For the Duration

Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

For the Duration

While most of Toro's population is singing holiday songs and sharing cocoa after snowball fights, Stanley sits in his radio station-turned-shelter in Carmine. The windows of the station are all boarded up from the inside, and heavy blankets hang over both the windows and the doors. He sips some coffee quietly, half-dressed in thick snow-pants, boots and an unbuttoned coat. Sighing slightly, he picks up a ski mask off the recording room desk, puts it on and steps out into the lobby.

A duo of what seem to be Alakazams, or just tiny humans, wearing similar winter gear present a box full of pixelballs for him. Stanley takes them, and heads out through the hanging blankets and the door, stepping out into the frozen apocalypse outside.

Going slowly door to door, Stanley checks for anyone crazy enough to have stayed in Carmine.
Macecurb

Re: For the Duration

Thankful to find nobody, Stanley goes down into the Sword Base to retrieve some of Durandal's pixelmon. Kitting out a large set of Kadabras and Machamps with winter outfits of varying sizes, he sets them to work clearing snow off roofs and streets, and piling up sandbags around every building in Carmine.

Metagross carrying what can only be described as large buckets transport the collected snow off to the west, dumping it just off the shoreline.

The process is slow, with both Stanley and the Machamps being constantly protected by a rotating set of protects cast by the Kadabras. For all the snow that is removed, yet more continues to fall.
Last edited by Macecurb on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macecurb

At the end of the ordeal, a set of handwritten notes, assembled in a barely-legible chicken scratch, are burnt to a crisp.

"Day 6.

Huginn tells me I should be writing down my thoughts, keep myself going crazy. Like a diary or something, I guess. I think that's kind of a bad idea, security risk if someone ever sees them. Then again, here I am.

Today's events... Snow. Lots of it. I should install some heating cables come spring. Talk to the premier's office about a storm sewer of some sort. If I can avoid doing this next year, I will.

It's cold in here. I've got a couple of little space heaters that I pulled out of storage. Got them set up around the radio station. That, plus the central heating is making this place almost bearable. Almost.

Tomorrow I think I'll head out to Ferrite. Check for anyone stupid enough to stay out here. Cobalt after that. Knowing Benji, Viridis is probably fine."
Macecurb

The glistening city of white and grey stood resilient under the snow and hail being thrown about from on high by Articuno. Buildings blended into streets and from there into the sky itself. A tired ghost emerged from the tunnel to Carmine, silent beneath the translucent sphere cast by his pixelmon companions, a welcome respite from the whipping winds and deadly hail.

The man proceeded down the streets, trudging through a knee-deep layer of primordial snowman soup. Striking upon door after door, counting his blessings with each empty door he finds.

Hours pass of this slow, crawling canvassing. Not a soul to be found, but only half of the city of steel has been checked. He returns to his makeshift home in the neighbouring city, resolving to return the next day.

None are found on either day, a fact for which Stanley is thankful.
--------------------------------------------------------------
“Day 8,

Taking me longer to check Ferrite than I had hoped. Seems to be empty.

Snow's getting deeper. Thinking I should make the sandbag walls higher. Flooding is going to suck.

I think Muninn is trying to teach some of the machamps how to play cards when they're off-duty. Might beat them for a few rounds before bed tonight.”

Return to “Toro Region Archives”