Carmine Town Meeting - New Management

Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

Carmine Town Meeting - New Management

Posters are hung up around Carmine, displaying a date and time about a week from when they went up, along with the words "Important Town Meeting in the Auction House - All must attend!"

On the day of, Stanley would wait quietly at the front of the hall, Torchic standing next to him, both waiting for everyone to file in.

((This is a forum RP! All residents and business-owners of Carmine are welcome to attend.))
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Carmine Town Meeting - New Management

Mr. Moon would stare at the poster a bit, definitely something he needs to go to. At the time and date he would head to the Auction house, a much shorter girl wth brown hair some might know as Suzanna by his side. He would take a seat somewhere in the middle, looking up to Stanley and Torchic as he waited for whatever to start.
-----
Lana, despite not being a resident nor business-owner, would have showed up at the Auction House. She quietly took a seat in the back, looking up to her fiance with her normal dull expression.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Suzanna sighed a bit, being by Moon's side as they walked into the Auction house. "Why are we here again?" She asked, looking at Moon as she sat down next to him. She really didn't want to go, but she had heard it was important or something, so she went anyway, and she kinda had to seeing how she was a citizen of Carmine.
Macecurb

Stanley sighs slightly, tapping his foot for a moment and checking his watch. He turns to Torchic and mutters something, earning a shrug from the bird in response.

"Well, given that some people have already shown up, we might as well start."

He sighs slightly.

"My name is Stanley Kiesin, and as of about a week ago, I am now mayor of Carmine. There will be some changes to how and when rent will be paid, which is why I called this meeting. Any questions, or should I just get to it? "

Stanley sighs in his mind. Can always distribute flyers or something later.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Moon just listened to Stanley, shaking his head a bit in response. "Oh uh, no questions from me, just get to it I suppose!" he'd reply. He sit back into his chair, going quiet once again as he'd try to listen carefully to anything Stanley said.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Janet Harper arrives fashionably late to the hall, a coffee in one hand, an Aipom on her shoulder, and wearing black - a rare color for her. " Sorry y'all! " she'd call out into the hall, cheerful as ever as she goes to find a open seat.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Suzanna sighed, "No question here either." She said with a non caring voice. She really really didn't care about the whole rent thing, she wasn't paying the rent anyway. Suzanna looked back at Janet before quickly going to look back at Stanley.
karasu1996
MC name: karasu1996

Ariwalked in as the stranger announced himself as the new mayor of Carmine. The situation bothered him, yet made him curious at the same time. He asked, "Well..what happened to Mr. Holiday? Surely he would have said something before all this?"

Ari had been away for some time, having received a strange letter that said it knew where his parents were, ended up just being a prank that sent him across Toro.
Macecurb

Stanley frowns slightly, and nods.

"As some of you may have heard over the radio, Doc passed away about a week ago. His will named me as the new mayor."

He scans the crowd for a moment, letting that sink in for the few who hadn't already heard.

"As a result, there will be a few changes to the way the city is run, most notably with regards to rent. Rent will now be due at the beginning of each season, and rent for the current season will be waived while the deposit box is set up. Speaking of which, said deposit box will be in the town hall.

Furthermore, evictions will take place after three unpaid seasons. Warnings will be sent out each time a payment is missed. Any questions? "

((Rent will now be due for the upcoming week each Monday, starting this upcoming Monday. If Tuesday rolls around and I haven't gotten your payment, I'll poke you on Skype or send you a forum PM. If a second week in a row is missed, a notice will be put on your door. If a third week is missed, your belongings will be moved into town storage for you to claim and the locks will be changed.))

((If you are already renting in Carmine, you must send me the name of your character, the newly-assigned address, and the rent amount. If you do not, I will assume you no longer wish to rent in Carmine.))
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Janet frowned at the reminder, before wondering if mayors worked like that. Then again it was Toro. Her eyes shift off the new mayor and onto the Aipom on her shoulder, which she hands the coffee to. They would start to chatter quietly. It was a rather one-sided conversation.

Return to “Toro Region Archives”