Johnsilverknight's Whitelist App

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Johnsilverknight
MC name: Johnsilverknight

Johnsilverknight's Whitelist App

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Johnsilverknight
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one) Youtube
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a veteran minecraft player. By that I mean I have been playing minecraft since 2010-2011. I am also a veteran pokemon master! I started playing pokemon when I was around 4 years old with diamond and pearl. I know almost everything about both franchises. I have a ton of experience with roleplay and pixelmon.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Taking on the persona of another person and acting as them with other people who have taken on other personas.
What is meta-gaming? There are two things one needs to know in order to identify meta gaming. One is in character (IC) and out of character (OOC). In character is when you roleplay with other people who are in character while you are in character as well. Out of character is when you are not roleplaying with anyone or are talking to someone but not roleplaying. Metagaming is when someone tells another person something about roleplay while they are both OOC and one person uses that information IC
What is power-gaming? When one person believes that their character is invinsible or does very difficult tasks very easily almost or every time.
What is retroactive continuity? A community of the past
What is a Mary Sue? A player who tries to make or believes that their character is the perfect being and does and knows everything perefectly.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? OOC is when you are talking to someone without roleplaying. IC is when you are interacting with other people who are roleplaying.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yup, I have experience on one other roleplaying server and many other games.
-In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)-
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Aurelia: a big populated city buzzing with activity.
Describe Pix Co.: A company that owns factories

-General Character Questions-
[ There is a one full paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: John Jaden Argustus
Appearance: John has black hair and eyes the color of a clear blue sky. He wears a black jacket with blue bands around it and a blue scarf around his neck. Behind the jacket would beb a regular gray t-shirt. He sports his casual cargo pants and black shoes. He wears his hood up for most of the time.
Personality: John is a kid who wanted to go out on a journey at a very young age. Because of this he is a very adventrous person. He doesn't like trainers that are easy to beat and often talks to them with a very condescending tone. He contemplates joining the evil teams of the region that he visits often. He is very protective of his close friends and family and if anything happens to them he goes on a rampage battling everyone in site. He doesn't take losing very well and if people win a battle against him he would become "salty." Despite all this he oddly likes to help the needy unless that particular person did something to him in the past.
Biography: John lived in the Sinnoh region for most of his life. He left his house at 10 years old and got a Piplup as his starter pokemon from professor Rowan. He battled every gym leader and eventually becoming the champion. One year later he got tired of being at the top for so long. He gave his title to his close friend Barry and ventured off to other regions for about 6 months. He couldn't become as successful in any other regions as he was in Sinnoh. On his Seventh month, his birthday, he heard about the Toro League and decided to take a boat there. Now John is busy trying his hardest to form his dream team and become a pokemon master once again.
Flaws: He is very condescending upon weaker trainers and really doesn't like people who are stronger than him. He wants to give up almost immediately after failing for the first time on anything. He gets too angry whenever something happens to his friends and family that he loses complete control and battles everyone and everything.
Ambitions: Defeat the strongest trainers and become a pokemon master.
Starter Pixelmon: Piplup
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.) https://gyazo.com/35fcbad4c28ad5f04be57a09e95a3d4a (back) https://gyazo.com/4ed24ea015aeb1c1f2d4f2f256a6b927 (front)

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond? John would pat the girls little head and would walk over to the tree assessing the situation. If the tree is climable he would climb up the tree and bring the meowth back down to the little girl sending her on her way. If it's not climbable he would send out his flying pokemon. He would hop onto the back of it have it fly up to the place in which the meowth is stuck. John picks up the meowth and his flying pokemon hovers back to the ground and he hands the girl her meowth.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
The trainer is probably weak because he is sending out a Rattata. So would John being in this part of the region. He would send out his starter pokemon and battle this kid with everything he had. He would eventually prevail as the victor laughing at the little kid for losing. He would say "Ha! You're weak. You'll never be strong." After that he would go on his way to the next town repeating the same situation to any trainer who challenged him.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Johnsilverknight's Whitelist App

Hello! Sorry for the short delay; I'm Misha and I will be looking over your app! I'll just get straight onto the review~
  • • Your description of powergaming isn’t entirely clear/accurate. You will need to go into more detail on what is considered powergaming, how one can avoid power-gaming, and/or provide an example! You can find our description of it here! Retroactive continuity- or retcon- is also wrong. You can also find this term on there!

• I would like if you can add a tiny bit more information about Aurelia and Pix Co.

• Starting off with appearance; this section needs to be a minimum of one full paragraph. So at least 5 complete sentences. As for other appearance-related things;
    • - From what I can see, the clothing does not match the aesthetic of the server. For an idea what might be more appropriate you can google 50s fashion. Just having what is generally considered normal clothing like t-shirts, jeans, and regular jackets work too though (besides hoodies and headphones, which are not allowed).
      - To note, the biggest problems I have in specific with your skin/appearance is: the hoodie jacket, the blue bands (the mega bracelet isn't in our version of Pixelmon), and the cape.
    • Something I noticed in your personality is that he "contemplates joining the evil teams of the region that he visits". I don't believe that currently universe/timeline the other regions really have much of an 'evil team' to join, though I might be mistaken. This also just seems like an odd thought since he also apparently likes to help the needy?

• There's a few problems with the biography that I'll have to address!
    • - This also takes place outside (and/or an unknown amount of time before) the events of the games/anime, so characters from them do not exist.
      - Him beating all gym leaders the becoming the champion at the age of 10 seems a bit young. In addition, traveling around the world and in other regions by his lonesome seems a little bit much for an 11 year old! Maybe make up an explanation for why his parents would allow this? In addition, you might want to explain why he'll only have a Piplup when he comes to Toro when he has had experience with Pixelmon.
      - On the subject of Pixelmon masters and all that, I think you focused a tad bit too much on the whole Pixelmon angle for your character. I would like for you to add a tiny bit more about his life outside of Pixelmon stuff; this thread here might be able to help with developing your character's biography. You don't need to answer everything, but answering a few of the questions will definitely help.
      - The name of the server is misleading and there is, in fact, no such thing as a Toro League. Toro only just got it's last gym leader, so that isn't anything like that implemented yet (and probably not for quite a while either). Instead, Toro is just called Toro or the Toro Region.
    • While your two responses fits the 5 sentence requirements, I need your responses to have more dialogue. For the open responses you're gonna have to be a tad more creative and go into more detail! How does your character react or feel about whatever happens? Add more dialogue or actions, and feel free to make replies for the other character(s) in this situation.

• Before I stop, I just want to mention that in the Toro-verse we use the term 'Pixel' to replace 'Poke'; so we say Pixelballs and Pixelmon!
Besides those small things, there doesn't seem to be too much to adjust! Once you fix it up I can look it over for anything I might have missed. Once you edit it just post a reply so I know, and if you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to post a reply with them or contact me on skype at Mishakiara. Thank you for applying, hope to see your app fixed up soon~
Johnsilverknight
MC name: Johnsilverknight

nice copy paste
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

While a few notes are pre-written, I still have specific parts unique to your application. It also does not change the fact that these parts will need to be fixed before I can accept your application. Once you have fixed what's been noted please post another reply to make sure I know, and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to make another reply or message me.

Return to “Inactive Applications”