[SRS] The Ditto People Watch, hosted by Everett Larson

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
Foska
MC name: Foska

[SRS] The Ditto People Watch, hosted by Everett Larson

During a regular Wednesday on the Sunshine Radio Station, Sunny, the host, speaks up, “Sorry to interrupt the regular schedule, but I have an announcement to make. From now on, Everett Larson here, will be having a segment on Sunshine news. I hope you all look forward to it. Go ahead and introduce yourself, Everett.“

Everett talks into the microphone, his gruff voice transmitted across Toro’s radios, “Hello, my name is Everett Larson. I originally hail from Unova but moved to Toro with my friends and we are currently living close to the Radio Station here in Cobalt. I will be having a new segment starting this Friday, while also occasionally helping out with the ‘regular’ news. This segment will focus around Ditto people, how to spot them, general information and interviews with victims of those said Ditto people. I will see you there Toro, stay safe and watch your backs!”

Sunny lets out a laugh and continues, “Well, isn’t he quite the comedian and funny guy? I am sure he will give a new, funnier side to Sunshine Radio!” he then goes back to telling the regular scheduled news segment about celebrity spotting, with Everett providing some additional commentary.

_________OOC Note______________
Heya Foska here, everyone's favourite something.
I will be doing this semi occasionally so I can make easy money without having to do much, you can send in questions and similar to mess with Everett or to get some more laughs.
I hope I will be getting atleast a little fun out of this.

PS. There aren't REALLY Ditto people invading every layer of society, don't worry. Unless the GMs want to change that of course ;3
Last edited by Foska on Sun May 21, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foska

[SRS] 1st Transmission of the Ditto People Watch

On the friday after the small introduction on Sunshine Radio, the music comes to an end around 2pm as the gruff and confident sounding voice of Everett Larson would be heard. “Hello, citizens of Toro, Everett Larson speaking here. As said on Wednesday, from now on every week on fridays, starting at this time, I will be talking here about a certain menace to Toro and the World. That menace is none other than Ditto people. I will start with simple information on Ditto people.” He clears his throat, faint rustling of papers could be heard before he continues to speak again.

“First of, they are capable of copying any human they have seen perfectly. Mind you that’s only appearance wise, they may not know about their character and mannerisms, but just the ability to change into anything and anyone is frightening. They could be your parents, siblings or even lovers. That’s why you should ALWAYS watch every person closely, it could be that they are Ditto’s, the threat is real.”

Some more paper shuffling can be heard before he continues. “Second, while they may be able to look like every person in this world they are still Ditto’s, if you would pinch them and pull but they stay in the same form as before, with no excess stretching or turning ditto colored, they are human. Although that’s apparently not socially acceptable, pinching random people, it’s pretty stupid I know.” He coughs as he continues on.

“And third.” He stops for a second before he continues, trying to make it sound dramatic. “They hate Aluminium, that’s why I always carry my Alufoil hat with me as well as my trusty Aron, Alu. Remember that a Pixelmon of the type Metal is very useful against them.” He nods to himself but nobody would be able to see it so he quickly stops, as he coughs once more before continuing.

“That’s about it for the first time with me, Everett Larson. At the end we will always come to fan mail and listener questions, so be sure to send some in if you need advice on anything Pixelmon related.” A different voice can faintly be and some muffled talking, followed by more paper rustling before Everett continues. “Oh, apparently there is already mail for me, let’s see here…” He reads it before announcing to the radio. “This question was quite unnecessary, I am in perfect mental health and there’s nothing wrong with me, thank you very much.” He crumbles up the paper before continuing again. “Anyways, that’s it for this time. Thank you for listening in and stay safe Toro!” Some weird sounding outro music plays as the transmission ends and the radio goes back to playing music.
Foska

[SRS] 2nd Transmission of the Ditto People Watch

Friday, 2pm, Sunshine Radio Station. The last radio song stops as it transitions over to the regular show scheduled for this time and Everett’s voice could be heard now. “Hello and welcome to your weekly Ditto People Watch, with me, Everett Larson. Today we will be talking about the dangers of Ditto People and why you should be wary of them. There are certain things I talked about in last week's issue of the Ditto Watch, which I will repeat as well as some other stuff. Let’s see what do we start with…”

He trails off as he looks through some papers. “There we go. The dangers of Ditto People. Ditto People are indeed quite dangerous, most people brush them off, saying they don’t exist and if they do, they can’t do anything to cause any damage. However that’s wrong, Ditto People invade your homes, eating your food, stealing money or they could do things even worse than that.” He shivers a little. “I know of a case in Unova where they caused tremendous mental strain on a person, sending them into a coma! I myself got quite the trauma from one, do not believe I do not know what I am talking about.”

He coughs before he continues. “They are a menace, do NOT underestimate them, always watch out. Your GAY lover could be one.” He pronounces that sentence a lot more for some reason. “Really, you need to watch out. I am surprised I haven’t gotten taken off the air by them yet but maybe they aren’t as strong here in Toro as they are in other places, I will make sure it stays like that!” He hits the table, shaking the microphone a bit and reaching out to keep it steady. “Oh, I apologize. Anyways, that’s about it for this week’s episode. As always at the end we will look at some questions, let’s see what we have today!”

He reaches for some papers and opens them, reading their contents. “Have you ever dated a Ditto Person? No, of course I didn’t. I have never dated anyone, there isn’t anyone out there I trust enough to date them.” He stated this matter of factly, apparently not really caring about it at all.

“Next question. How does someone spot a Ditto Person? Well, it’s quite hard to do so, since they can take the form of any human or object easily and fit in. However, if they didn’t study the person thoroughly they won’t know their personality so you could trip someone by asking them question they wouldn’t know the answers to. Also, as I said before pinching and pulling on them can tell you whether they are a real person or not, if they aren’t they will stretch. Then you know for sure. Well, that’s all the time we have for today, I will see you next week everyone! Thanks for listening, and stay safe Toro!” The outro music plays and it changed, sounding a little bit creepy now. After it is finished it goes back to regular news and music playing.
Foska

Re: [SRS] The Ditto People Watch, hosted by Everett Larson

As per usual on friday at 2pm the music slowly faded out and was replaced by the familiar sounding voice of its host. “Hello and welcome to your weekly Ditto People Watch, with your host Everett Larson! This week we will focus on a certain topic that makes Ditto People probably superior to humans. This is serious business so you have to make sure to be attentive. So let’s get right into it!” He chuckles to himself as he shuffles through some papers, clearing his throat as he found what he was searching for.

“Ditto People are, as we all know now, capable of easily integrating into society and copying humans. However that is not the only thing they are capable of, they are capable of far worse. I have kept it to myself for now until the time was right and you all had the basic knowledge about them.” He clears his throat once more. “Ditto People are powerful psychic entities, it is frightening I know but please stay with me, don’t give in to your fear. They are capable of feats like lifting incredible heavy objects, perception blocking and even mind control. Now I myself have luckily never been controlled by them but sources indicate that they need an important item of yours to completely control you, otherwise they can only give you small suggestions, driving you slowly towards their goal and you can easily shrug it off if you are a mentally strong person. So be careful if you give away important item of yours. This sounds quite frightening, I know yes. But we have ways to counter the mental control.”

He laughs to himself loudly, thinking himself smarter than the “Ditto People”. “Metal, yes I stated it before that Ditto People are weak to Metal type Pixelmon, that applies to their powers too. Their psychic attacks can’t pierce the density of most metals. So I have these tips for you. Number one, always carry a metal type Pixelmon with you, if worse comes to worse you can hide under them from their mental powers. Number two, a simple solution for fear of mental control is to simply carry an alufoil hat with you, I have one with me twentyfourseven. Those are the tips I have for you, I wish you luck.” He closes his eyes, nodding his head.

“Now onto another topic, as I am sure you are all aware there has been this weird broadcasting around. Ignore it at all cost, do not search for its content. I deciphered it and what I found out was… disturbing. For your own mental and physical health, please stay away from it.” His voice is lowered and he actually sounds like he is begging the people to not look for the truth behind the message.

“Now that’s about it for this weeks Ditto People Watch, but as always we end with some questions. Now let’s see what we have got this week!” He digs out a letter and reads it over once in his head. “Ah yes, very good questions, let me read it to you and I will answer them afterwards.” Once more clearing his throat he starts reading the letter to the radio.
Peytonp8 wrote:"Hello Everett,

I'd like to personally thank you for your bravery to bring forward issues and increase awareness of the ever-increasing. grave threat of ditto people. I've been fighting the good fight my whole life, and I've yet to see someone as dedicated to the cause as yourself. I have a few questions for you.

First, how do I know if I'm a ditto person? I think I'm not, but I want to double check.

Second, if I am a ditto person, what should I do? How can I get help?

Third, I'm not a ditto person. I promise.

Fourth, is it true that in other regions, Ditto people control the media and maybe even governments? I mean... I've been fighting ditto people, so I know that it's at least a little true, but I want other people to know how true it is.

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Rosalynn Hayes."
He laughs to himself happily when he is finished, smiling smugly. “Rosalynn, thank you for your letter and the kind words, it helps to know some people believe me, there are sadly far too little of us. Let me answer your questions to my best ability, I will gladly help out a fellow fighter for the good." He takes a deep breath and a sip from the water next to his microphone before continuing on.

"Question One, to really check yourself if you are one you should probably ask a friend you trust to, every now and then, check you for obvious Ditto People behavior or ask you about things only you would know the answer to. It is however not foolproof as they might figure it out they study you long enough. Another way is to just stab yourself with something small like a needle and see if you bleed. If you don't that's a good indicator that something is not right."

"Question Two, I am not quite sure about this one. I would suggest you turn yourself in, or try to be a good person, if that's possible I am unsure. I do not exactly thing there are good Ditto People out there but there are always exceptions, I am sure. I might be open for a talk with a Ditto Person who would like to better themselves."

"Question Three, well it isn't really a question but yes. I can't exactly believe just from a letter, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, Rosalynn."

"Question Four. Yes, it is true. In other regions Ditto People are prominent figures, be it actors, politicians, law enforcement. [Toro's Korea] is one of the countries I use as example for a country completely controlled by Ditto People. A terrible shame really, I wish I could help them but I do not think one man would be enough, I would certainly /disappear/." He lets out a small sigh before continuing on.

"That's about all for your questions, Rosalynn. Thanks for the letter, I appreciate it. Please do send one again if you have any more questions, as should any other listener out there. Do not hesitate to send letters, I will gladly answer them all! And with that said we are at the end of our broadcast, we went a little over time but it will be fine, there were such good questions I just had to answer them. Until next week, thanks for listening and stay safe Toro!" The outro music starts playing and the radio goes back to it's more normal program and music.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Rose would be chilling in her home listening to the radio as usual while she worked on some random map, listening to the Ditto Watch while stifling a laugh. Hearing her name she blinked a bit, narrowing her eyes at the radio before looking in the direction of her neighbor's house. Temporarily stopping her work she went to grab some paper to send her own thing in.

" Hello Everett,

After listening to your broadcast I have decided to do the tests suggested to see if I am, in fact, a Ditto Person. After stabbing myself I noticed no blood came out, and after talking to my friend they have told me I am acting suspicious lately. I don't think I am a Ditto Person, but I'm not sure how else I can make sure I'm not one? What if I really am a Ditto Person? How could I be a Ditto Person without knowing? Where can I turn myself in?

Please help,
Mith Rigger. "

Rose stared at the letter for a few seconds before shrugging to herself. " Could do better, but eh. " she said, casually slipping on her boots so she can go drop off the letter at the station.
Foska

The music slowly started to fade out, as it got replaced by Everett Larson. “Hello and welcome to your weekly Ditto People Watch, with me, your host Everett Larson! I hope everyone is doing alright and didn’t get into any trouble with any Ditto People, let’s get right into it. This week we will be talking about Toro and it’s past incidents that could be caused by Ditto People. So let’s get right into it!”

He cracks his fingers and neck before beginning to speak. “So far, from what I have seen the Ditto People have been taking a very low profile, however they can’t escape me, their tracks are everywhere. There are several incidents in the past that fits their way of doing things perfectly. They were involved with the assassination of the last Premier for sure. Poison fits them perfectly. I imagine that a rogue faction is actually a CODEX, the terrorist group which blew up a bomb in the forest between Cobalt and Aurelia, making it uninhabitable. What a dreadful thing to do, it was totally them, without a doubt. They do not care about nature, humans or Pixelmon in any way.Do not trust them, do not get involved with them, just leave it to me. I will find and expose them all, if it is the last thing I do!” He calms himself a bit, having become a bit louder than necessary, before he continues.

“Have you heard about the man called Doctor Q, dear listener? If you didn’t he was some maniac doctor, who engineered Pixelmon and humans into some bizarre thing called ‘Angels’. In my research I have found, or rather not found, any Ditto being used in his hybrids. A clear giveaway that he was involved with them, he most definitely was involved with them in a way, but I am not yet sure how. I will have to do more research and find out more.” He sighs a little, regretting to not have more info.

“But that’s about all the major incidents I could dig up information about that could be related to Ditto People, for now. I will keep searching and finding as much I can, just keep up with my show and I will tell you everything I can. But for now, let’s get to our Q & A part, let’s see what mail we got today!” He starts opening a letter and reads it out loud, his face turning a bit darker as he gets further into the letter.
Mishakiara wrote:" Hello Everett,

After listening to your broadcast I have decided to do the tests suggested to see if I am, in fact, a Ditto Person. After stabbing myself I noticed no blood came out, and after talking to my friend they have told me I am acting suspicious lately. I don't think I am a Ditto Person, but I'm not sure how else I can make sure I'm not one? What if I really am a Ditto Person? How could I be a Ditto Person without knowing? Where can I turn myself in?

Please help,
Mith Rigger. "
He sighs a little, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Well, Mith. Those are some bold claims you are telling me here, I am not sure what to say. It would be the best for you to… meet me. Yes, next week before my show, come to the radio station here in Cobalt. I will be waiting. I will help you in any way I can then, but I can’t say right now what else you should do. Just don’t be evil and get arrested or something along those lines. Yes.” He goes silent for a moment. “Well, that’s about all we have time for today. Keep checking under your bed and closet for anything suspicious. Until next week, thanks for listening and stay safe Toro!” The weird outro plays and the radio goes back to it’s songs and other less insane stuff.
Foska

The music fades out as it approaches the usual time of the Ditto People Watch and the voice of Everett Larson tunes in. “Hello people of Toro, it’s me. The great and amazing Everett Larson. Today, our topic is him! Mith Rigger! A man who claims that he isn't sure if he is a Ditto Person. We are going to find out, everyone be sure to listen well as I question Mith here, you may be able to use it yourself one day! Now Mith, what brought this up? How did you start thinking you were a Ditto Person?" He starts off simply, looking at the hobo looking man intently.

The man who spoke was rather nervous, almost intimidated, stuttering with almost every words. For those who knew the elusive Hobo, it was very similar to his voice. "Well.... I don't know, man! It's like... you ever just suddenly feel all... Not you. More ditto than normal? Like you're a clone of yourself? 'CUZ THAT'S WHAT I FEEL LIKE! AM I A DITTO OR HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS?! BOTH!" He could be heard throwing himself at Everett, "You gotta help me, man!"

Everett could be heard letting out a small gasp at the sudden almost assault, he would pause for a second before talking up again. "Yeah, yeah I will. That's what we are here for." He would pat the hobo a little. "We will get you fixed up." Another small pause starts, soon interrupted by a cough from Mith and he can be heard walking over to his seat and sitting down again. "Thank you. You're truly doing Arceus' work." Mith sighs heavily and, with a firm nod and conviction in his voice, asks, "Okay, so... What's the first step, hero?"

"Hero? Well, I won't blow my own horn but I am quite amazing." He laughs a little, smiling smugly. "Well, let's make sure you are actually a Ditto Person first of. Do you remember the tests I explained to people? Let's try these first." Everett’s chair can be heard creaking slightly as he leans towards Mith. "Well uh... Something about pinching myself? But I... I'm scared. I couldn't do it myself. I needed... Support." "Well, alright." A small pause occurs again as Everett leans forward and then pinches Mith’s arm, pulling on it to see if he ‘deforms’. Mith can soon be heard gasping horrendously. “D-Does… N-no… What does this mean, Everett?”

There’s more shuffling which sounds like it comes from Everett and he soon starts talking, stumbling over his own words. “I well… uh we like uh should… How about… we turn you over to the police… or like get a doctor or something to… try and fix you?” Mith immediately stammers back, clearly terrified. “T-the police?! No! I am not a criminal! I haven’t done anything wrong, I just… I just wanted to be-!”

Suddenly! The door to the recording studio is thrown open, slamming loudly against the wall! Some crashing can be heard seconds after as another voice speaks up, similar to the other Mith’s, but slightly different. "YOU!" He declares angrily. "You thought you could get rid of me, but your plan failed!" "Mith" can be heard throwing his chair back. "No! Accursed! How did you escape?!" His voice was no longer intimidated, now returning the same rage as before.

Everett stares in disbelief for a few seconds before jumping up and throwing his own chair over. "Oh my gods! Kill the fake! Who's the fake?" He looks from one Mith to the other, then focuses on the guy that deformed before. "Right you! Get him!"

"AHAHAHAHA!" "Mith" roars in laughter, his guise now blown. "You won't catch me so easily! The Ditto People will rule this world! And there's nothing the Rocky Rose Rebellion can do!" "Mith" holds his hand in the air and then slams it to the ground. The room explodes loudly and smoke starts filling the room, Mith and Everett can be heard coughing. As the smoke dispersed and their coughing calmed down, Mith is the first one to talk up, sounding quite angry. “Damn it!” He calls out, slamming his fist on the wall. “He got away again!”

Everett soon calming down himself from the coughing looks around, confusion in his voice as he speaks up. “What the hell…” Remembering where he is he sits down on his chair. “What… what just happened?” “I…” Mith rushes towards a microphone and picks it up. “He seeks The Rocky Rose! To find her and destroy her! Only she can stop the Ditto People! She is the Key! She travels the land searching for a true champion to vanquish the evil Empire of Ditto People! I must go. I’ve already revealed too much.” He then drops the microphone and can be heard running out of the room, unstopped by anyone.

Everett blinks again, staring at the door Mith ran out of. "I... this wasn't what I expected to happen today... I will... W-well, I think we will leave it at that for this week... Bye... Stay safe Toro and stuff..." After a long sigh the usual outro music starts playing as the radio broadcast comes to an end.
Foska

At the usual time on the usual day, the music of the radio station would fade out, replaced by the familiar voice of the shows host. “Hello Toro, Everett Larson here, welcome to The Ditto People Watch, your one and only show that tells the truth here in Toro!” He snickers a little and sips on some coffee. “I know, last week's show was a bit of a mess, but let’s forget about that, I am still doing research on it on my own, I will tell you more if I find out.” He shifts through some paper, mumbling something before he continues.

“This week we will focus some more on Ditto People themselves, as well as the Ditto Pixelmon in general. We will start out with what they possible feel.” He lets out a small cough before continuing. “I used to think that they are only huge evil sadists, only able to feel pleasure and satisfaction from fooling their targets, however lately I have been thinking. What if they do that to experience what humans can? It’s a hard question to answer, who could even begin to know what they are thinking about. But if they are able to feel and aren’t just some maniacs out for blood I have to find out myself what their plans are. I still do not believe this theory I came up with, it’s just something I consider a possibility.” He taps his chin as he thinks for a while. “They are Pixelmon, they should have feelings.” He shrugs, continuing on with the next topic instead of thinking about it.

“The second topic we will talk about is how a Ditto becomes self aware and turns into a Ditto Person.” He coughs once before he continues. “My first theory is that they just see humans and how well of they are and they want to have the same thing. However thinking that they can’t achieve that while being a Pixelmon they instead turn into a human, to copy them and get the benefits that humans do. The second one is that Ditto’s just have an inert smartness and deviousness in them that they use to copy and replace humans, they do it more for the fun of it, knowing they can replace any human they want, rather than doing it for the benefits humans have I talked about in the other theory. I believe in this one more.” He says, tapping the table a few times. “Well, let’s cut it here for today and move on to the questions instead.” He snickers and reads the first letter.
You are gay.

He blinks a bit after reading the first letter. “No Alex, I am not gay. Matt is the gay one, you know that.” He crumbles up the letter and throws it over his shoulder, reaching for the next one and reading it out loud.
What’s a Ditto?

He sighs at this question, rubbing his eyes a little. “If you do not know what that is you should probably go to school again, if you still don’t know what it is after that write me again.” He sighs once more before wrapping it up. “Well, that’s all for today, my dear listeners. Kick your furniture every now and then to see if they are real furniture or just a disguised Ditto Person. Until next week, thanks for listening and stay safe Toro!” The outro music would starts playing as the show ends, going back to the regular music afterwards.
Chibimaster1111
MC name: ScorchedDragon

An Envelope would arrive on the scene, the sender's name nowhere to be found. Someone had been paying close attention to the radio lately, and upon obtaining a scrap of paper from a nearby trash bin, scribbled down a message and snuck it into the mailbox at Aurelia's Post office. To any that were within earshot of the Post Office that night, a strange sound would be heard. Schlick...Schlick....Schlick.... As if something was going splat over and over, slowly getting further and further away from the building.

Foska

There would have been a session or so between the next broadcast, this would have happened sooner if Foska wasn't lazy, but alas. Anyways, Everett Larson's familiar voice comes on the radio, speaking softly. "Hello Toro, Everett Larson, just cutting in to say that the Ditto People Watch is canceled and I will take my leave of the Sunshine Radio Station. That's all, good bye." And with that the radio would go back to music, no more Ditto Watch and bullying, what a shame for the last letter as it was just thrown away, woops.

Return to “Toro Media”