Lilliwink's Whitelist Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Lilliwink
MC name: lilliwink

Lilliwink's Whitelist Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Lilliwink
Where did you hear about us: From a big loser named Verbob.
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy writing in my freetime, and petting animals.
—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Writing a story, but with more people instead of just one!
What is meta-gaming? Knowing things OOCly, and having your characters use it ICly.
What is power-gaming? Not letting another character react.
What is retroactive continuity? Changing a thing in the past to fit the roleplay
What is a Mary Sue? The perfect character, and usually has no flaws. They normally fit the social norm for being popular.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC is being the character as you so desire, OOC is being you, or not properly fitting the character itself
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes
—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: A small mountain town, full of dragon types, weeaboos, and undertrash. It has the last gym in Toro, and tends to be a rural hideaway.
Describe Pix Co.: Company that invented pixelballs and other pixelmon devices

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Ellie Floyd
Appearance: Ellie has short strawberry blonde hair, 4’1 girl. She tends to wear dresses, skirts, and tweed caps.
Personality: Ellie is a quiet, reserved, inventive, and imaginative girl. She enjoys taking apart old things, making new things from their parts, and watching people from a safe distance.
Biography: Ellie was born in Kalos, Lumiose City. She grew up in a average household, with two loving parents, and even a pet Meowth. One day, when Ellie came home from school, she found that her parents’ house had been robbed, and her parents hospitalized, losing their memories. Deciding that her parents wouldn’t be able to care for her, Ellie was sent to the Sunrise Orphanage in Toro by the people who do that, as the one in Lumiose City was too full to take care of another child.
Flaws: She's 10 years old and is not taken very seriously from her imagination.
Ambitions: To find a home fit for her.
Starter Pixelmon: Wailmer
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.) “Gonna make this for her” ~ Verbnorb

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Ellie glances over to the tree with the frightened Meowth, and back to the crying girl. She wasn’t the tallest of them all, and certainly not the best climber, but she wasn’t a jerk either. With a sigh, she made her way to the tree and climbed up as gingerly as possible, before taking hold of the Meowth and jumping down from the branch, holding the struggling Meowth at arms length. “There you go.”

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Ellie watched the trainer carefully, and reluctantly tossing the Pixelball out, releasing Wailmer onto the field. “Keep calm, Wailmer! We’ve got this!” She called out to her Pixelmon. The trainer smirks at the Wailmer, his Rattata low in a crouch, ready to pounce. “Is that all you got? Please! Rattata! Use Hyper Fang on the fat balloon!” The Rattata lunges at the Wailmer, its front teeth glowing a blinding white. The Wailmer rolled to the side, dodging the attack. He immediately spouted water from his blowhole, the ringlet spinning for a few seconds in front of him before flying at the Rattata. The Rattata would brace for impact, and fling backwards, before standing up, staggering around. Comic birds would be dancing around its head, as it proceeds to move to a nearby pond, and fall in. Ellie raised her eyebrows, and stared at the trainer, hoping they would retrieve the Rattata before it drowned. The trainer would return the Rattata, and sigh. “Alright,” He says. “Good match.” She nodded and called back her Wailmer into the Pixelball, and echoed it back. “Good match.”
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Lilliwink's Whitelist Application

Hello! Sorry for the small delay, I'm Misha and I'll be going over your application. There is a few parts that will need expanding upon before I can accept you~

—Roleplay Questions—
• While your description for power-gaming is correct, it doesn't show you understand it fully. If you could expand it by adding an example and/or ways to avoid it.

—General Character Questions—
• Appearance and personality have to be expanded to be at least 5 full sentences.
• The biography needs to be expanded a bit. I feel it is lacking a bit, even if she is only 10 years old.
- Specific note: Why was she sent to the orphanage in Toro, rather than the one in another part of Kalos?
This link can help you with expanding upon the above points: http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 125#p12125

—Open Response Questions—
The first response is just a tad bit short! It has to be at least 5 full sentences. Add a little bit onto it and it'll be alright! Feel free to write responses for the Meowth and/or girl in this situation if needed.

Besides that: it looks good overall! If you can fix these I'd be able to accept you. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to post or contact me on skype under the user Mishakiara. I'm sure Vernon would be able to help you as well! Once you fix it post a reply so I know you have done so. Thank you for applying, have a nice day!

Return to “Inactive Applications”