Syls (second) Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Ursulathequeen
MC name: skyekitten333

Syls (second) Application

Minecraft Username: skyekitten333
Where did you hear about us: A very positive Tumblr post
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played Minecraft for a very long time (2014-now I think) and am an anime and gaming nerd. I love writing stories so roleplaying comes pretty naturally to me. Last time I applied it was kind of half baked. Hopefully this will be better!

—Roleplay Questions—
What is roleplaying? Role playing is alot like acting but in real time, usually as an OC (original character) or a character from the media that the person likes to act as.
What is meta-gaming? Gaming with your knowledge rather than your characters.
What is power-gaming? Being rude and ignoring others actions in order to do what YOU want... it’s still REALLY rude.
What is retroactive continuity? Editing in rp
What is a Mary Sue? A character who has little to no flaws and is miss or mr perfect…generally very annoying characters
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC= in characters head/acting the characters part. OOC=not acting. You are you
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Nope.
—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Adamas is a cliffside village by the ocean its closer to nature then the other towns.
Describe Pix Co.: A really stubborn company that gets on everyone’s nerves.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Sylvia Ardsley (Everyone calls her Syl because she hates her full name)
Appearance: Long black jet hair and torn up clothes from rough ups with wild Pokémon and rough trainers, bitter from losing to someone as scrawny as Syl. She appears scrawny and weak due to the fact that all her clothes used to belong to one of her two older brothers and are far too big for her. She has freckles all over her face and acne scars from where she scratched off pimples. She has a poor habit of letting her face rest, emotionless, so she looks this way often. Her nails are chewed all the way down from chewing due to anxiety. She tries to style her hair but it ends up a tangled mess no matter what she tries.
Personality: Even though she looks hard and tough, Syl has all the characteristics of a mother and a housewife. Living with two older brothers in college and dysfunctional parents meant most of the housework and cooking was given to her. She is rather insecure about her appearance but is scared that if she changes people will think she’s false; she hides this as well, but will brush you off if you offer her help with her appearance. She constantly is chewing gum to curb her smoking habit. She doesn’t wear make-up or do her hair and nails. She despises sexism and will stand up for herself or other woman when she needs too, even though no one asks her too. She tends to be untrusting of men but is overall kind to women and children.
Biography: Syl grew up in a rough neighborhood near a polluted river (lot of floating magikarps). She drops out of high school at eighteen and as consequence her parents kick her out. Her alcoholic father and smoking mother send her out the door with nothing but a pack of gum and her mudkip. Her father, once a successful Pokémon breeder, simply told her that there was a breeder who could teach her some things in Adamas. So she took the first bus she could to the Toro region. Of course some idiot on the bus aggravated a pack of wild beedrill, which Syl is allergic to, and the bus gets attacked. She ditches the bus and walks the last couple miles to Toro.
Flaws: Allergic to bees (severe), Cleans out of habit (or OCD shes not sure), Can’t understand sarcasm AT ALL, has serious family problems, Dislikes large crowds an crowded places (causes anxiety)
Ambitions: Wants to become the most famous Pokémon breeder in Toros
Starter Pixelmon: Mudkip
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)

[You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Syl stares at the tree and then bends down eye level to the child. “That tree?” She points. The child nods and Syl nods back. “Stay here.” She says as she walks over to the tree. She gets to the bottom and looks up. The Meowth is clearly in poor care. Patches of fur are missing and scars cover his back. Syl raises an eyebrow and looks over at the girl. “That’s your meowth?” She asks. The girl walks over and nods. “He used to be my brothers!” She sniffles. Syl stiffens and nods. “My brother gives me his broken stuff too..” Syl mutters and climbs the tree. Gently she picks up the hissing meowth and hands it to the girl. Hands covered in scratches and mind whirling with bad memories Syl leaves. The girls thank yous falling on deaf ears.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Syl stiffens and shuffles her feet uncomfortably. “Im sorry I can’t I-”. The woman persists and asks again. Syl shakes her head and quickly runs out the door before she can ask again. She pops a new piece of gum in her mouth and takes a deep breath.
Ursulathequeen
MC name: skyekitten333

Re: Syls (second) Application

Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Syls (second) Application

Hello! Like with before, I'm Misha and I'll be reviewing your app today!

Before I start, I would like to mention that Toro is currently under a blizzard as of a few nights ago, and it started snowing a season or so before that. Everybody has been evacuated due to the sudden, heavy blizzard, and more information about it can be found [here]. It definitely won't stop me from accepting you during the next week, but it's something you should know for when you get accepted! She would have to have ICly arrived in Toro the night before, or even a few days / week so he could have been evacuated, as any boats/planes would have been cancelled during this time. Again, no worries, if anything; it's a great time to join as more people are getting on and it means it'll be easier to find people to interact with!

• Your descriptions for Powergaming and Retroactivity aren't entirely wrong, but they do not show you have a complete understanding of what they are. I would like for you to elaborate on each. In addition, for power-gaming, I would like for you to explain how someone can avoid it and/or provide an example.

• The answer for Pix Co. is not entirely correct, which is alright! You can find info on it here!

• There is currently no breeders in Adamas (or in Toro really, besides Melinda's)! You can keep with your story and have it just be that he heard there were some breeders though.
- In addition, the Toro Island is not connected to any other region, so she would have to take a boat/plane.
- I would like if you can just add a tiny bit more about her backstory before her 18th birthday. Suggestions on what to add can be found here! You don't have to add all of them, just a few small things. I think it's good to know a little bit more about your character's life before they decide to come to Toro that might lead them to be how they are now.

• The skin would not work due to this being a 1.8 server! In addition, the skin is a bit too grey and the clothes are unfit for a winter environment. I can help you adjust these problems + make / edit on a winter outfit if you need it!

• The second Open Response reply is just a tad bit short! It has to be at least 5 sentences.

Other than those, I can not see anything else worth mentioning! Once you fix these mistakes please send me a message on skype (I accepted your request) and let me know so I can look it over once more! If you have any questions/questions/concerns feel free to message me for those as well. Thank you for applying, and have a nice day~

Return to “Inactive Applications”