Whitelist Application - HobblingHobbit

Hobblinghobbit
MC name: HobblingHobbit

Whitelist Application - HobblingHobbit

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: HobblingHobbit
Where did you hear about us: Empaul mentioned this server to me.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a roleplayer from a medieval light fantasy roleplay server called Massivecraft, where I've run special permission characters and a registered noble family. I'm just looking for some fresh roleplay.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is the act of portraying a character and interacting with other characters and the world from their perspective.
What is meta-gaming?: Metagaming is using information you discovered Out Of Character (OOC) In Character (IC) regardless of the fact that your character would never have known such information.
What is power-gaming?: To put it simply, power-gaming is forcing an interaction, emotion, or action on to another character.
What is retroactive continuity?: The voiding or ignoring of past interactions or events to benefit yourself.
What is a Mary Sue?: A character which follows one or many stereotypes or tropes.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: IC is interactions you have during roleplay, while OOC is interactions you have while not in roleplay.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): I do. I mentioned Massivecraft above.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality.]
Full name: Elias Fennick Loveridge
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Elias was second born to Barsali and Asaélla Loveridge, among his two siblings Barsali Jr. and Maireni. The family lived outside the Twinleaf town in a trailor close by a lake. The Loveridge Household closely observed the Kahavii faith, and while most of his family clung to Uxie in their troubled times, the young Elias with his passion for music sought Mesprit's aide. It his to the spirit of emotion that Elias in fact, attributes to meeting his starter pixelmon Chatot at age eleven. Finding the little bird pixelmon in an injured state, Elias nursed Chatot back to health with the assistance of his parents. As Elias aged and wandered about the limits of Twinleaf and Sandgem town, his wanderlust grew and eventually he would leave home to explore the Sinnoh region as many other youth do. He has been a vagabond and wanderer ever since. He most recently arrived in the city of Viridis in the Toro region.

Flaws: Aside from the personality flaws mentioned in the personality section, Elias is near illiterate, and can only recognize a few city names and frequent destinations such as pokecenters, pokemarts, and the police station.
Ambitions: To live a life free of worldly burdens.

Starter Pixelmon: Chatot
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
http://imgur.com/a/osGeZ

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the scenarios you choose. Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Elias would attempt to give the small girl a pat on the head, and regardless of her reaction he would send his Chatot to circle the tree and locate the Meowth. Depending on the situation and relative success of the search (rolls and such) Chatot would either return with nothing to show or indicate to Elias where Meowth might be. Elias would then attempt to climb the tree and retrieve the meowth for her. Should he fail, Elias would further console the girl and apologize for failing to retrieve her Meowth, and he would further seek out other assistance from NPC's or player characters. Should he succeed, Elias would promptly return the Meowth and be about his business, refusing any sort of reward or thanks.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

NA

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

"Welp!" Elias would sound off as the trainer yelled across the road, glancing up to his shoulder to spy his bewildered and seemingly irritated Chatot. "Yes, yes. I know we were supposed to enjoy our walk, but we can't very well refuse a battle." he said, giving the bird a quick scratch on the wing. "Alright!" he replied, shouting back at the Trainer as his Rattata made a hasty approach, "We'll give you a run for your money! Go Chatot!" The bird would launch of his shoulder at a moderate pace, soaring into the air just above the trainer's Rattata. "Let's give 'em some chatter aye Chatot!?" Elias would bark into the air, Chatot swooping down with a shrill Rattata-like screech echoing from his mouth.
Last edited by Hobblinghobbit on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Whitelist Application - HobblingHobbit

Hi! Sorry for the short delay, but thank you for applying! Before we can accept you, can you change a few details to just make sense for the lore of our server & or make it easier for you?

The fact that your character lived by a trailer next to a lake would be fine, but there's no such place really near Viridis in game, and that might be weird to roleplay. As in, if your character wants to bring someone home, there's no place in game to signify that. Not to mention that your character would probably known all the happenings of Toro over the past 23 years, and while OOCLY you can pick things up from reading the forums, it might not list everything that would make sense for your character to know! Understandably he is illiterate and or may not pay attention to the news, but Toro is a really strange region. For that, we don't typically let new players start in Toro unless they're really sure.

If you want to avoid all that though, you can simply say your character came from another region, and include a simple reason for why or how they traveled to Toro.

Hopefully that makes sense, it's all in your best interests, especially since Viridis isn't the type of town to have trailers near it. Viridis IS really close to the airport though, and the first city one would meet when you get off the plane! That or there is always travelling by boat or what not.

One other nitpicky is if you can replace the mention of Pokemon with Pixelmon - the term we use on the server, that'd be perfect.

Otherwise, everything looks about fine! ^^

http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... =64&t=2283 - Here is a link to a good resource post to read.
Hobblinghobbit
MC name: HobblingHobbit

Fairly certain I made all the required edits. Thanks for the warm welcomes! When can I be whitelisted?
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Thank you very much for the edits, thank you again, and once more, welcome to Toro!
You've been whitelisted!

After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to PM if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype or Discord group! Though Discord is much more active. and better.

Return to “Accepted Applications”