SYLS APPLICATION

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Ursulathequeen
MC name: skyekitten333

SYLS APPLICATION

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: skyekitten333
Where did you hear about us: tumblr
Tell us a little about yourself:
Ive gamed for three years and I love it to death and my favorite category is rpg games. Combining minecraft and RPG game would be AMAZING

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
REALLY ADVANCED PLAYING PRETEND
What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to thegame universe outside of the game itself.

What is power-gaming?
Power gaming is a style of interacting with games or game-like systems, particularly video games, board games, and role-playing games, with the aim of maximizing progress towards a specific goal, to the exclusion of other considerations such as storytelling, atmosphere and camaraderie.
What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short, is a literary device in which new information is added to already established facts in the continuity of a fictional work
What is a Mary Sue?
The character type of the common hero/heroine.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IN character: your RP-ing or acting and OOC: you are yourself.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
No, sadly I do not.
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing:
Adamas is a Cliffside village with a breeder and many homes.

Describe Pix Co.: A bigot company that seems to generally get on everyone’s nerves.
—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Syl Ardsley
Age: Syl is 16 however she acts and is commonly mistaken for older.
Appearance:
Long black jet hair, torn clothes from rough ups and more piercings then deemed appropriate for a girl in the 1950’s. She appears scrawny weak due to the fact that all her clothes used to be her brothers and is far too big for her (She hates shopping). She has freckles all over her face. She has a terrible case of resting ***** face, which causes her to get into more fights then she’d like.
Personality:
Even though she looks hard and tough, Syl has all the characteristics of a mother and a housewife; she constantly hides this fact due to the fact that she hates it about herself. She is rather insecure; she hides this as well, but will beat you to a pulp if you make fun of her too much. She constantly is chewing gum to curb her smoking habit. She doesn’t wear make-up or do her hair and nails. She despises sexism and will stand up for herself or other woman when she needs too. She’s a bit of a thrill seeker.

Biography:
Syl grew up in a rough neighborhood near a polluted river. After getting expelled from school for fighting a teacher, she gets kicked out of the house and decides to head to the Toro region where no one will know her. Her alcoholic father and smoking mother send her out the door with nothing but a pack of gum and her mudkip. Her father, once a successful Pokémon breeder, simply told her that there was a breeder who could teach her some things in Adamas. So she took the first bus she could to the Toro legion.

Flaws: Doesn’t understand sarcasm, fights a lot, thrill seeker.
Ambitions: To become a Pokémon breeder and care for the Pokémon that people think are scary or ugly.
Starter Pixelmon: Mudkip
Skin:

—Open Response Questions—

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Untrusting, Syl simply ignores the women and walks away. If the woman were to follow Syl would climb a tree to avoid her.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Without a single change in expression Syl would send out her pokemon and begin battle. She doesn't particularly care if she wins or loses as long as she gets stronger from the experience.
Last edited by Ursulathequeen on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: SYLS APPLICATION

Hello! I'm Misha and I'll be whitelisting your app today. Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy. Anyhow, I'll just get right on it~

—Roleplay & Lore Questions—
• I appreciate your honesty in your description of roleplaying, but please try to rewrite this section with some more detail and proper English.
• Please use your OWN WORDS for Meta-gaming, Power-gaming, and Retroactive Continuity (Or Ret-con for short).
• Please add more detail on Mary-Sues.
• You must go into more detail on the city you chose and have a factual description of Pix Co. (in your own words).

—General Character Questions—
• I can allow her name, I would just like to comment that it does a tad unusual (Syl is more of a nickname). I can allow this; I just wanted to note that.
• Again, I appreciate your honesty, I'd refrain from using curses (even if censored) in your character's appearance description however. In addition, appearance sections need to be 5 sentences long.
• Your biography before getting kicked out / sent to Toro must be expanded upon! Perhaps have something that explains her apparently aggressive / anti-social personality? There are tips on writing a biography here!
• You must upload a skin (preferably to imgur) and link it.

—Open Response Questions—
For this part you're gonna have to be a tad more creative and go into more detail! How does your character react or feel about whatever happens? Add more dialogue or actions- and feel free to roleplay for the other character(s) in this situation. Just do enough to make it fit the one paragraph (5 sentence) requirement.

Other than these your app overall is alright! Once you edit it just post a reply so I know, and if you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to post them or contact me on skype at Mishakiara. Thank you for applying, hope to see your app fixed up soon~

Return to “Inactive Applications”