Toro's Public Activism Group

Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Toro's Public Activism Group

A well-groomed and well-dressed citizen in his late 30s stood at the Carmine Auction House's stage welcoming all who entered. Next to him, on the podium, was a blank box with a slot. A few citizens of the nation sat down at the available chairs some, partaking on the provided cookies and coffee that was displayed in the corner. The man had a strong voice, clear of any accents.

This meeting was the talk of the town for the political and non-political. Posters and fliers advertising the group seemed to get into the hands and trash bins of every settlement. The leader of it all, Wallace Windsor, even talked and invited on radio air ' ANY Toro Citizen may and is encouraged to take part of the open debate - in an attempt to raise awareness of the problems of Toro. There will be free coffee and cookies - provided by The Little Pine Bakery!'

" Welcome to the first public meeting of the Toro's Activism Group! " the man announces as people settled down, " I will first explain what this is all about. " he takes a deep breath and starts, " Toro is a growing nation, in settlements, and people." he speaks confidently and with a certain passion "Problems arise though, and this is what this meeting is for, to discuss, debate, to raise awareness, and to try and solve these problems...! So to start it all off, " he digs a hand into the earlier mentioned box and pulls out a slip, which he reads out.

" What should we do about the increase of destruction and violence in Toro caused by Team Noir and Reaper Z? "

The man scans the crowd before gesturing to a young looking woman sitting at the end of an aisle.
" Lets start with you, Mrs. LeGrand. " he tacks on with a charismatic smile.

Maggie LeGrand perked up, hearing her name announced. ' Oh no, what was the question again? ' she thought as she grew nervous about being thrown into the spotlight on such an important issue.

Seeing the woman's nervousness he softens his expression and speech as he repeats simply, " What do you think we should do about Team Noir and Reaper Z? "

" Oh! " the mother wiggles to a stand and starts to bow in several directions before starting up, " Well, I think... we should try to get as much information about them as possible and end their villaiey-v-villain " she struggles with her words before spluttering out " VILLAINY for good! " her cheeks grew red as she adds on, " I-I meant as long as it uh... follows the laws of Toro. . . " she looks around before lifting her head up and letting her thoughts out " I think they deserve second chances, to repent and such . . . but in prison. . . to pay for their crimes cause against our family and friends!" she mumbles a small 'thank you' before sitting back down, flustered.

" Thank you, Mrs. LeGrand, also thank you for providing the snacks! " he wondered how many came just for the cookies. Wallace looked across the room and announces," Anybody else wish to share their opinions? "
Last edited by Rosy on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCBTVHALO
MC name: MCBTVHALO

Re: Toro's Public Activism Group

Tyrael stands up to give out his opinion.

"I haven't been noticing much going around here in Toro because I arrived not so long ago, but if there is a problem with Team Noir and this "Reaper Z" running loose and hurting people, that needs to come to an end right here. If we find those guys, we need to teach them a lesson, and it better be a good one."

Tyrael bows and he sits back down in his chair.
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

After seeing the different advertisements for the activists group, Leonardo made it a point to attend, as he liked to be a part of political affairs.

Sitting towards the back, Leo stood once the man who spoke before him sat down. He gave a small bow, and then addressed the crowd, "Like many others, I have seen my fair share of Team Noir and Reaper Z. It is obvious the destruction and pain they are causing. I was present that night not too long ago when Reaper Z targeted Aurelia and reigned shadow balls onto the town hall and several other buildings. However, as we address the matter of how to deal with them, we need to keep in mind that we are not barbarians running around with swords and clubs and striking people down. As a society, we have grown beyond that to an age of diplomacy. It is my hope that we will decide a path with the least violence and the most respect for basic human rights."

His eyes scanned the crowd once more before another small bow, this time towards the speaker, and then returned to his seat.
SyntheticEmotion
MC name: SyntheticEmotion

Lee Brighton sits at his chair, rather irritated. He is irritated because someone has posted ten of the posters on the outside of his hospital, no doubt because of it's sheer size. He was going to come to this meeting to figure out what was so important that they just had to cover a public medical facility in advertisements, and to possibly have a word with the person who posted them.

He later found out that this was a type of thing that was used for a people's voice to be heard, which intrigued him greatly. So now he sits, still irritated, thinking about what he would say when his turn came to speak up. He listens intently as the man in the vest speaks about 'high society' and how everyone should act in regards to Team Noir. As the man sits down, Lee clears his throat a bit and stands up, straightening his shirt. He opens his mouth to speak.

"Well... you do have some fair points there, Sir. And while we are not Barbarians running around with clubs.. I do have to point out that they are. For example, on my first say here in Toro, after I was called in by your President, I was traveling towards Aurelia, in search of my new residency and job location. As soon as I rounded a corner, I noticed a rather normal looking green haired man conversing with a brown haired woman, who was in a black suit. After hailing them and presenting my name, she suddenly took out a blade and stabbed him! Just right in the chest, and after I ran in to help him she targeted me, then started screaming about how her 'Team' would rise and conquer. I had to treat that man right then and there in the woods. My point is that your citizens, brothers, and sisters are being mauled and mutilated along once civil routes, your cities are sieged and bombed and attacked by clearly aggressive individuals who just want to kill you and torment you, and your preferred course of action is to throw neatly signed paper at them? These people aren't just bad, they are a legitimate threat to your safety and your health. So I have to agree with the first Madam who spoke, and the second man who spoke. We should go after these people, hunt them down to protect ourselves and the ones who are left should be offered a second chance, in jail, after they have served their sentence. "

He looks over the people, then nods and seats himself.
atonofkittys

Leo listens intently to the man as he responds to his statement. Violence has never been something he is comfortable with, being raised in a business family and then struggling to survive on his own, but the thought of that violence being directed towards his lover sickens him as it did when it was brought up in the conversation with Lux and Mimi.

Once he sits down, Leo looks around at the crowd. He sees no one jumping at the chance, and then stands himself to defend his case. He gives a nod at Dr. Brighton for his civil response, recognizing him as the doctor, and then addresses the crowd, "This man makes a fine point. By leaving Reaper Z and Team Noir loose, we are all in danger. However, when 'hunting these people down', how would we know when to stop? How would we draw the line? You say, 'the ones who are left will be sentenced to prison'. How would we know who are left? What would stop us from killing them all? And then killing more afterwards? What if we started accusing people of being part of Team Noir from paranoia of its return? Sentencing random people to die just because that person came off as different or interesting to someone who can point a finger? My friends, if we start taking Arceus' job into our own hands, it will result in nothing more than a blood bath at our doorsteps and in our homes."

Pursing his lips, he gives a nod to Lee once again before returning to his seat.
SyntheticEmotion
MC name: SyntheticEmotion

Lee listens to the man speak, his assumed respect for the man growing smaller with each word. He slowly stands back up as the man sits down.

"Sir... I never said anything about killing anyone. I simply suggested that we seek and capture them. When you are dealing fanatics like Team Noir, there is a large chance that they will die for their cause, most likely by their own hand. When you go to war.." he grimaces, remembering what he has seen in Alkir, "there is always casualties. There are casualties on this side, and people will simply want revenge. They will want to strike back. I am a Doctor, I am a healer. I abhor violence, but I am also a realist. Team Noir members will die, whether it be by a vigilante's hand, or by a vengeful mother's hand, or by their own hand. I am just stating that the ones who have resisted the evil from both sides should be able to have a chance to live normally once more."

He finishes speaking, then nods to the man and sits down.
atonofkittys

Leo listens to him quietly, arm leaning on the back of the seat and legs crossed to appear casual and relaxed to others. He is from from it, however, and he lightly taps on the chair with one finger. Their arguments were beginning to find common ground, and Leo agreed with what Brighton was saying, much to his dismay. In fact, it has been the focus of his thoughts for days now. He fears for Alexia at every moment that some angry citizen will try to take matters into their own hands. He says nothing more for the moment, instead gently rolling his half-heart pendant in his fingers as he scans the crowd, then looking at Brighton.
CaronaTail
MC name: LavaninjasH20

Curious to see what all the fuss was about, Cole wandered into the auction house, having no clue what was in store. He leaned against a nearby wall and politely listened to the people before him, few of which he had met. Winslow thought deeply about the topic and his experiences with the enemy, but soon realized he didn't know much about the situation at all. The boy tried his hardest to think of something, in case he was to speak. After a period of muttering, then utter silence from the audience, he bravely decided that it was time to say something, no matter how foolish it sounded.

"Um..." He stopped briefly to properly formulate his words. I don't know too much about our common enemies, but I do know that they're a force to be reckoned with. We can't simply pluck each member out one by one; they'll just multiply. I think the best way to defeat the threat is to coax them out of their hiding places somehow -- Without putting everyone in danger. Then, if Toro's strongest trainers banded together and defeated them once and for all, we'd disable their entire fleet, and send them packing. I-I know it sounds a bit idealistic, but we have to try something." The teenager lost his train of thought and hastily leaned back onto the wall, aware of his choppy speech and naive idea.
MCBTVHALO
MC name: MCBTVHALO

Tyrael looks around the room, listening intently to all the replies to the subject. He thinks of the words he wants to say and he waits for the man so he can take a stand once again.

"I agree from what he said, there has to be a way to stop them somehow from getting worse, whether our plans be to spy on them and know what will come next, or to simply run in and take them out. I do believe however that we might need to think of another way of capturing them. I haven't lived here long enough to know details for how strong Team Noir is, but they will have backup ready to rescue their comrades or they have some way of escaping. We should find their weaknesses and use them to our advantage to keep Toro safe."

He nods his head, and returns to his seat.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Wallace was tempted to interrupt the two, but instead he listened and nodded along until the end glad it came to an peaceful one, one without the use of yelling and what not. The man then marveled how peaceful and active everybody was being - he severely underestimated this lot. With an almost proud grin he leaned forward in his seat and listened.

Mimi twiddled her thumbs, uneasy of the talk of death and revenge from the familiar faces. This was a new side of them she hadn't seen before, well, they'll see a new side of her as well. Waiting until after Cole was done, she stood up - volunteering this time - and spoke, " I've been in Toro in and out since I was a young adult at 18. " she keeps her eyes on the ground, knowing that if she saw someone else that she'd stop and sit back down.

" So I've been here for nearly ten years, and so I've seen what they've done. . . they're different from before. " she explains " My first run-in with Team Noir was when they stole a map from the museum in Cobalt. "she gains a bit of a nostalgic tone, that was the day she was leaving Toro the first time, " I'm not saying it was any less of a crime or any less as evil, but they didn't beat us black and blue! They just... put us to sleep." the woman rolled her hands up in her apron, hoping nobody thought she was rambling.
" I think they have to be under some new control or something, they were a lot smarter back then too. " she skips the story and explains a more recent one, " Three Team Noir members attacked my farm while I was there, and their only goal it seems was to cause us harm. They stole food and drinks, but I believe most of it was thrown at my husband's head. " the thought of wasting food made her grow angry, but she kept calm and gets to the point,

" I think we need to interrogate them before they escape, get the needed info ... however possible. Then we can calculate a plan." she wondered if she just did that, she wondered if she just insulted the cops work while at the same time encouraging extreme action. The woman's eyes darted off the ground and around before bowing - a bit apologetically - and sitting back down.

Return to “Toro Region Archives”