TheCreatorT's Application

TheCreatorT
MC name: TheCreatorT

TheCreatorT's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: TheCreatorT
Where did you hear about us: Looked Pokemon Roleplaying; you seemed to be one of the only few
Tell us a little about yourself: College kid who enjoys roleplaying; I have a lot of MC fantasy Roleplay and DnD, just looking to expand

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Role-playing is pretending to be another character and talking and acting like said character.
What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is using information you learned strictly outside OOCly inside RP, such as having your character knowing or acting upon it.
What is power-gaming? Power-gaming is forcing your character's actions (or other actions somehow emoted by you) upon other characters without their permission or without letting them have a reaction.
What is retroactive continuity? Retcon; when new information contradicts, changes, or modifies existing lore or ideas.
What is a Mary Sue? A Mary Sue is a 'basic' character; often it is an idealized, has no flaws, and otherwise perfect, but it can apply to other concepts such as a standard anti-hero, depending on the definition.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC is actions, talking, etc that happens within RP. OOC are such talks, actions, etc outside of RP.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Yup; Uthrandir and Thegar.

-In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)-
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Cobalt, aptly named for their theme of water. The major port town of Toro, it is home of the biggest docks in the region and the Toro Shipping Company. It is a well known spot for tourists and those on vacations, with many restaurants and shops to appeal to all. Going along with their Water theme, they proudly hail the Wailord as their mascot, and host the Water Gym for trainers to battle in.
Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co is a multinational company, responsible for re-invigorating the act of catching Pixelmon with their reinvented Pixelball. Their headquarters is in Toro, where they own the regional hydro-electric plant and a couple labs. Unfortunately, there is good reason for concern that the company is turning into a monopoly.

-General Character Questions-
[ There is a one full paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Risto Abram
Appearance: Standing at 5 foot 9 inches, Risto is a slender lad, who's untanned skin and semi-formal attire makes it seem like he was kept indoors from an early age, perhaps to work as a business man. However, upon further examination, one can see he does has well-defined muscles, along with more than occasional scar from his various activities. He has long black hair and brown eyes, and always seems to walk with a slouch. Risto usually sports khakis or slacks, depending on the occasion, dress shoes, suspenders, and a fedora.
Personality: Risto at first glance seems relaxed and easy-going, always humming to himself and doing sometimes random things. However, once one gets to know him, it will quickly be revealed that Risto has a deep sense of honor; he keeps his promises, helps those in need, and will generally be patient with his rivals and opponents, and even help them if he deems right. He prefers to make fast friends, and easy to trust new people. He is very patient when it comes to activities, waiting for the perfect moment to strike or to take the perfect photo. Risto does try push himself, but he never sacrifices it for fun.
Biography: Risto was the first-born into a family of wealthy artists in Kanto; not the stuck up or 'let him express himself man!' kind, but just regular, kind parents who happened to be good artists. At a young age, however, Risto was a trouble-maker; while his parents were painting or making sculptures, Risto would be running with the local boys, stealing candy, vandalizing and other petty crimes. His parents couldn't do anything about it until Risto's little sister, Mary Ann, came into the world. Finally, Risto found a reason to calm himself and stay at home, and eventually his trouble making days were over.
He joined school, and discovered his love of fencing. Through many years of practice, Risto started to win youth tournaments and the like. He also discovered Swing music, and put the rest of his pent up energy into that. One would almost expect him to be popular throughout his adolescence and teenage years, but he proved too awkward; his sense of honor gained from fencing pissed some off, while he was flabbergasted towards any girls who talked to him, scaring others away. He had a few friends, but was mostly lonely and felt his accomplishments went unnoticed by his peers.
However, he eventually started to overcome these obstacles, and made it to college. During this time, Risto became one of the best youth fencers in the region, winning his fair share of tournaments. He was generally happier in school, with more and better friends and more time to do what he loved, until his mother died. Risto was forced to take care of his father, who had fallen into a depression, so he had to take a hiatus to fencing, quickly losing any glory he once had. Eventually, he returned to college and graduated with an Arts Degree. However, to him the degree was a fluke; he had no desire to be an artist or have any job of sorts; he still wanted to fence and be free, but due to his hiatus he was no longer able to get the status he was once able to. So, despite his father's protests, he saved up his money, gathered his things, and decided to move to the Toro region, to continue his passions as a free spirit.
Flaws: Honor can be a fickle thing, which can cause Risto to do some unsavory acts. Risto is gullible and honorable to a fault; he will easily fall for tricks and give his rivals an advantage or time to recover when it is clearly not the appropriate time. He also has suppressed anger issues; those who make him angry will find out it is very hard to calm him down, and while doing so he may lose control. Risto also has no idea how to deal with love; those he falls for can expect an awkward time. Risto also is very afraid of death, more than most people. He will lay awake at night, wondering about what happens next. Also, his randomness sometimes he remembers unsavory memories, which will prompt him to have mood swings.
Starter Pixelmon: Pawniard
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Risto would kneel to the girl's level, looking her directly in the eye. "It will be okay; show me where." Risto would then follow, and if able to climb up the tree. He would then attempt to soothe the Meowth, and bring it down.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Risto chuckles, "I must warn you laddy, it is more than likely my Pixelmon will overpower your single Rattata. I will duel you if you wish, but I would advise against it." If they battle, regardless of the results, Risto would approach and smile, congratulating the kid on the fight and paying him.
Last edited by TheCreatorT on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Re: TheCreatorT's Application

Hello there! We chatted briefly earlier, so I'm glad to see your application. What's here looks excellent! However, you've forgotten to answer the In-Game Lore Questions - if you'll redo those, that should be more than enough.
A more minor detail is that we still use the 1.7.10 skin format, so you'll have to move the suspender straps to the base layer. Nothing to worry about with that.

Once you're done with the edit, bump the thread and I'll come by to take another look. Thanks for applying!
TheCreatorT
MC name: TheCreatorT

Yup; my bad; I forgot to add that back in when it logged me out. I'll edit the skin at a later date.
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Alright, that looks great! You've been

You've been whitelisted! Once you're done installing the Modpack and Resource Pack, and allocate some more RAM, you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! If you have any questions, I highly recommend checking out the New Player Guide (a second time, anyways). Otherwise, or if you'd like to be added to the server's skype group, you can add me - the username's chakurano.

Return to “Accepted Applications”