Kasai_Eien_No Whitelist app

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Kasai
MC name: Kasai_Eien_No

Kasai_Eien_No Whitelist app

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Kasai_Eien_No
Where did you hear about us: From Jason.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Kara and I enjoy writing and doing roleplays which is what got me interested in this after hearing about it. I’ve had a good history with role playing and have done it for quite some time

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Taking a role of a character and acting in your role in a fantasy story
What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is when the player’s character acknowledges the player when the character is not supposed to have any knowledge of
What is power-gaming?
Power-gaming is when you play or rp with the goal of reaching a goal
What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity is when established facts in fictional work are adjusted, ignored, or contradicted when intended to maintain continuity
What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is a ‘Perfect’ character who saves the day or completes a goal or defeats an enemy in unrealistic ways that are completely ridiculous
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character is when you are in the role of your fictional character and taking actions in the rp. Out of character is when your talking as yourself to the other roleplayers, not their characters
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Not any rp servers but I have roleplayed in roleplay communities in amino for a long time

-In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)-
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Canvas Town is north of Aurelia, it’s a friendly village that’s very populated by people looking for temporary homes and farmers. There is a Pix Co factory nearby that they seem to ignore
Describe Pix Co: Pix Co was founded in the year of 980 is a multinational corporation headquartered in Aurelia, and Toro. The company is most known for reinventing the modern pixelball

-General Character Questions-
[ There is a one full paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Kasai, Eien No
Appearance:
long fire like Red Hair and Eyes, pale skin, black coat,

Personality: Kasai is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing a warmer side over time. She is courageous and isn’t scared easily she’ll rush into battle without hesitation. She’s determined to do what’s right and will gladly help others with their problems no matter what and always looks forward to a new adventure, she has a dark past which can cause her to become nervous and depressed at times mostly when triggered, Kasai tries her best to be nice but her cold and a hostile side causes her to have trouble with doing so, Kasai can be rather introverted and try to avoid conversation at times wanting to find piece alone as she’s become so comfortable with it after her past with being alone, She’s caring and kind deep down she hates seeing people sad and never wants them to feel miserable so Kasai will try to help anyone in need and feels sad for them though she tries to hide this side of her to not seem ‘weak’ from most but sometimes it can’t be helped

Biography: Kasai lived with her father and her big sister, Shimo. Kasai lost her mother who was always kind to her helping her grow, loosing her devastated her when she was 4, she took her mother's necklace as a memento and her father became abuse became abusive because of this loss. Her sister was always the favorite of her father and tried to ignore her father's abuse to Kasai. Kasai was always treated as the weaker, useless child and was called a disappointment from her father. While Shimo was always thanked for being such an amazing sister and daughter. When Kasai was 8 her sister had enough of her father's abuse to Kasai and stood up for her once she found out about Kasai cutting herself and has attempted suicide multiple times. Shimo helped Kasai run away from home away from her father who was causing this stress and depression. Shimo took care of Kasai for any time as they grew up without a home but Shimo was very busy taking care of Kasai and getting things they need to live, so Kasai was often alone surviving by herself. Eventually Shimo had to go and deal with many more things so Kasai would rarely see her and have to deal with everything herself, at this point Kasai was 14. For 2 years she was mostly alone in the world still with few visits from her sister. She found her only companion, a Charmander. With no friends or family she quickly became close with it and lived with it for the remaining 2 years and by now she is 16 with her Charmander at her side and few visits from her sister. She heard of the island region called Toro and went there seeking friends and a good experience and lastly, adventure. Because she's heard good things about this region she took a boat to it and once she arrived a new adventure began

Flaws: She doesn’t think much when rushing into battle and doesn’t consider the dangers of fighting
Ambitions: she desires to Adventure and to help people with anything they need.
Starter Pixelmon: Charmander
Skin: The skin is being made, courtesy of the Skin Shop.

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Kasai looks at the girl, noticing her fresh tears and lip quivering. “Oh I’m so sorry where is your Meowth?” She asks ready to help, wanting the girl to feel better as she feels sad for this girl. She looks at the tree the girl is pointing at and sees the Meowth and then looks back at her concerned “Don’t cry it’s alright I’ll get your Meowth down for you it’s okay” as Kasai says this she grips the girl’s hand gently walks with her to the tree. She jumps up and climbs up the tree’s branches and crawls to the Meowth. “Hey, don’t be afraid I’m going to help you get back to that little girl down there. Come here I got you, stay calm” She reaches out the the Meowth embracing it in her arms gently as she climbs back down the tree carrying the Meowth and returns it to the girl with a comforting smile

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Kasai looks at the girl awkwardly “Oh um… I came from… the region across the water” She says rubbing the back of her neck “Sorry I don’t really know much about the area I’m an adventurer I’m here to meet some new people and go on a new journey with my Charmander, here” She would say composing herself while letting her Charmander walk in front of the cheerful women

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

“A battle!?” She says jumping with excitement “You’re in for it! Come on, Go Charmander!” she yells out throwing her pokeball into the battlespace. “You shouldn't have messed around with me. I’m not gonna hold back!” She says aggressively, ready to begin the battle
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Kasai_Eien_No Whitelist app

Hello, I’m Misha and I’ll be reviewing your whitelist app! I am sorry for the delay, I’ve been a little bit busy and whitelist apps can take a bit so I haven’t had the chance to get it all done before now. Anywho, I’ll just go ahead and get started so you don’t have to wait anymore~

-Roleplay Questions-
• Your descriptions of meta-gaming and powergaming aren’t entirely clear/accurate. You will need to go into more detail on what is considered powergaming, how one can avoid power-gaming, and/or provide an example! You can find our description of it here!

• While your description of Mary Sue isn’t entirely wrong, I would like if you could look more into Mary Sues and find traits that might better describe them or describe what they do that might be bad.

-General Character Questions-
• Starting off with appearance; this section needs to be a minimum of one full paragraph. So at least 5 complete sentences. As for other appearance-related things;
  • - From what I can see, the anime-esque clothing does not match the aesthetic of the server. For an idea what might be more appropriate you can google 50s fashion. Just having what is generally considered normal clothing like t-shirts, jeans, and regular jackets work too though (besides hoodies, which are not allowed).
• Her entire personality is conflicting. She is ‘cold and hostile’ yet ‘helpful and kind’? It says she introverted and finds peace in being alone, yet in her biography is shows she wants to make friends. Why would she be cold and hostile if she hates seeing people be miserable? This personality is somewhat all over the place and contradicts itself several times.
  • - To note: For new players I try to recommend against more hostile or introverted personalities. I go into more detail about why here. I want you to read over this and keep this in mind. I will allow this if you really think you can play this kind of character correctly and understand the problems playing such a character can bring.
    - This thread here might be able to help with developing your character's personality. Picking a few set behavioral traits beforehand and giving reason behind them/expanding them can help you with writing up the personality as well.
• There are a few issues and notes I have for the biography.
  • - With her and her sister’s Japanese-esque names, I want to note that the equivalent to Japan is Kanto and Johto. It would be good to pick a specific town from either region and incorporate it; even if it’s just saying ‘she was born in X’.
    - How much older is her older sister? With how important Shimo was in her life, I find this to be something that must be noted.
    - I would like specifics on how their mother died. It doesn’t have to be too specific, but just a general ‘she died of illness’ or ‘she died from an accident’, etc. I just think this might be a good
    - Besides this delving into very sensitive territory that might not be appropriate for this server; I find it hard to believe that an 8 year old could have multiple suicide attempts, let alone the fact that Shimo apparently didn’t know about before then. Since she would have had to been hospitalized/bandaged up/etc, and was at a young age, I am sure Shimo would have noticed?
    - A contradictory and confusing part; Shimo was too busy taking care of Kasai... to take care of Kasai? She was practically alone and surviving by herself, that isn’t ‘taking care’ of Kasai. This is also strange when her sister is apparently protective enough to defend her and run away with her, when she herself was treated well. This becomes more confusing when she apparently leaves her 14 year old sister to ‘deal with many more things’. What kind of things are more important to her?
    - What did Kasai do in the 2 years she was alone? How did she encounter and capture the Charmander?
    - Like with the personality, I recommend you make your character less ‘dark’. It might be good to tone down on the tragicness and trauma-inflicting events in your character’s backstory. I understand there can be bad parts in a character’s backstory, and I’m not saying there shouldn’t be any tragedy in a backstory; simply that it seems little much for a first character, especially since it leads to personality problems.
• Her flaw doesn’t really work well for this server. There isn’t going to be an opportunity for your character- a 16 year old girl to note- to just run around fighting. There is Pixelmon battling she can do, but your character can’t exactly ‘rush into’ Pixelmon battles, and there is no dangers really that come with Pixelmon fighting.

-Open Response Questions-
• For the open response you're gonna have to be a tad more creative and go into more detail! How does your character react or feel about whatever happens? Add more dialogue or actions, and feel free to make replies for the other character(s) in this situation. Make sure it fits the the one paragraph (5 full sentences) requirement for at least two of the three responses! Although the first one fits this requirement, there is a problem with it-
  • - Your responses do not fit your character’s written personality. She is not initially cold or hostile in any way, and that seemed to be a big part of her personality which how much it’s been said. Even between the three responses they seem to be a bit varying I believe and it’s hard to picture this all as the same person; the first one she is kind and compassionate, the second she seems like an incredibly nervous individual, and the third one she is excited and aggressive. Different circumstances lead to different reactions, but even still it's a bit incredibly different, and it still conflicts with her personality.
-Other-
• In the Toro-verse we use the term 'Pixel' to replace 'Poke'; so we say Pixelballs and Pixelmon!

• Before I stop, I would like to finish off by saying that Toro is a serious RP server, so correct grammar and spelling is important- so important it's in the rules! When writing up something please try and look over it and make sure it has correct spelling and grammar. Your sentences don't seem to end properly in some parts (Ex: "long fire like Red Hair and Eyes, pale skin, black coat, ") and your paragraphs seem to contain a lot of run-on sentences. A tip I found that helps with writing is to read your writing outloud, and if you find something sounds off then you likely should adjust it a bit.

Thank you for your patience! If you would like to discuss this further you are free to post a reply, message me in PMs, or contact me on skype at Mishakiara. Feel free to do so if you have any questions, problems, or concerns! Also when you edit your post make sure to post a reply so we know you have edited it! Thank you for applying and showing interest, have a good day~

Return to “Inactive Applications”