IronSpider's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
IronSpider9000
MC name: IronSpider9000

IronSpider's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: IronSpider9000

Where did you hear about us: I just was looking for a small whitelisted server.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a normal guy, I guess. I'm good in school, but also I'm pretty chill. I'm a huge comic fan, specifically Marvel. I'm pretty outgoing, typically fairly easy for me to meet new people, so I'm sure it'll be fine if I joined y'all. I'm good at roleplaying, it's something I like doing.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?: I think of Roleplaying as like, acting pretty much. I'm in actor in real life, I do competitive One-Act plays at my school. So roleplaying is just like, taking the role of a character, and in this case, I just play the part of a Pokemon trainer. I think it would be totally awesome.

What is meta-gaming?: It's like, you in real life know what's going on in the story line, and you're searching for something or another in character. Your roleplaying character has no clue where the item is, but your real life self does, and you're using your knowledge to help your roleplaying character find it.

What is power-gaming?: Interrupting others RP by giving yourself absurd advantages, pretty much.

What is retroactive continuity?: It's basically lying. Say your character and this other character interact, and you make a storyline. Later you come back to it, and try to change what happened previously.

What is a Mary Sue?: Whatever you want me to say, pretend I said it. I have no clue.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: In character is your roleplaying character, out of character is just you in real life talking, probably explaining a situation for a roleplaying deal.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): Yep. :D

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Cobalt is a town, on the edge of the ocean. The people in the town are close, and are being represented by an Anchor because that's totally what they are.

Describe Pix Co.:

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Iron Spider

Appearance: Just a regular guy, normal,

Biography: Once a scientist, but after a lab experiment gone wrong, I was fired. I became a Pokemon trainer at the age of 12, and followed the footsteps of my dad.

Personality: Fun loving, adventurous, maybe a little crazy, and just nice.

Flaws: I have tendencies to make terrible (not inappropriate, just cheesy) jokes at horrible times, because I hate confrontation.

Ambitions: Catch em all!! And help out anyone I can.

Starter Pixelmon: Bulbasaur.

Skin: http://www.needcoolshoes.com/skin/u7QTP/iron-spider

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
"No worries, young lass." Iron begins to climb the tree, noting that with each reach, the Meowth crawls farther away. His right arm reaches for a branch, that seems to be sturdy enough to grasp so he can reach for the next branch. The branch breaks, Iron is left swaying back in forth with his left arm hanging on. Iron heroically grasps another branch quickly, and with one swift move, grabs the Meowth, and jumps down.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
With a great smile, he cheerfully answers, "I came from the future, I'm here to save the world from an evil power known as the Galligoleo rock. It emits a radiation that will soon destroy humanity, and pokemon alike, as we know it." Slight pause waiting for a reaction... "Nah, I'm just playing. I'm from distant lands, I came here to find Pokemon, and I plan to battle as many people as possible."

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
"Go, Bulbasaur! It's an easy battle, this guy probably microwaves his poptarts." Iron shouts as he releases Bulbasaur onto the playing field.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Re: IronSpider's Application

Howdy Hi! Name's Vernon, your friendly neighborhood application man! We're happy you're applying for Toro! So without anymore dumb banter with me, let's go through your app.

Before we start, I'd like to apologize for the wait. Things have been hectic for me.

Most of your definitions are spot on. The only two I have issues with is Retcon and Mary Sue. If you're confused as to what to put down for these, look at some accepted applications, and write their definitions in your own words.

Moving on, you failed to describe Pix. Co. I'm going to need you to actually do that.

Next, we have your character. Your character's descriptions and everything is...short, very brief. We do require a 1 paragraph minimum describing your character in every field.

I'd also like to point out your character's name isn't really a name. In many instances we have allowed players to use their usernames as names, but yours is hard to argue as a name, I cannot find it within myself to allow you to use that name. Perhaps Iron can be a nickname, but it cannot be his birth name.

Your open responses are also short, so if you could please expand that to a paragraph at least on each response, that'd be great.

Anyways, sorry again for the wait. Just bump this thread after correcting your post and I'll come back to look at it, sooner than it took me the first time. Good luck!

Return to “Inactive Applications”