Outlaw_Jimmy's Whitelist Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
OutlawJimmy
MC name: Outlaw_Jimmy

Outlaw_Jimmy's Whitelist Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username:Outlaw_Jimmy
Where did you hear about us:I Googled Pokemon Minecraft Roleplay Server and Found This Server. (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)
Tell us a little about yourself:I Like To Base My Roleplay Names Off Of Elements, Metals and Animals.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is putting yourself into your character's position and act/talk in the same way they would in that time (Theme included) as well as using words and/or things such as in this roleplay server's time's transport, tools and buildings using them as they were used in the time set in the story in this case the 1950's, one more thing that roleplaying includes (as well as many other things that i don't feel like trying to remember cause its one in the morning when i'm making this) is treating animals (in this servers case pixelmon too) like they were treated in the time set in the story/lore (1950's).

What is meta-gaming? meta-Gaming is when people talk ooc (Out of Character) and talk about stuff that their characters don't know then use it IC (In Character) which decreases the experience and basically ruins the experience almost completely to the point of where it doesn't even feel like a good experience anymore and gets extremely annoying and they don't stop so you end up getting frustrated.

What is power-gaming? powergaming is when a player is overpowered and has an extremely unfair advantage over other players and sometimes they treat other roleplayers like puppets and control what happens to them without their consent first.

What is retroactive continuity? Retcon is when (In This Case) A Roleplayer reviles something major that has never even been hinted at which alters what other roleplayer's characters think of that roleplayer's character instantaneously, reviling something major like this would be like answering one big question that was never being asked or ever even thought of by others due to no hints towards what they reviled, leaving more questions that will likely never be answered.

What is a Mary Sue? A Perfect character will no flaws at all, Having no flaws at all is NOT humanly possible.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In Character (IC) Is When A Roleplayer is Talking Or Acting In Roleplay, Out of character (OOC) is when players are talking to each other normally with nothing to do with roleplay, usually just discussing regular things or asking for permission for something.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Yes i have played on other roleplay servers and had a bit of experience.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: A Loud place to live but a place full of life, people and pixelmon.
Describe Pix Co.: You mean the company that makes factories? loud and annoying.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name:Silver FoxFur
Appearance:Blondish Hair with a long fringe, dark Grey Eye colour [Real Thing, I have grey eyes myself in real life] Palish Skin, About 12 freckles on his face, a Brown Jacket made out of a soft silk like material with a blue tie from cotton and some silk as-well, A Light Greyish White Shirt made from cotton, Dark Red Trousers that are made from the same material as his jacket, Brown Shoes made from smooth leather and thick cotton stitching.
Personality:Outgoing when exploring But shy when meeting new people, caring, kind towards other people who are nice to as-well as pixelmon who are kind to him, Silver is mainly happy but due to his missing farther he has times where he is down slightly, silver is careful when around new people or in a new place he hasn't been to, silver is a bit jumpy, silver is constantly tired, silver doesn't care about how a place looks, silver likes food, silver likes nature, silver tries to help as many poke that needs help as he can see.
Biography:Silver was constantly moving house when he was about 3 and up and at 4 years of age his farther went on a boat to go overseas but his farther's boat never made it to port and from what the rescue boats said his farther's boat most likely sunk due to weather, he and his mother moved again and again but due to little money and due to his mother not having a job the houses got smaller and smaller until the house was 1 room for just him and his mothers beds with no kitchen meaning they always had to go out to get food and drink before returning home, skip ahead 9 years after moving year after year it is the present day and silver is becoming a pixelmon trainer, i wonder what will happen in his future.
Flaws:Silver Is Too trusting to all pixelmon to the point of where he could get hurt if he is not with his pixelmon, silver forgets to use as little money on himself and his pixelmon as possible, silver gets hot-headed when angered or annoyed by someone or something, silver often looses track of his pixelmon if he doesn't put them back in their pixelballs.
Ambitions:to help as many pixelmon that needs help as he can, to one day return to his mother and help her with her money Delmer, to create strong bonds with his pixelmon and to one day maybe even become a pixelmon master.
Starter Pixelmon:Snivy
Skin:http://imgur.com/2r9STIf (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond? He looks towards the tree she pointed at and spots the meowth "okay, I'll Get your meowth from that tree, just give me a bit to get it out of the tree" he walks towards the tree and begins to climb it , he gets to the top of the tree where the meowth is and looks down shaking a bit but undeterred from getting the meowth down , he climbs into the base of the thick branch of the tree and tries picking up the stuck meowth , picking it up off the branch he puts the meowth in his bag and slowly climbs down the tree , reaching the bottom of the tree he hands the meowth to the small girl "Try to keep a better eye on them next time ok?" (A small conversation goes on) "well kid I Better Get Going, It is getting now, Bye." he walks off waving at the girl

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond? well i come from the Unova region and im heading to the closest city around here.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond? I pull out my snivy's pixelball and release snivy onto the field "ok snivy, lets do this"
Kampfkater
MC name: Kampfkater

Re: Outlaw_Jimmy's Whitelist Application

Heya, thank you for applying to our server!

There are some issues with your application however, and I'll try my best to help you fix those so you can get on the server ASAP.

First of all, please read over everything again and work on proper capitalization and punctuation. That combined with some paragraphing would make your responses easier to read and comprehend, I bet it's just an excitement thing, a quick second read would help greatly.

Now, regarding the general roleplay questions, your definition of retcon is sticking a bit too close to an example, please be a bit more general there. If you need help with that, you can find our general guide here: http://toro-league.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=884#p884

You'll need to expand on the ingame lore questions as well, we want at least a few sentences per question. You can find info on our regions' lore in the lore section of the forums.

Let's get to your character, shall we? First things first, you might want to reconsider your character name. I know it fits into your naming scheme, but it does not really fit in with a region that's inspired by the 50s. Maybe choosing something a little more usual would help you immerse yourself.
Secondly, please use proper sentences to describe your characters appearance so that it can be read as a proper paragraph.
Regarding the personality section, I recommend adding a bit more background to why your character is the way he is to add more depth. I'd also like you to go a bit more into his own biography, you mainly explain what his family did, not really getting into your character himself. It'd also be good to go into how he got to Toro.

Last but not least, your first open response is thorough enough, but you'll need to extend your second one. We generally want at least 5 sentences per response, feel free to go into your characters' mannerisms in the fight, or how he would react to a win or a loss.

Alright, that's everything from me, I hope extending on the things I told you will help flesh out your character a little more. Once you've finished making changes please respond below so we can get right back to you.

Have a great day!

Return to “Inactive Applications”