An Interview with The Prophet

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

An Interview with The Prophet

It appears that the rumors were true - an exclusive interview with The Prophet (the spiritual leader of the Order of 1000 Arms) had come out, gained by Castelia Region News. The location of the interview was kept private as part of the terms in order to secure it. Tara Lambert, head reporter of CRN was able to secure it.

Tara: “... and we are live here with the man himself - The Prophet. I’m truly thankful for your time here tonight, given your… plans, from what we have heard.”

The Prophet was sitting across from Tara, his mask off revealing his worn face, aging blond hair - and those fear-inducing, draconic eyes (although the strange effect of his presence doesn’t carry through the television’s screen). Despite his unnatural appearance, he smiled warmly, hands clasped onto his lap as he gave a small nod of recognition.

Prophet: “Indeed we have been - all of us are preparing for The Day of Convergence. So much to do, so little time… the various dimensions are quite close to coming together, after all. Close to the end of the season by my estimate.”

Tara: “I see. Then I’ll not waste time and ask the big question on everyone’s minds - you plan to bind these “Elder Dragons” as you call them. Pokemon that are believed to have created the universe itself by millions alongside Arceus. What do you intend to do with them?”

The Prophet seems to contemplate for a moment, looking up towards the ceiling. He lets out a small laugh and smiles as he glances down - towering over the woman even while sitting.

Prophet: “Well, it’s not solely my decision, is it? I did not build our religion up on my lonesome, nor did I do all the preparations. It was a… collaborative effort. And I do believe the matter of what to do with the Elder Dragons upon their binding should be so as well.”

Tara: “So you’re saying your organization as a whole will be the sole deciders of the fates of all of us across the globe?”

Prophet: “Come now, Ms. Lambert, don’t sound so hesitant. These Pokemon are quite dangerous, yes, but not as grand as they’ve made themselves out to be. They are powerless against the Red Chain, a grand weapon forged from the soul of the planet itself.”

Tara: “These ‘Red Chains’ you speak of - information has come out that you’ve made them from cruel, experimental methods placed upon Sinnoh’s Lake Trio. That with this ‘weapon’, you’ve gained unnatural abilities no human should have. Do you deny these allegations?”

The man picks up a teacup and sips it, taking a moment to ponder over the taste and smell before continuing on.

Prophet: “If I let myself be subject to every rumor or allegation that came out about me, then I’d be quite distracted from the more important matters. If you truly believe something, then the human mind will not waiver. It’s a lesson I’ve learned. But - the methods employed to gain these weapons I would not call cruel myself, no. And the only abilities I would say I had were those of public speaking, and music.”

Tara: “Interesting. To return back to an earlier question, do you believe that the Order should be the sole deciders of the fates of these Pokemon you wish to control?”

Prophet: “Certainly not. I hope by showing the world that these Pokemon can be controlled, we can be united under a new era of humanity. One without the fear of the false divine who may choose to take away our livelihoods. I would hope to get an audience with the United Regions, really.”

Tara: “Despite you being listed as a high-priority wanted criminal by several regions, as well as International Police?”

Prophet: “It is unfortunate, but - people do fear what they do not understand. I cannot blame them. I only hope that in binding them, we can drop these… pretenses and come together. The members of the United Regions are to represent the people of the world, are they not? If the fate of the Elder Dragons was solely left to me or those who follow me… what better am I than the tyrants they are?”

Tara seems… shocked for a moment. She quickly regains her composure, nodding slowly.

Tara: “Those aren’t words many would expect to hear from you. One might say you were trying to rule the world, or even become a god yourself.”

As those words come out, the friendly visage the Prophet gave would turn to one of disgust. His hand grips the cup as his lip curls, though his eyes divert away from the reporter as he burns his furious stare at something in the distance that only he can see.

Prophet: “... to become a god is to lose one's humanity, in this world of Pokemon. And I cannot imagine a worse fate to put upon a human soul. Though I suppose that is why Sinnoh created us all to be equal, and not divine like themselves.”

Tara: “... pardon? What about the region?”

Prophet: “Ah - forgive the confusion. I refer to Arceus of course. It’s an… older term from my homeland of Sinnoh, only really used for the most devout of followers. Though it’s become butchered and warped by those who refer to the Elder Dragons the same way, I fear.”

Tara: “So you come from Sinnoh? To be a bit personal - people don’t know much about you. Your name, your origins - you simply showed up one day, and began to preach. Yet you managed to gain the trust and respect from so many, I have to wonder - who is The Prophet?”

The Prophet seems to relax some despite the personal questions, setting down his cup as he slightly waved it off.

Prophet: “There isn’t much to tell about me, truly. I simply… saw the truth, as it were, and felt it prudent to spread that message to others. I don’t wish for my name to become important, or for me to be viewed as an almighty figure. The truth is, my dear - I’m just an old man who wishes to save humanity.”

Tara: “And then what comes for you? Surely you have other plans after these Pokemon are supposedly under your control?”

Prophet: “As I mentioned, that would be a collaborative effort. Once I feel confident enough that we can move forward together without living life in fear… I wish to see to the end of that life as such. Perhaps on a farm. It was my original intent before I followed the path of religion, after all. Or perhaps… music. I am fond of the piano, and the flute.”

Tara: “A musician farmer, who wishes to live his life alone. It sounds almost like a dream, really. Despite the many people you have led and surrounded yourself with - you don’t wish to share that with anyone?”

Prophet: “I believe not. I was briefly reminded of a lost love at one point, but ah… the work comes first. And after, I simply wish to move on. Under the Priestess, the leadership of the group will be solidified without my presence for me to… how would I put it? Close a chapter of my life?”

Tara: “Then I suppose that leaves me to my final question. Despite everything you’re doing, everything you’ve done and plan to do… do you regret any of it? Do you ever fear a crisis of faith? That the path you’re going down is the wrong one?”

This question causes the Prophet to stop, and stay silent for a much longer time period than before. Tara stays quiet, staring intensely as he stares down in deep thought. His brows furrow, lips pursed, and he speaks with an iron-strong cold intensity.

Prophet: “... No. I never have, and my resolve shall not waiver now. This must happen.”

Tara: “... I see. Then I’ll thank you for allowing us to have this interview. I’m sure many have gained some insight to what you’re planning, and why you are.”

Prophet: “I would hope so. As I said, we as a species fear what we do not understand. I simply ask to open your heart and mind, and to work together. Human and Pokemon, hand in hand.”

Return to “Toro Media”