I saw Jimmy kissing Santa Klaus!

kcband36
MC name: kcband36

I saw Jimmy kissing Santa Klaus!

The holiday music had been playing relentlessly, shoppers rushed around - trying to buy winter clothes, seasonal foods and drinks, and gifts for the children. As the latest song comes to a close, the radio crackles to an voice that’d make every caroller grimmace, “Hello folks! Jimmy Johnson here, giving you the news you need to hear off the streets! Why… Looks like for all you people foolish enough to be parents, there appears to be a brand new toy store right across the streets from the Aurelia Pixelmon center! Let’s go get the hard hitting evidence, get to the bottom of this latest scandal!” The sound of a tiny bell ringing can be heard on the radio. “You!” He declares pointlessly, “What is your name, rank, and intent?”

The sound of the bell grows a bit louder before coming to a stop. In it’s place a jolly old man’s voice bellows through. “Ohohoh! I am Sultana Ska, a humble woodcarver who has opened this shop! My only intent is to spread the holiday joy Sir!”

“You think I’m a chump! I can see through your scam! What is this a front for? Gambling, alcohol, stealing Jimmy’s women?”

“Oh no, no, no! All that is in this shop are small toys filled to the brim with love. I spend hours working and perfecting each little creation. Putting the right sparkle in the dollie’s eyes and finding the right wheel for the choo-choo trains. The only thing this is a front for is for spreading smiles to everyone in town.”

“Have you seen my radio show?” Jimmy interjects boastfully, “I’ve got that covered, chump. NO ONE IS BELIEVING YOU FOR A SECOND! You’re trying to lure children in here to do your dirty work! Someone has to be the runners for all that illegal Lunatoneshine!”
Another bellowing laugh comes through the radio as the jolly old man responds. “Ohohoh! Sir, I can say for sure that this shop is no illusion. The toys inside are made of 100% real pine wood I gathered from the forest. I sew all the clothes for the dolls and make all the mechanisms for the toy helicopters.”

“Of course! You hide the shine in the toys! Brilliant move, but not brilliant enough for….” He’s cut off as the bell rings, and another voice is heard. This one is clearly feminine, though not lacking masculine qualities, as it was also deep and smooth. It spoke sweetly, “Alright, Rahim. You can get one toy for you and pick out one for Nalani, okay?”

Sam Knighton glances up at Jimmy, who was carrying a microphone in one hand and a portable radio transmitter in the other. I’m going to assume that was possible in the 50s. May be wrong, but… That’s been cannon for too long to go back on it now. A young boy of Alkiri complexion, wearing more layers than an onion, clung to her leg with a nervous, timid look about himself as he looks around the toy shop. Sam glares at the Jimmy, and her lip curls into a snarl. She removes her glove to squeeze the knife clipped to her belt. She’d hate to have to stab a man in front of her son.

((I figured it would be fun to do another forums post so I put this together with queso, I hope you have fun and remember to follow the forum RP rules and have a good holiday season!))
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: I saw Jimmy kissing Santa Klaus!

Jill yawned as she sat listening to the radio, watching as her Spinaraks did her job and hammered some lids. She spaced out as she listened to her music, but she was brought back to reality as it changed to Jimmy's voice. At the sound of a new 'toy store' she returned her Spinarak and started on her way to the store. She really needed to get Edgar some toys to play with. Sure he had Pixelmon, but kids need toys too, right?

After some time of flying from the Pix Co. factory to Aurelia she landed in front of the store. With another sound of the ringing bell the girl entered the store, giving a small wave and a smile when she saw Sam. "'Lo there, and hello to you." she said to the two cheerfully.
Misha

Jill didn't seem to either care or notice Sam shifting towards her, nor did she know that she was just trying to shift away from Jimmy. "Ah, yeah, I do have a child," she answered with a nod, "I adopted a boy named Edgar a while back, he's a nice quiet boy."

Her eyes turned to Jimmy as he approached. She grew attentive as she heard his voice. "Ah, so this is that 'Jimmy Johnson' person from the Radio." she thought to herself. She gave a small smile as she lightly put her hands together. "Hm, famous for a day? Well of course I would, is there a catch?" she asked.
RobinVanDutch
MC name: RobinVanDutch

Colt Swanson is hanging out in his comfy chair behind the RTMP servicedesk, feet up on the counter, reading some magazines, partially asleep while listening to the radio. He overhears that a new toy-store has opened right around the corner. He looks over to his right, at the space where use to be toys for the children who had to wait. Only a couple of old toys were still standing there. Colt got up from his chair, stretched and walks outside. He sent out Kyzer his Shiny Nidoking. Colt hops on Kyzer's back and turns on the Christmas sirene that is stuck to Kyzer's head(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm2oqs8fumI )). Colt makes a loud noise "HUUUUEH" and Kyzer starts running, probably like 100ft, as it is right around the corner. Colt turns off the sirene when Kyzer comes to a stop and spots Sam. "Hey there pretty lady." Colt nods his white teeth shining like the northern star. He redirects his attention to the store, looking for the owner and yells "Safety and health inspection! RTMP!"
kcband36
MC name: kcband36

The old wood carver continues to stand outside the shop merely waving to those who arrived. "Ohohoh! Don't just stand out there folks, come on in. It's nice and warm inside and I am selling some Hot Coco." As Colt comes to the front of the story the normally tall man has to look up to whom he is speaking to. "Safety and health inspection? Ohohoh! Do you have warrant mister? You may come in and enjoy the Coco and buy some toys for the little ones if you wish."
Misha

Jill who was happy to finally be meeting Jimmy Johnson was a mix of annoyed and worried when she heard the siren approach. "I didn't do anything against the law, right? Yeah, no, I didn't do anything against the law." she mumbled to herself. She was relieved when Colt said he was there for a safety and health inspection.

"Ah, where were we again?~" she asked, her attention back on Jimmy, now not caring at ALL about the RTMP.

(( Whoops, sorry for skipping with my second reply, I forgot that it was KC and not QUESO who did the first post when I wrote it. I guess it's my turn again now though since kc just posted? ))
ElecB0ogalo0
MC name: ElecB0ogalo0

Wisps of steam rise as Vince exhales, making his way down the snow covered sidewalk. Vince seems to have finally got his rear into gear, now wearing a black scarf and a pair of gloves over his burn covered hands along with his usual attire, and a Shiny Ratatta with a red collar perched on his shoulder. He stops as he comes up to the toy store, looking at the various play things sitting in the window, the simple, almost homemade nature of most of them bringing back a few fond memories of his own childhood.

Vince scans the shop as steps in, registering the multiple people and various toys inside. A grin spreads across his face as he sees Sam and Rahim, walking over to them "An' how are tha' Knighton's ta' day?"
Misha

Unfortunately for Toro, Jill was just the person to help Jimmy's ego implode. Jill did a small giggle and smiled after all the compliments from the radio host before speaking. "Hm, a day with the Jimster?" she asked. She faked thinking about it, putting a finger on the side of her cheek as she looked away for a moment. "I guess that's not a offer I can refuse!~" she said with another smile as she looked back.
Misha

'Damn skippy' huh? Never heard that one before. Her eyes glanced down to the wheels on his sandals, wondering how he traveled through the snow with that. Her thoughts got interrupted with his last question as she looked up with a blink. "My name? It's Jill Penn, and don't you forget it!" she answered; still smiling as she fiddled with a loose strand of hair.
ElecB0ogalo0
MC name: ElecB0ogalo0

Grins down at Rahim "Gettin' ya' sista' a present, Rahim? Soundin' like'a good bruda' ta' me."

Vince's attention is soon pulled away by Jimmy. He looks over the lesser radio host as a mischievous grin begins to form. "Ay, Jerry, com'ere." he says, patting his shoulder as the yellow Rattata drops from his head to his shoulder, Vince whispering in its large ears before it disappears into Vince's scarf, a lump traveling down through his jacket.

Return to “Toro Region Archives”