She looks back at the trainer, expecting for any kind of apologies, she certainly took this as an offense and expects a proper apology... But, seeing this is not worth her time she shrugs after a brief sigh and turn her back to walk away, leaving the trainer to their own thoughts, not saying anything else.*
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Valerie's Application

Welcome! Thank you for the patience!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”