Tobias' Whitelist Application ((OUT-DATED))

TheRickCroese
MC name: TheRickCroese

Tobias' Whitelist Application ((OUT-DATED))

This is an example, for the ones who need a little help with writing a whitelist application! We, the application team, are here to help you out with any questions about the process of whitelists! Our team:

{More Coming Soon}

Mishakiara
Chakurano

PM any one of them for help~

*Ahem* Let's commence, shall we?
First off, copy that lovely Whitelist Application format from here.

And now, fill in your data at the right place.
Let's take this example: a friend of mine, named Tobias. He hasn't got a Minecraft account, but he is 'the average guy'. Or at least the most average guy I know.

—General Questions—
Minecraft Username: Tobiascus
Where did you hear about us: I am referred by my friend, Rick Croese.
Tell us a little about yourself: People call me "the Mind of 1000", because of my good advice and logic. I am in pre-university secondary, studying the same subjects as Rick. In my free time, I play Indie games, and of course, Minecraft!
~Notice!~
A lot of people have problems with this. You can use Google, Wikipedia, whatever... But describe it in your own words! We refer, mostly, to haveyouseenmyhat's RP guide with answers. Because every single RP server handles a different definition, it's a must to search it up.

What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is that you completely go up in a character, and think and act like that character would do.
What is meta-gaming in your own words?: Meta-gaming is roleplaying, whit information your character wouldn't have normally. Example: if you just meet a guy who you haven't talked to you yet, but already knows everything about you (profile, whitelist), and uses that information, he would be meta-gaming.
What is power-gaming in your own words? Powergaming is not giving others the chance to react, or time to roleplay. Because powergamers are, as the name suggest, overpowered, they are acting like a god.
What is retroactive continuity in your own words? A retroactive continuity, also known as retcon, is changing facts or the way things went. Simply, changing facts.
What is a Mary Sue in your own words? A Mary Sue character is a flawless, polished character, with no weaknesses whatsoever.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC, meaning In-Character, is that you are roleplaying like your character. You are talking and thinking like him/her. OOC, meaning Out-Of-Character, is that you are talking like the person behind the screen.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: No. I do have some experience in roleplaying, but not that much.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—

~Notice!~
If you don't know what these things are, try finding it on the wiki page (on top of here, Wiki, Search up the name.)
As for the 1950's, try searching some pictures of it. Describe those pictures!

Describe the 1950s: For me, it was a time of reliving. After the WOII, people are relaxing. The time of war, depression and fear was over. Relaxing began.
What is Pix Co.? Pix Co. is the multinational in the Toro Region. They are well-known, the most for their revolutionary invention: the Pixelball.
What is Team Noir? Team Noir is the crime team of Toro. They are the ones who mess up all the innocent lives, mostly wearing Spearow masks.

—General Character Questions—
~Notice!~
Know exactly what your character is. Details like height, weight, markings, experience, jobs... They are all welcome. As long as they fit the lore!
Note on biography: Because all the characters of the anime (Ash, Brock, Cilan, May, whatevs...) do not exist, please do not make references to them. It will only mess up your story, and relations with them will make your RP... Awkward.
Note on flaws: Using phobia is a good way of adding flaws to your character. It isn't the intention to create a Mary Sue, is it?
Note on the skin: Place a direct link, with this bit of code.

Code: Select all

[img]http://YourLinkHere[/img]
We advice using imgur. Just make a screenshot/upload the skin itself.[/color]

Full name: Antonio del Rivèra
Physical Description: Antonio (or, like everybody calls him, Ant) has a Spanish/Italian tinted skin. He is not very tall, with his height of 1.65 meters, but he is fairly muscled. Ant has some huge scratches on his breast, probably from a wild beast. Ant has an upside-down red cross on his chest. He doesn't know where it comes from. Ant wears almost always a tuxedo, with a rose in his pocket. Wearing black suede shoes, Ant knows how to dress like a gentleman. Ant sometimes wears a pair of sunglasses, but not that often.
Personality: Ant is a true man d'amour. He is in love with his girlfriend April, and he loves to say that to everyone. Ant is a calm and reasonable guy, but when you touch his girlfriend, he will become a fiery flame! Ant likes to wear expensive clothes, and has a kind of an attitude. He just ignores people who are disagreeing with him, and will not rest until he takes revenge on the persons who harms him or his girlfriend. He also likes money. A lot of it.
Biography: Ant grew up in Kanto, Viridian City. He lived a happy and carefree childhood. He studied at the Pokémon School, where he had the knowledge of a Professor when he was 17. On his 18th, he met April. Ant didn't fell directly for her, but slowly he became in love with her. When they went to Hoenn together as a love trip, Ant wasn't courageous enough to ask her to marry him. When they came back to Viridian, he heard that April needed to move to Toro, a region in the west. Ant didn't want her to leave, not in his entire life! So, that's why he packed up his stuff, got the Eevee from his dad, and took the boat together with April to Toro. April now lives with her grandma in Cobalt, and Ant is looking for a way to tell his love how much he loves her.
Flaws: He's absolutely blind with love with April. If he sees a lookalike, his feelings are still the same, making him stuttering, making awkward poses and acting 'cool'.
Ambitions: Marry April, buying a nice house, and getting tons of money with work- no matter what.
Favorite pixelmon: Jolteon, to shock his girlfriend.
Skin: Image

—Open Response Questions—
~Notice!~
Try to use as many RP situations as possible. Try doing a bit like the example, or a style of your own. What we like to see: emotions, interactions, and speech.

You are walking along Route 2 when your eyes lock onto another trainers' in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. What do you do next? "Ah, mon amigo. Do you see that I'm not in the mood of a 'ixelmon battle? You see, I am a little busy."Ant says, calmly. The Trainer gets angry. "You need to accept this battle. I have been waiting here for 2 hours!" Ant replies then: "Okay then. For this single time, non?" Ant grabs his pixelball, whispering "Okay Joltis. Do this for Espey." Ant then throws the Pixelball, and the battle begins!

And that's the end of your application! After you have finished it, compare it with this one ((not that it's perfect, but okay...)) and see if you get accepted...

~Cheers, the Application Team~

The gentleman puts his hat on his head, then walks away. Smiling, he says "A nice day. And the best wishes."

Return to “Archives”