PixelUnitato's (third) Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
SpasmicUnitato
MC name: PixelUnitato

PixelUnitato's (third) Application

Well, after my second "little" hiatus, I have been recently interested in this again, so I decided to come back!

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: PixelUnitato
Where did you hear about us: YouTube
Tell us a little about yourself: This is my third time coming here, and nothing has changed much since then. I'm just a gamer who usually gets interest in things with spikes, meaning that one day I'll be like "this is awesome" and the next is "meh". I've been roleplaying for like six years, and I've learned alot during alot of my roleplay sessions, and I still have much to learn.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is taking a character that you materialize, you give them a name, an appearance, a personality, everything, and act like you are that character. You determine their reactions, what they do with their life, everything about them. It's like being another you that isn't like you at all... if that made any sense.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is taking knowledge from OOC, or stuff your character wouldn't normally know, and apply it IC. For example, a man meets someone. There is at least two ways to meta-game here for his name. First you can look at any information that is provided in game, such as a name tag or somewhere in their bio, or you can ask them OOC for their name, and use it in rp. Either way is regarded as Meta-gaming.

What is power-gaming?
Power-gaming is taking someone else's reactions or doings into your own hands, for example, Person A shoots a Person B, but before Person B reacts, Person A says they stab Person B, killing him. This gave Person B no time to react and resulted in power-gaming.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive Continuity, or RetCon, is when you take facts from a previous event (ex. Person C pushed Person D off a cliff, and Person C presumed he fell to his death), and changing them to create a different story. (ex. Person D actually grabbed onto a part sticking out underneath Person C's vision.) There are many other examples, and can be used anywhere really.

What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is basically a character that is a god(dess) among men/woman. They have no flaws and are perfect in everyway. For example, a character who gets straight A+'s, who never gets in trouble and everyone loves her. That is a Mary Sue. Of course, you can add onto that and make it less Mary Sue-ish, by maybe add a dark backstory, but at some point it might just become a little cliché.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC is the chat and actions that goes on between characters, where people only use knowledge relevant to their character and do actions that are only possible. OOC is basically the internet, where you talk as people on two separate computers, and can really say anything you want. (as long as it correlates with any rules that are put in place)

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I've only roleplayed on Toro League on Minecraft.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing:
North of the City of Aurelia, lies Carmine. It borders the dangerous and deadly desert, and is one of the most active places for people to go for parties or just to have plain fun. In Carmine, it might be hard to find the upper city when in the lower city, and vice versa, although there is always something to do.

Describe Pix Co.:
Pix Co. manufactures goods for most of Toro, and is a multinational corporation. Their headquarters are located in Aurelia, of the Toro Region. In the year 980, the company was founded by Eleanor Watanabe, after purchasing several companies to create a portfolio of professions and consumer oriented products. They are most known for the reinvention of the PixelBall, a capturing and housing device for control of Pixelmon.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Noah "Dalton" Heliot
Appearance: Noah has white hair, with silver-ish eyes, as well as pale skin. He has a reddish-brown overcoat with yellow-like outlines. He rolls up the sleeves of his overcoat around his elbows to add a little "style" to his look, although no actual purpose, as well as he has gray pants with black shoes. He stands at 5'11", and weighs around the average weight of a twenty-six year old male. Noah's hair fluffs out a bit near the center, creating a little effect to add onto his 'style'.(yeah I got lazy)

Personality: Noah's personality is a laid back, calm person who enjoys being out of peoples ways, but can be picky when he's curious about something. He enjoys doing something, although it's hard to explain. He just wants to feel the satisfaction of doing an action, whether it earns him cash or if it's something simple like reading a book. When in situations that could be considered urgent, such as someone breaking a leg, Noah tends to try to get out of the situation in any way he can as long he isn't condemned in the doing of so.

Biography: Noah was born in an area where fishing was big, and this is where he grew up for the rest of his life. He enjoyed sitting by a local lake that rested just west of the town he lived in. He'd always watch his father catch Pixelmon such as Magikarp's and such. One day, on Noah's birthday, he had got a Magikarp as a present. Noah was confused, but accepted it. After a while, it apparently evolved into a Gyrados, which surprised Noah quite a bit. He didn't really train it at all, it just... happened. One day while doing his normal everyday thing, his father had told him about a region where he could go and train his Gyrados, and maybe even catch new pixelmon. Noah liked the idea and started packing when he found out he could go. When he arrived, he was kinda underwhelmed, as it wasn't as fun as he thought. He doesn't do much currently, and he has still stuff to do.

Flaws: One of the biggest; arachnophobia. Noah hates the very idea of spiders, and wish they didn't exist. He wouldn't even use a 10-foot stick to touch one, and he will never. Secondly, he gets bored extremely fast, only doing stuff for how fun it looks. So if something looks extremely fun but turns out to be boring, he'll lose interest pretty quickly.

Ambitions: Noah hopes he'll find some interesting activities in Toro, and some people to just have fun with. While his father mentioned the place for him to train his Pixelmon, he decided just to do what he did at home; chill out and see what happens. He wants to find a fun activity where he can just enjoy himself.

Starter Pixelmon: Magikarp... yes... Magikarp. (or you could say Gyrados)

Skin:
—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
{Noah looked down at the little girl, staring at her for a silent bit. The girl seemed to start to leave until Noah muttered out "Fine." He walked up to the tree and looked up, he thought for a bit, and looked down to his pixelball that held Gyrados, and nodded his head. He took a step back, and mentioned the girl to do the same as he threw the pixelball up and it released a giant serpent, that looked at the now scared Meowth. "Gyrados, get the Meowth out of the tree, please..." The Gyrados opened it's jaw and grabbed the Meowth, bringing it down to ground level and setting it down. "Thanks!" the girl said, running off. Noah sighed, "Well that wasn't as fun as I thought."}

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
{"I... don't feel like giving out the information, sorry." Noah responded, preparing to leave, but she interrupted him. "Please answer my questions sir, I need this data for my work." she said, and Noah sighed and turned to her again "No." Noah walked away, sighing.}

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
{Noah turns to the trainer, "This might be fun..." he threw his Pixelball, releasing the Gyrados. "Woah... big guy there..." the trainer said, "Yeah, he's my Pixelmon. So are we gonna battle or what?" Noah responded, staring at the guy, which he responded with "Rattata, bite!" he yelled as the Rattata lunged and nimbled on the skin of the Gyrados, it barely flinching. "Twister, go!" The Gyrados attacked the Rattata and flung into the trainer. "Woah! That's... pretty awesome!" the trainer exclaimed, looking at the Gyrados. "So are we gonna continue the battle? You Rattata doesn't seem down yet." Noah asked, looking at him. "Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm satisfied for now... I guess. I don't want to waste time here." He said as he retrieved the Rattata and ran out. "What was that supposed to mean...?" Noah said, sighing.}
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: PixelUnitato's (third) Application

Hello! Before I review your application I would like for you to answer some questions to clear things up. You said this is your third application / third time coming here. Does this mean you have already applied before, and if so were you accepted?

If you were accepted you do not need to reapply, simply post a character profile in character profiles subforum and mention that it's a re-roll (also please say what your username was before, since I could not find your current username mentioned in the forums). If you were not accepted the last time let me know and I'll go ahead and review this!

Thank you for your patience and hope you have a good weekend <3
SpasmicUnitato
MC name: PixelUnitato

I was accepted, my other forum username was PixelZGaming_YT (stupid username, I know), and my old username was the same.

Last time I came back, I wanted to make a new character and they said I had to post it in here. So I just did the same thing.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Ah, there was some old rules before about that, but to put pressure off of the App-Team and just make it streamlined, you just post a character profile now for any new characters~ If you have a new account please mention it somewhere there so that can get whitelisted / rerolled! Sorry for the confusion!
Welcome back by the way ^^

I'd add a little bit to your bio about how & why they came to Toro btw - unless he was born there? It was a bit vague - and if you'd like to be born in Cobalt, that'd be fine since you're a vet of the server / but it might still be a bit easier to be moving to Toro so you aren't lost on all of what happened in Toro. Anyways, you can find whatever tips, tricks, and profile template here!

Return to “Inactive Applications”