OneCrusadingFish's Character Application

OneCrusadingFish
MC name: OneCrusadingFish

OneCrusadingFish's Character Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: OneCrusadingFish
Discord Username: OneCrusadingFish
Pronouns (optional): He/Him
Where did you hear about us: My friend Cammy Cakes on discord.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am sociable and willing to give anything a go, I enjoy dnd, lotr, pokemon, star wars, Warhammer (Fantasy and 40K) and well anything that got a big amount of world building/world lore in. I’ve been RPing on and off for about 7-8 years now, originally starting on roblox before I even knew what RP meant before moving to discord and more recently minecraft.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words & You are free to delete anything of the things in ()s ]

What is meta-gaming?: This is the use of knowledge you have heard/gained OOC when IC, often it is information about another player or location where your character suddenly knows all about it and/or just happens to turn up at said location or character's location without formal invitation. Happens a fair bit in DnD where some players will look through other character sheets to find out stuff they shouldn’t know until told.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Power-gaming/god-modding also known as PP (Power Play) is when somebody's character is “so strong” that they’re able to dodge bullets, win a swordfight with just their pinky or avoid damage altogether because suddenly they’ve gained an immunity to everything under the sun. Sometimes it can be done maliciously as well, using an example that I’ve seen myself, before this person got banned from a discord RP server, they had a character who was able to manipulate the mind of someone as well as instantly capture anyone they wanted even after being told “this person fights back and cuts off the mind control”. Normally people who do this type of stuff are scared, immature and don’t like it when they’re losing often ending in them getting banned or getting into a toxic rant.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Simple, stating that an event or something that was very clearly said and/or logged often in front multiple people never happened and then refusing to explain why it never happened apart from something like “that was just old news” or “oh no I was still experimenting with my character, that never happened”. People sometimes do this to try and become friends with people who they have hurt due to their actions because they cannot be bothered to put in the effort to rebuild it. Retconning is frustrating as it leads to entire events never happening and it gets confusing as it normally affects multiple people. For an example of event retconning, look at Games Workshop and the entirety of the Eldar lore as well as the End Times in WH: Fantasy.

What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : This is where the thoughts, emotions, physical state, etc etc “bleed over” from the player themselves into a character. Now, whilst taking aspects of yourself and letting them “bleed” into your character is good as it allows you to develop said character better and relate to them a little bit more, too much to the point of where the character has just become a self insert of you is detrimental especially if you let the more unlikable parts of you bleed into the character. It can also cause issues with stuff that has happened OOC then suddenly becomes an issue IC. This can be prevented by taking breaks or discussing how it could be fixed OOCly as well as rereading what you’ve typed or done and saying “would this be what I do?”. In a Forbidden Lands TTRPG game that I did, I played a dwarf called Rathenar and whenever a situation arose I’d say to myself “be me or be dwarf?” when making a decision.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Several, I should say first that I never touched the School RP side of the RP community as a whole; but I have been on several LOTR related RP servers (Realms of the Ring, The Official LOTR Minecraft Server) and more recently RPDND which is an RP and DND minecraft server same as Cammy. A lot of the discord ones I was in I’ve forgotten the names of.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a 80+ word minimum for the appearance, 150+ word minimum for biography, and 150+ word minimum for personality. But feel free to do more! Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro, you must include your character's home town.]

Full name: Audun Ad’Thar

Appearance: Standing at 5 '7 in height, Audun is fashioned in the defenders gear that they left Alkir in. Whilst more ceremonial then practical this gear consists of a black balaclava with threaded golden patterns on it that look like upside down sand-dunes and which only goes over to cover their mouth as well as a decorated beige, gold and red hooded poncho that can either cover their entire body to stay warm at night or can be flipped into a hooded cape to keep cool under the hot sun of Alkir. Beneath the poncho they sport a longish burgundy/maroon decorated crop top and a pair of burgundy/maroon knee length shorts. On their feet they wear a pair of sandals designed to allow for quick movement across shifting sand. Skin wise they are a dark tan in color with short charcoal black hair and dusty hazel colored eyes and beneath their eyes a thick black mascara. Build wise they are slim fit with some tonnage on the stomach calves and biceps.

Personality: Mostly calm and collected, often people watching; but is willing to offer information and give conversation when spoken to or approach first. They’re observant and subtle in their movement and motion, tending to give responses to requests and commands with little nods or head shakes and subtle smiles or scoffs when amused about something. Whilst they are soft spoken they are also quite curious and are willing to give insight in return for someone else's. They appear monotone and secluded when meeting new people, keeping a formal stance; but begin to open up a little to people they trust more. However they never let down their quiet and secluded appearance, leading to a level of mystery about them. Once they have formed a bond with someone, even if the person doesn’t realize, they will become protective of them, often willing to stand as a silent bastion for them, much as their Golett does for them even if it results in them losing or getting hurt in the process. They are proud of who they are and still are accepting of most of their traditional values; but understand the need for progression so are receptive to hear everyone’s point of view on something during a debate.

Biography: Stemming from the region of Alkir, Audun was born in Tak’Rah to a family of generational ruin/temple defenders who guarded several ruins south of the town along the river, when they became able to become a defender themselves they were given their starter, a Golett and took up post at the ruins. Day by day, month by month, they would find themselves explaining the history and value of the ruins to visitors and tourists who asked as well as battling off any who wished to deface this area of history. However, they would watch these people from other regions growing more curious about who they were and how different their customs were, beginning to doubt why their own customs were so restrictive. After a sleepless night of thinking, they went to the grandfather and Captain of the defenders and requested to leave to explore the world. This took their grandfather by surprise and after many a debate and argument over it, Audun was allowed to leave; but not without being told that if they wanted to return, they would need to bring and show something as proof of this great adventure they wanted to do otherwise return in shame and be outcasted from the family.

Flaws: Normally they are calm; but whenever an insult is made about Alkir they become defensive and can become fairly aggressive. The same sort of reaction happens when they bear witness to destruction or unlawful dismantling of relics, ruins and places of historical and traditional values. Due to their quiet and curious nature, they can sometimes come across as if they’re interrogating someone or stalking them without realizing even if they have no ill intent at heart.

Ambitions: To learn about other cultures of the multiple regions as well as potentially become strong enough to show off the pride and power of pixelmon bound to tombs and ruins (ground types) either through becoming a great trainer, gym leader or guardian of ruins within the Toro Region.

Starter Pokemon: Level 5 Golett with Ability: Iron Fists, Size: Large, Nature: Adamant
Skin:
First link front, second link back

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[There is a 150+ word minimum for two of the scenarios, you can choose which. You only need to do 2 out of 3. Responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Response to the first scenario: Keeping their head low and hood up, attempting to draw no attention to themselves, Audun would be surprised by the sudden appearance of the crying child. Pausing to listen to the query, they would soon remove their hood from atop their head and would bring their face mask down around their neck, revealing their face as they gave a monotone expression. Once pointed towards the tree their eyes would narrow a little as they stood up focused purely on the Meowth whilst patting the top of the little girl's head reassuringly. Removing a pokeball from their belt, they released Golett and pointed at the tree. Both trainer and pokemon now standing beneath the Meowth, Audun would think to themself…”Golett would be too heavy to climb the branch and I do not wish to frighten the Meowth by going up there…”...suddenly Audun would snap out of their thoughts and snapped their fingers. Removing their poncho they would hand the hood to Golett before stretching the rest out as far as possible. “Jump, Meowth! We will catch you!” Audun would call out, hoping the Meowth would do so…[fade to black as I don’t want to assume that this plan works]...after managing to get the Meowth back, Audun would pass the Meowth to the little girl and before she could say her thanks they would have given a small wave whilst putting their poncho back on, continuing their journey whilst holding Golett’s hand who was now walking by Audun’s side.

Response to the third scenario: Audun stands there silently, hood up and face mask covering their expressionless face before they close their eyes and give a gentle nod to the channel. “A ratata, not something we see much where I am from. Let me show you my choice of pixelmon.” and with a smirk hidden behind the face mask they’d take out Golett’s pokeball and hold it in front of them, pressing the button to release Golett. “This is Golett, a pixelmon descended and created by those long gone, yet whilst they are gone, their places left in ruin, pixelmon like Golett help to preserve them and whilst Golett cannot do the task alone, I am here to help them. Now…” Audun would say in a calm voice as a slight gust of wind blew the poncho cape behind them, soon after putting the ball back on their pokeball belt they’d turn back to the trainer, a golden twinkle in their own eyes which now appeared wide and gleeful “...let us make this a moment to preserve in each others history books! Golett! Mud Slap, my friend!” [fade to black until after the battle] After battle, Golett would stand tall even if a little dusty and battered as Audun calmly approached the trainer and said nothing; but shook his hand before continuing on down the road and returning Golett to their pokeball.
Last edited by OneCrusadingFish on Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZIF
MC name: ZIFFromGeico

Re: OneCrusadingFish's Character Application

Congratulations on getting whitelisted! Enjoy this picture of a cat as your reward!

The IP for the server is server.toro-league.com:7777

Return to “Accepted Applications”