edawg3211's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
edawg3211
MC name: edawg3211

edawg3211's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: edawg3211
Where did you hear about us: Reddit
Tell us a little about yourself: I love to play video games and am a nerd for anything Nintendo. I have been a fan of Pokémon since I was little and also love Minecraft.

—Roleplay Questions—

What is roleplaying? Playing a fictional character.
What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is taking outside information and using it during roleplay.
What is power-gaming? Power-gaming is basically avoiding or not roleplaying.
What is retroactive continuity? Retcon is changing facts of events in the past.
What is a Mary Sue? A perfect character who has no flaws.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In character is speaking while roleplaying while out of character is speaking as your real self.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? No but I'm creative.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Viridis is a small town of nature with many farms. It's current mayor is Benji Charne. There is a gym that specializes in grass run by the Gym Leader, Netlia Ross.
Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co. is a multinational business founded in 980 by Eleanor Watanabe. It is now run by Leonardo Vitucci. Pixel Co.'s inventions include the pixelball, the healing station, the PC, and the fossil station.
—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Elijah Skye
Appearance: Brown Hair, Blue eyes, Skinny, Average Height
Personality: Introverted but able to socialize, Curious, Kind, Smart, Adventurous, Outdoorsy, Logical, Sympathetic
Biography: Elijah was born in Fortree City to a single mother. From birth, Elijah was always a bright minded kid with a curiosity like none other. Elijah always had a passion for battling but also a determination to learn about the world around him. Elijah grew up around Pokémon and when he was 7, stumbled upon a lost torchic. This torchic grew to be Elijah's best friend. Elijah loved the Hoenn region and never thought he would leave, but his curiosity led him to see what the nearby Toro region had to hold. Elijah also believes many of the beliefs of Mewism, but doesn't
Flaws: Lonely, Self Conscious, Self-critical, Awkward at times.
Ambitions: Explore the world and grow a stronger bond with Pokémon.
Starter Pixelmon: torchic
Skin: http://www.minecraftskins.com/thumbnail ... 423611.png

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Just calm down," said Elijah, "it's going to be alright." Elijah quickly followed the girl and devised a plan. "You stand here, I've got a plan." Elijah quickly pulled out his pokeball. "Torchic! Go! Use tackle at half power on that tree." Torchic tackled the tree and Meowth dropped into the girls arms. "Thank you so much!" said the little girl. "No problem! Have a good day!"

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

"Well... Alright... I guess I'll battle," said Elijah, "but could I at least get your name?"
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: edawg3211's Application

Hello! App team member Misha here to review your app! Thank you for applying, there's just a few things that'll need to be revise / expanded upon before I can accept you however~

—Roleplay Questions—
- Your description of power-gaming isn't technically wrong, however it doesn't show that you know exactly what it means for our server or how it could happen in RP. I recommend adding more examples on how it could happen in roleplay and/or how one can avoid powergaming. We have a guide containing our description of it and examples [here].

—General Character Questions—
- There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. You only met this requirement for the biography. Personality wise I recommend going into more details about how he acts towards others. Does he act differently around strangers and/or friends? Use sentences rather than just single words to describe his behavior.
- For his biography, although it technically fits the length requirements, maybe expand more on his childhood, his social life, education, etc. That kinda information would be good to think about to help develop a better personality for him. In addition, it seems to cut off a little bit.
- I would like for you to mention how he got to Toro specifically and how he might've heard of it.
- The skin does not fit with the 1950s aesthetic of the server, please choose another skin which might fit better.

—Open Response Questions—
You only have one response that fits the paragraph requirement. Here is the advice I give most people...

For this part you're gonna have to be a tad more creative and go into more detail! How does your character react or feel about whatever happens? Add dialogue or actions- and feel free to roleplay for the other character(s) in this situation. Just do enough to make it fit the one paragraph requirement at least!

—Misc—
- We use the words 'Pixel' in replacement of Poke, so we have Pixelmon and Pixelballs.

Once you edit your application to go over my concerns please let us know by posting a reply! If you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to contact me through PMs, make a post on the forums somewhere, or contact me on skype at Mishakiara! Thank you for applying and I do hope to see you fix it up and try again~

Return to “Inactive Applications”