WinterFaith's Application

WinterFaith
MC name: WinterFaith

WinterFaith's Application

Minecraft Username: WinterFaith
Where did you hear about us: Well, I have been looking for serious roleplay Pixelmon minecraft servers for quite some time now. That's when I saw Toro League's page, and became interested.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm shy, and nervous, and self-conscious, but I'm friendly with family members and friends, and my brother thinks I'm quite nice and funny. I'm the youngest in my class, and I do okay in school. My family and friends encourage me, and overall, I'm quite happy, I like to joke and laugh with my closest friends, and I hope to make more good friends as my life continues.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is taking the role as a different character and playing out their life, feeling their thoughts and emotions, while having a fun time.

What is meta-gaming?: Simply put, Meta involves bringing information that is known OOC into an IC situation. For example. Suppose that I meet a person, and look at their player information. Their name is "George" My character doesn't know this information yet, so I cannot say "Hey George!"

What is power-gaming?: Power gaming is when you are playing the game in a way that prevents other roleplayers from fairly roleplaying, This can be done by either ignoring an action, or not allowing another person to respond to the previous action.

What is retroactive continuity?: Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short, is a literary device in which established facts in a fictional work are adjusted, ignored or contradicted by a subsequently published work otherwise intended to maintain continuity with the former.

What is a Mary Sue?: A Mary Sue is a so-called roleplayer who is absolutely perfect, who has no flaws or fears, and is just plain annoying.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: IC, is when you are well, in your character, feeling their thoughts and emotions, responding to questions as that person would do in their world. OCC, is when you are only feeling your emotions and thought, responding and talking as you would in real life.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): I do, I roleplayed on other servers and websites for about a year, and I still do, I find roleplay interesting and fun.

-In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)-
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Carmine is the party town in Toro, it's a good place to explore, and there's unknown excitement around every single corner!!
Describe Pix Co.: Pixel Corporation, commonly known as pix co is the creator of the Pixel Ball and are based in Toro. They have also worked with other major companies like silph co and devon co to create other inventions to manage your pixelmon and to bring life back to the prehistoric fossil pixelmon

-General Character Questions-
[ There is a one full paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Emmy Sabrina Vaniwood
Appearance: A small girl with long, neatly brushed light green hair and bright green eyes. She wears a pink shirt and blue shoes, along with her denim overalls. She is always seen wearing a green and yellow alolan flower in her hair, blue ribbons holding up two long plaits and a pocket on her overalls containing her Pixelballs. She is an average height of 5 feet and she has a relatively slim build. She has a narrow face with no make-up, just a bit of blush. A nose that is small sort of sloped. She usually has a massive grin on her face, thanks to her Pixelmon.

Personality: Emmy is very loud, she can't stay quiet for even a minute. She likes to laugh and joke around with her friends. Emmy is an excellent cook. She makes Pixel-Puffs for her pixelmon, and bakes cookies for her friends. Emmy has a massive interest in all pixelmon, and she's always cheery. Emmy likes to stay positive, and believe and support her friends and family in times when they need it most.

Biography: Emmy was born in the Alola region with her mother and brother. Her family lived there even after Emmy had set off on her adventure. Emmy enjoyed riding the local Skiddos around, and playing with friends.She would spend most of her time outside, roaming the island and beaches. Emmy's mother was a very successful battler, but even from a young age, Emmy knew she wanted to do something else with her life. She was about eight when her mother showed her the Pixelmon performers channel. Instantly, Emmy knew this was what she wanted to do. She wanted to become a Pixelmon performer! Her mother purchased her a notebook, in it she wrote what she would do once she became a perfomer. Her brother, Elijah, got his first pokemon when Emmy turned nine, it was a Squirtle. Elijah wanted to become a Pixelmon master, so he set out on a journey. Emmy missed her brother dearly, and wanted him back. It was later summer, and Emmy was turning ten in February. She went out on a walk, drawing wild pixelmon, when she fell into a creek, she got soaked, and nearly drowned, this blossomed her fear of water. Later, when she turned ten, she left home, kissing her mother goodbye, and setting out on her journey. She found a poster, and it landed on her face. It was a poster for the Toro region! Emmy knew there were other Performers there, she had to go! Later, she booked a flight to Toro, and her adventure is just beginning!

Flaws: Emmy is Hydrophobic, she is terrified of water, and water-type pokemon. She is also afraid of being judged and being called weak, and unable to battle because she's a girl. She is also quite afraid of being alone, because she trusts others, and is terrified of being left and stranded without anyone. She's also quite afraid of the following Pokemon: Ghastly, Gengar, Haunter, and Dragonite.

Ambitions: Emmy wants to become a Pixelmon performer, and form a strong bond between her and her pixelmon. She wants to be a successful performer, and make the audience smile. Emmy hopes she can make her father. (Who left when she was born.) Very proud of her. Emmy wants to meet other trainers, and journey with them, helping them complete their dreams.

Starter Pixelmon: Deerling (Spring form)

Skin: http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/1076 ... y-appears/

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?: Emmy looks at the little girl, she flinches, before nodding her agreement. "Deerling., come out!" Emmy yelled, throwing her Pixelball containing Deerling. into the air. "Alright, show us where Meowth is!" Emmy said, her green eyes sparkling with ambition. "He's up there! My Meowth is in that tree!" The little girl wailed. Emmy crouched down, looking at Deerling. "Deerling, I want you to climb up there and talk to Meowth, and tell it how worried the little girl is." Emmy told Deerling. "Deer, Deerling!" Shaymin agreed, bolting up the tree. Suddenly, a Meowth and Deerling slither back down, and the little girl squeaks with joy. "Thank you! Thank you! You saved Meowth!" The little girl squealed, hugging her Pixelmon tightly in her arms. Emmy smiled, walking off with Deerling by her side.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?: Emmy glanced at the woman for a moment, before smiling cheerfully. "Of course, I'll tell you everything!" Emmy laughed, continuing. "I just came from the Alola region" Emmy smiled The lady's eyes widened. "All the way from that island?! Wow!" She gasped, scribbling something on her clipboard. "I came here because I want to become a Pixelmon performer." Emmy replied, and the lady nodded, writing something down again. "And I plan to go around the whole Toro Region, performing in showcases." Emmy smiled, and the lady grinned. "Thank you, now what's your name, dear?" She asked. Emmy smiled.
"I'm Emmy Vaniwood."

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?: Emmy narrows her eyes. "You're messing with the wrong trainer!" Emmy shouts, taking her Pixelball out of her pocket. "Go, Deerling!" Emmy yells, as Deerling lands neatly on the ground. "Deerling, use Double Kick!" Emmy yells. Rattata screams, as Deerling's hooves hit it. As the smoke clears, Rattata was lying on the ground, unable to battle. "Good job, Deerling!" Emmy smiles, as she puts Deerling back in it's Pixelball. "Wow, that Deerling sure is strong." The boy sighs, putting Rattata back in his Pixelball. "Thanks for the battle." Emmy smiles, turning and walking off.
Last edited by WinterFaith on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WinterFaith

Re: WinterFaith's Application

Hope I get accepted. :D
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Hello! I'm Misha and I'll be reviewing your whitelist app. Overall it's nice, and the character is adorable, there is just a few things that'll need to be fixed up/noted before I can accept you~

• Your description for meta-gaming is just a tiny bit off, or the wording is a little bit off at least. You can peek around at the accepted apps or look for it in this guide to see what we're looking for.
• The outfit described is fine, but the overalls' pants in the skin are a a little short! If you can extend it then it should be fine. There also appears to be a pixel where you forgot to add the blue for the denim! [Link to see what I mean]
• In our current version of Pixelmon- 3.5.1- we sadly do not have Fennekin so you will have to pick another starter. Also make sure to edit the Open Responses to reflect whatever you choose for the starter. To note, you can choose any first-stage evolution Pixelmon so long as it is reasonable (so just no Fossils really).
• Nothing you have to fix, but I just wanna say that canon islands are fine and actually preferred, so having her come from Alola is perfect! Just make sure to note where she come from and why she came to Toro in specific (it can be generic 'saw a flyer' or whatever!

Once you get those small things done just let me know and I'll look it over! If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, feel free to post a reply or contact me on Skype under the username Mishakiara. Anywho, thank you for your interest in the server, and I hope to see this fixed! Have a nice day!
WinterFaith

Mishakiara wrote:Hello! I'm Misha and I'll be reviewing your whitelist app. Overall it's nice, and the character is adorable, there is just a few things that'll need to be fixed up/noted before I can accept you~

• Your description for meta-gaming is just a tiny bit off, or the wording is a little bit off at least. You can peek around at the accepted apps or look for it in this guide to see what we're looking for.
• The outfit described is fine, but the overalls' pants in the skin are a a little short! If you can extend it then it should be fine. There also appears to be a pixel where you forgot to add the blue for the denim! [Link to see what I mean]
• In our current version of Pixelmon- 3.5.1- we sadly do not have Fennekin so you will have to pick another starter. Also make sure to edit the Open Responses to reflect whatever you choose for the starter. To note, you can choose any first-stage evolution Pixelmon so long as it is reasonable (so just no Fossils really).
• Nothing you have to fix, but I just wanna say that canon islands are fine and actually preferred, so having her come from Alola is perfect! Just make sure to note where she come from and why she came to Toro in specific (it can be generic 'saw a flyer' or whatever!

Once you get those small things done just let me know and I'll look it over! If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, feel free to post a reply or contact me on Skype under the username Mishakiara. Anywho, thank you for your interest in the server, and I hope to see this fixed! Have a nice day!

Mk, all edited, and the skin is all fixed up! Here it is:

Where did you hear about us: Well, I have been looking for serious roleplay Pixelmon minecraft servers for quite some time now. That's when I saw Toro League's page, and became interested.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm shy, and nervous, and self-conscious, but I'm friendly with family members and friends, and my brother thinks I'm quite nice and funny. I'm the youngest in my class, and I do okay in school. My family and friends encourage me, and overall, I'm quite happy, I like to joke and laugh with my closest friends, and I hope to make more good friends as my life continues.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is taking the role as a different character and playing out their life, feeling their thoughts and emotions, while having a fun time.

What is meta-gaming?: Simply put, Meta involves bringing information that is known OOC into an IC situation. For example. Suppose that I meet a person, and look at their player information. Their name is "George" My character doesn't know this information yet, so I cannot say "Hey George!"

What is power-gaming?: Power gaming is when you are playing the game in a way that prevents other roleplayers from fairly roleplaying, This can be done by either ignoring an action, or not allowing another person to respond to the previous action.

What is retroactive continuity?: Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short, is a literary device in which established facts in a fictional work are adjusted, ignored or contradicted by a subsequently published work otherwise intended to maintain continuity with the former.

What is a Mary Sue?: A Mary Sue is a so-called roleplayer who is absolutely perfect, who has no flaws or fears, and is just plain annoying.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: IC, is when you are well, in your character, feeling their thoughts and emotions, responding to questions as that person would do in their world. OCC, is when you are only feeling your emotions and thought, responding and talking as you would in real life.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): I do, I roleplayed on other servers and websites for about a year, and I still do, I find roleplay interesting and fun.

Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Carmine is the party town in Toro, it's a good place to explore, and there's unknown excitement around every single corner!!
Describe Pix Co.: Pixel Corporation, commonly known as pix co is the creator of the Pixel Ball and are based in Toro. They have also worked with other major companies like silph co and devon co to create other inventions to manage your pixelmon and to bring life back to the prehistoric fossil pixelmon

[ There is a one full paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Appearance: A small girl with long, neatly brushed light green hair and bright green eyes. She wears a pink shirt and blue shoes, along with her denim overalls. She is always seen wearing a green and green alolan flower in her hair, blue ribbons holding up two long plaits and a pocket on her overalls containing her Pixelballs. She is an average height of 5 feet and she has a relatively slim build. She has a narrow face with no make-up, just a bit of blush. A nose that is small sort of sloped. She usually has a massive grin on her face, thanks to her Pixelmon.

Personality: Emmy is very loud, she can't stay quiet for even a minute. She likes to laugh and joke around with her friends. Emmy is an excellent cook. She makes Pixel-Puffs for her pixelmon, and bakes cookies for her friends. Emmy has a massive interest in all pixelmon, and she's always cheery. Emmy likes to stay positive, and believe and support her friends and family in times when they need it most.

Biography: Emmy was born in the Alola region with her mother and brother. Her family lived there even after Emmy had set off on her adventure. Emmy enjoyed riding the local Skiddos around, and playing with friends.She would spend most of her time outside, roaming the island and beaches. Emmy's mother was a very successful battler, but even from a young age, Emmy knew she wanted to do something else with her life. She was about eight when her mother showed her the Pixelmon performers channel. Instantly, Emmy knew this was what she wanted to do. She wanted to become a Pixelmon performer! Her mother purchased her a notebook, in it she wrote what she would do once she became a perfomer. Her brother, Elijah, got his first pokemon when Emmy turned nine, it was a Squirtle. Elijah wanted to become a Pixelmon master, so he set out on a journey. Emmy missed her brother dearly, and wanted him back. It was later summer, and Emmy was turning ten in February. She went out on a walk, drawing wild pixelmon, when she fell into a creek, she got soaked, and nearly drowned, this blossomed her fear of water. Later, when she turned ten, she left home, kissing her mother goodbye, and setting out on her journey. She found a poster, and it landed on her face. It was a poster for the Toro region! Emmy knew there were other Performers there, she had to go! Later, she booked a flight to Toro, and her adventure is just beginning!

Flaws: Emmy is Hydrophobic, she is terrified of water, and water-type pokemon. She is also afraid of being judged and being called weak, and unable to battle because she's a girl. She is also quite afraid of being alone, because she trusts others, and is terrified of being left and stranded without anyone. She's also quite afraid of the following Pokemon: Ghastly, Gengar, Haunter, and Dragonite.

Ambitions: Emmy wants to become a Pixelmon performer, and form a strong bond between her and her pixelmon. She wants to be a successful performer, and make the audience smile. Emmy hopes she can make her father. (Who left when she was born.) Very proud of her. Emmy wants to meet other trainers, and journey with them, helping them complete their dreams.

Starter Pixelmon: Deerling. (If Deerling is not in the mod, then Bulbasaur)

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?: Emmy looks at the little girl, she flinches, before nodding her agreement. "Deerling., come out!" Emmy yelled, throwing her Pixelball containing Deerling. into the air. "Alright, show us where Meowth is!" Emmy said, her green eyes sparkling with ambition. "He's up there! My Meowth is in that tree!" The little girl wailed. Emmy crouched down, looking at Deerling. "Deerling, I want you to climb up there and talk to Meowth, and tell it how worried the little girl is." Emmy told Deerling. "Deer, Deerling!" Shaymin agreed, bolting up the tree. Suddenly, a Meowth and Deerling slither back down, and the little girl squeaks with joy. "Thank you! Thank you! You saved Meowth!" The little girl squealed, hugging her Pixelmon tightly in her arms. Emmy smiled, walking off with Deerling by her side.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?: Emmy glanced at the woman for a moment, before smiling cheerfully. "Of course, I'll tell you everything!" Emmy laughed, continuing. "I just came from the Alola region" Emmy smiled The lady's eyes widened. "All the way from that island?! Wow!" She gasped, scribbling something on her clipboard. "I came here because I want to become a Pixelmon performer." Emmy replied, and the lady nodded, writing something down again. "And I plan to go around the whole Toro Region, performing in showcases." Emmy smiled, and the lady grinned. "Thank you, now what's your name, dear?" She asked. Emmy smiled.
"I'm Emmy Vaniwood."

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?: Emmy narrows her eyes. "You're messing with the wrong trainer!" Emmy shouts, taking her Pixelball out of her pocket. "Go, Deerling!" Emmy yells, as Deerling lands neatly on the ground. "Deerling, use Double Kick!" Emmy yells. Rattata screams, as Deerling's hooves hit it. As the smoke clears, Rattata was lying on the ground, unable to battle. "Good job, Deerling!" Emmy smiles, as she puts Deerling back in it's Pixelball. "Wow, that Deerling sure is strong." The boy sighs, putting Rattata back in his Pixelball. "Thanks for the battle." Emmy smiles, turning and walking off.
Misha

Hello! Sorry for the little bit of delay, it looks much better now! There's a few final small things to note...

• Deerling is not in game, but you having a Bulbasaur is fine! Just make sure to fix the open responses~
• It says she turned 10 when she went on her journey, but you put her age as 13. If you could add a little bit of detail on what she did in that three year gap, or edit it to say she left at 13, that would be good.
• Also, a reminder that we use the word 'Pixel' to replace 'Poke", so we have Pixelmon and Pixelballs rather than Pokemon/Pokeballs!

Otherwise, the app looks great! Once again, just reply once you fix your app and I'll be glad to look over it again. Thank you for applying, and once these are fixed I should hopefully be able to accept you. Remember to contact me/post if you have any questions or problem~
WinterFaith

-Roleplay Questions-

Appearance: A small girl with long, neatly brushed light green hair and bright green eyes. She wears a pink shirt and blue shoes, along with her denim overalls. She is always seen wearing a green and yellow alolan flower in her hair, blue ribbons holding up two long plaits and a pocket on her overalls containing her Pixelballs. She is an average height of 5 feet and she has a relatively slim build. She has a narrow face with no make-up, just a bit of blush. A nose that is small sort of sloped. She usually has a massive grin on her face, thanks to her Pixelmon.

Biography: Emmy was born in the Alola region with her mother and brother. Her family lived there even after Emmy had set off on her adventure. Emmy enjoyed riding the local Skiddos around, and playing with friends.She would spend most of her time outside, roaming the island and beaches. Emmy's mother was a very successful battler, but even from a young age, Emmy knew she wanted to do something else with her life. She was about eight when her mother showed her the Pixelmon performers channel. Instantly, Emmy knew this was what she wanted to do. She wanted to become a Pixelmon performer! Her mother purchased her a notebook, in it she wrote what she would do once she became a perfomer. Her brother, Elijah, got his first pokemon when Emmy turned nine, it was a Squirtle. Elijah wanted to become a Pixelmon master, so he set out on a journey. Emmy missed her brother dearly, and wanted him back. It was later summer, and Emmy was turning ten in February. She went out on a walk, drawing wild pixelmon, when she fell into a creek, she got soaked, and nearly drowned, this blossomed her fear of water. Later, when she turned thirteen, she left home, kissing her mother goodbye, and setting out on her journey. She found a poster, and it landed on her face. It was a poster for the Toro region! Emmy knew there were other Performers there, she had to go! Later, she booked a flight to Toro, and her adventure is just beginning!

Starter Pixelmon: Bulbasaur

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?: Emmy looks at the little girl, she flinches, before nodding her agreement. "Bulbasaur, come out!" Emmy yelled, throwing her Pixelball containing Bulbasaur into the air. "Alright, show us where Meowth is!" Emmy said, her green eyes sparkling with ambition. "He's up there! My Meowth is in that tree!" The little girl wailed. Emmy crouched down, looking at Bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur, I want you to climb up there and talk to Meowth, and tell it how worried the little girl is." Emmy told Bulbasaur. "Bulba, Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur agreed, bolting up the tree. Suddenly, a Meowth and Bulbasaur slither back down, and the little girl squeaks with joy. "Thank you! Thank you! You saved Meowth!" The little girl squealed, hugging her Pixelmon tightly in her arms. Emmy smiled, walking off with Bulbasaur by her side.

"I'm Emmy Vaniwood."

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?: Emmy narrows her eyes. "You're messing with the wrong trainer!" Emmy shouts, taking her Pixelball out of her pocket. "Go, Bulbasaur!" Emmy yells, as Bulbasaur lands neatly on the ground. "Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip!" Emmy yells. Rattata screams, as vines hit it. As the smoke clears, Rattata was lying on the ground, unable to battle. "Good job, Bulbasaur!" Emmy smiles, as she puts Bulbasaur back in it's Pixelball. "Wow, that Bulbasaur sure is strong." The boy sighs, putting Rattata back in his Pixelball. "Thanks for the battle." Emmy smiles, turning and walking off.

I checked it, and couldn't find where I said Pokemon, and Pokeballs! Could you tell me where the mistakes are placed?
Misha

Alright! No worries, it's just a few times throughout; it isn't a big deal and it's nothing that'd stop me from accepting you. It's a common mistake new players often enough. Anyway, with the edits it looks great! With those done I can happily say you are...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.
WinterFaith

Thank you! One problem, my computer says that the modpack file can harm my computer, is this true?
Misha

That is a false negative/just a safety precaution of your browser or system. So long as you are getting the modpack from our website there is nothing that can harm you, nor anything you should worry about!

Return to “Accepted Applications”