Summoner's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Summoner
MC name: Lithiel_Everlast

Summoner's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Lithiel_Everlast
Where did you hear about us: I googled trying to find a decent pixelmon roleplay server, and thus her eI am.
Tell us a little about yourself:

—Roleplay Questions—

What is roleplaying? Enacting a simulation of a fantastical situation, by assuming the role of a written and or designed character, one of a cast of characters played by multiple people. Some roleplays have a skeleton plot to follow, others can be more improve. (this is not a must, one can play alone)

What is meta-gaming? Meta gamming occurs when outside information ( known by the player) is known also by their in-game character for no supported reason. Ex. Character 1, suddenly realized they are about to be kidnapped, by character 2, even though nothing has happened in the story to inform that character otherwise of the event.

What is power-gaming? Power gaming occurs when a player has their character pull feats unsupported by their character’s history or stats. For example: in battle, if a player says their character avoided a hit when their stats are inferior to the attackers, and they did not roll a proper evasion.

What is retroactive continuity? “Retcon” is when something is taken back after it has already occurred. Sometimes this can be a decision made for the sake of the players when something goes wrong, or doesn’t make sense, so players involved can all agree to rewind the scene from a certain point. This can also be abused when a player isn’t satisfied with later events, and decides to act as if previous things didn’t happen to serve their own needs.

What is a Mary Sue? A Mary- Sue or Gary-Stu; in simplest terms is a character with no balance of pros and cons in their description, lacks any believable flaws, and excels at too many positives without proper evidence to support it. They are prone to possessing traits also garishly outlandish for the setting in which they are based.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? It is when a player’s character is speaking and this is acknowledged by the game scenario, or when a player is speaking for themselves and this has no effect on the roleplay itself.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Yes. I’ve been roleplaying for over 10 years.

—In-Game Lore Questions—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: A village on the sea side named Adamas is a lovely remote place were people can enjoy the scenery.
Describe Pix Co.: The pixel Corperation is a unified franchise corporation panning a multifaceted venue, it encompasses almost everything: from technology, science, healthcare, and retail to name a few. It’s responsible for the technology which sustains the world (theme) behind the harnessing of pixelmon. It’s HQ is settled in Aurelia.

—General Character Questions—

Full name: Leeloo Tlell

Appearance: A rather fragile girl with long light brown hair tied up on top of her head with a white bow. Despite being a woman of color she is noticeable paler then her mother or father and this is not accident. She frequently has circles under her eyes when she’s not at her best. Standing at 5feet tall, she wears a shawl around her shoulders and a white sundress with lace trim and stockings with leather shoes. She carries a rather impressive item, a vintage camera on a leather strap draped around her neck. She carries this camera everywhere and aside from pokeballs, film is the other packed thing she keeps stock of. (Specially a Selfix 220 model) She inherited her mother’s blue eyes.

Personality: Beneath a quiet exterior is a famished need for adventure. Leeloo has a lot to prove having a bit of trouble growing up, but nothing to shatter her spirit as of yet. She grew up in an ethnic home with scientific minds, meaning she was well educated, even if she had to be homeschool half the time. She listened to her father’s stories about his own travels gathering data on pixelmon and her mother’s about her homeland- some distant island off the coast of the Toro region. While she didn’t get as much a mind for tinkering, she did get an interest in photography and exploration and this turned into a fiery passion when she graduated and became old enough to set on her own ambitions. Leeloo is one to take quiet observation of things first (especially after become a photographer), but when approached she is quiet the elaborate thinker, perhaps a little on the snobbish side, as she takes manners quite seriously. She as a soft spot( perhaps dotting side) towards her own pixelmon, Rain especially to compensate for the creature constant guardianship and care for her person. She keeps more insecure feelings regarding her health to herself and is extremely shy when it comes to men and topics of ‘personal interest’. She may be smart, but she is quiet naïve, and understands that cannot be remedied by remaining cooped up at home.

Biography: Leeloo’s grandmother and grandfather are first nation from a region outside of Toro, a group of islands off the coast from Adamas Village. Leeloo’s mother left and immigrated to Ferrite to continue her carrier in scientific research regarding pokeballs, where she met her husband a ranger who made periodic visits to the institute where they met to talk about calibrations to handle more difficult captures. Leeloo was born 5 years later after the couple was married for 3 years. Things were fine till Leeloo seemed be getting fevers frequently from the age of 5. Thinking a fresher environment would help her recover they moved to Adamas Village where she eventually attended school but graduated 2 years late due to constantly being absent. Still the move did help, Leeloo grew and graduated, setting her sights on photography. Fascinated by the many pokemon her father described, Leeloo developed aspirations of becoming a photographer and chronicler of new types and rare species. But convincing her parents she was capable of surviving on her own took a few more years. She eventually convinced her parents, got their blessing, and set off on her own journey with a trusty "care" companion, a trained Riolu named Rain. Leeloo has since recorded her findings and captures precious photos which she takes sparingly with much thought and precision. She develops them in the main cities she visited and sent them home via mail to be cataloged.

Flaws: Leeloo makes up for her physical limitations with stubbornness. But stubbornness is also her vice. She doesn’t always know when to quit, thinking she has something to prove and will only relent when Rain starts to act worried. She doesn’t like hats, claiming they give her migraines. Just like in her childhood she gets fevers often, she was diagnosed with ‘hereditary periodic fever syndrome’ but as expected with time she is slowly growing out of it. What used to be a weekly occurrence, has dwindled down to a biweekly issue and it does put a hamper on her journey’s progress, making the girl have to rest or tuck into an inn every so often if it’s particularly serious. Her curiousity is rather untempered, needing more dicipline when it comes to investigating, perhaps more tact. When she's frustrated she'll make a strange 'rawr' sound, this appears to be some habit she picked up somewhere as a child from watching pokemon.

Ambitions: To be a Pixelmon Photographer and Chronicler.

Starter Pixelmon: Riolu.

Skin: Image

—Open Response Questions—

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

“Oh dear- let’s take a look now shall we?” Leeloo, repsonds and adjusting her satchel she takes the child’s hand gently and asks her to lead her to the tree. Rain pads along beside them, making a small ‘Bark!’ in concern to the child’s distraught nature. When they come upon the tree Leeloo approaches, crossing her arms in thought. She wasn’t the best climber, but she could give it a try if worse came to worse. Even so, it was best to see if there was an alternative way to get the creature down first. “- tell me little one- how did this happen? Was your Meowth scared by something?” Perhaps if the creature wasn’t frightened anymore it might figure out how to climb back down. Or- if it wasn’t scared, perhaps she could try luring it down with a berry?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

“Excuse me!” she huffed putting her hand on her hips. “I don’t remember agreeing to engage in a pixelmon battle! You have some very bad manners…” Rain growls at her side, ears twitching, and Leeloo puts a hand on her companions head to calm him. “I don’t engage in a fight without addressing each other properly and I certainly won’t do so with someone who obviously has NO respect for others. Find yourself some ‘other’ CHUMP to feed your ego sir- Good day!” and with that she turns on her heel and walks in another direction, the opitamy of indignation. Her Riolu barks a few more good times before bounding after her.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Summoner's Application

Hello there! I'm Mish and I'll be reviewing your app. I would like to start off with... this app is absolutely amazing overall! I can tell you put a lot of work into it and I applaud that, there is however a few things that might cause conflict/needs changing before I can go ahead and accept you though~

—Roleplay Questions—
- Your description of power-gaming, while it is something to be avoided, isn't exactly what it means for our server. You'll need to change it a bit, I recommend adding an example and/or how one can avoid powergaming. We have a guide containing our description of it and examples [here].

- You mentioned 'calibrations' after mentioning her father was a ranger. At this time capture stylers do not exist (from what I'm aware)!

- To avoid confusion we highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should.

Otherwise... the rest of the app is absolutely amazing- and your art is adorable as heck! I hope to see you fix this up soon, and if you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to let someone know or add me on skype at Mishakiara! Thank you for applying, once you fix those things I should be able to accept you soon~
Summoner
MC name: Lithiel_Everlast

- You mentioned 'calibrations' after mentioning her father was a ranger. At this time capture stylers do not exist (from what I'm aware)!

- I'm sorry this is a mistake on my end I think. This isn't about like custom balls or " capture styles" (<< not even sure what that is) I'm trying to describ a vauge thing since the technology is still ebing produced.
Basically, what I'm trying to describ is when ever something is being invented, having knowledge of where or what the thing is being used for is still an essential part of it's production. Like asking a hunter- what they deal with, what game they hunt, what is the area like, all that data helps inform the creators how they might think the object in question has to be crafted (overall). Thats why her father was a ranger. He came into (insert whatever place pixelballs are made) and filled out questionairs about the places he's been. I'd asume all the data he provides gives the designers an overall idea of how a pixelball needs to operate.
any suggestions how I can better word this???

BUT givin your other issues I can come up with another way he operates. But please let mw know what you think.
I can have them maybe move back to her island homeland after they met, thats no problem ^^

Working on it now <3 thanks for the review
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Hello! So from what I can gather, your character's father gathered/reported information on the wild areas and their inhabitants? If that's the situation you can just say that he came periodically to the institute to report new information he learnt about the area as a Ranger.

Hope that helps! Once you make your changes please post again, can't wait to see~

Return to “Inactive Applications”