Kittibi's application

Kittibi
MC name: Kittibi

Kittibi's application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Kittibi
Where did you hear about us: A friend, who goes by InkCurls. (and Nebulagem!)
Tell us a little about yourself: A rather average artist -- with a large facination for both Cryogonal and Kyurem. I'm mainly interested in the server for the fact that it's a Pokemon server to roleplay on! c:

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Usually when two or more people interact with their characters, whether it be in the form of writing, art, or elsewise.

What is meta-gaming? When a user has information outside of a roleplay that their character shouldn't know- and applies it to them.

What is power-gaming? Edit x2: It's when a Roleplayer makes it so that other characters are unable to take any sort of action, or being able to respond to a situation.

What is retroactive continuity? If something happens in-canon, but then it's changed in a way that it would clash with what had already happened without any indication that this change would come about.

What is a Mary Sue? I tend to be a little flexible with this definition, as it really depends on the situation that the character in question is set in. Though some basic outlines of it in my eyes would be if a character has absolutely no flaws, nope, nada, none. Notta speck of imperfection here. Right out the window with it!
I would also define it to be a character that is "the only one of their kind left" in most situations unless a very, very reasonable explination was given. (Like a genocide of the character's species, a plague, etc) Plus, if they have an overabundance of special powers that not even their kind usually possess, and they are generally remarked as undefeatable.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In-character is the characters themselves interacting with one another, OOC are the actual roleplayers speaking to each other.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Nope, this is my first time!

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Adamas, a quaint city like this would be lovely to settle into. Though, June isn't entirely sure where exactly to settle, she'll figure it out!
Describe Pix Co.: An area of technology development, seems like a pretty busy place! They've invented the Pixelball, too.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: June Aiday
Appearance: Standing at a height of about 5'6, June is a rather hearty gal who often sports a Cryogonal-themed shirt, worn against olive skin. Her mid-toned brown hair is pulled back into a high ponytail, accompanied by a petite barette in the shape of a Cryogonal's crest that adorn their geometric bodies. The front of June's shirt is styled with the face of the mentioned Ice-type Pokemon, with the icicle spheres it produces running down the shirt. Her sleeves also have three of the icy spheres on each of them, with a small notch below them, and the edge outlined with a dark blue color. It's more of a casual outfit but she loves it-- enough to have it made specifically for her, though it was pricy, considering the colors and pattern. (Sometimes she got weird looks from other people for her sense of fashion in that case.) Bright orange eyes glint on her round heart-shaped face, with an expression that's mild and calm, but that's mostly a facade to try and hide the more excitable emotions that hide underneath.
Personality: Coming from a mellow heritage and a soothing household, June tries to follow suit in the personality of her parents and relatives. They were cheerful and loving, seeming to bring about their own air of calm wherever they went. June's the shiny Mareep(haha references to popular phrases in a punny manner) in this situation, as much as she doesn't want to admit it. Trying to keep her not-excited in times where she feels energetic and loud, which is most of the time, is like trying to expell a Tyranitar's flame with cloth, it ain't gonna work. She likes people! Pokemon! New places! People buying her snowcones in a stor she runs! What's not something to get all up and happy about?!
Though she likes to say that she's "Very very much calm, and good, and uh.. responsible, yes, that word," she needs to have her Cryogonal help keep her in check. His name is Quilo, as she likes to call him, and often he likes to nudge her with any of the circular ice spheres that idly float around him if he feels that she's either missing something, hungry, or just because. It's fun poking her.
Biography: Growing up in Snowpoint City in Sinnoh, June had grown up with her parents happily there. They had a small shop that had hosted many cold, sweet delights, along with other foods that were also served hot. Their most famous food there was their snowcones, which she had grown up to love, and liked to shape into different Pokemon on the occasion. When June had turned thirteen, she had visited her cousins in Unova, and they had traveled out to help catch her a Pokemon, as it was her birthday at the time. It didn't take very long until she had encountered the Cryogonal that she is still friends with today, and with her cousins giving a strange look("Why would anyone want a Pokemon like that?"), they complied and helped her catch it through her borrowing their Pokemon.
A few years had rolled by, June eventually learning about Darkrai Worship, and she was interested enough to be part of learning about it. She was about seventeen at the time, and she definietly didn't want to tell her parents, thinking that it was a strange thing to be interested in, no one's aware of this secret. Except for her Cryogonal of course, but he doesn't really talk, so it's okay.
At the age of nineteen, June had finally decided that she could move out, and spread the family buisiness. Seeing Toros as an area of interest, she asked her parents about it, and they gladly accepted, giving her what she needed to move out, and helping to pay for the ticket. June is ready for a new start, and a new life, out to give people snowcones!
But first, she needs a job...
Flaws: Although June is pretty knowledgeable on Pokemon battles, her quick wits aren't the best in terms of battling, and sometimes she'll forget typing matchups against others. She can also be socially awkward at times if she's feeling stressed out, or feeling pressured, which then leads to her making impulsive decisions, making her more stressed, and then adding into the cycle.
Also, she can't handle spicy food. Ew.
Ambitions: To start up a buisiness and sell food! Mostly shaped snowcones and icecream, along with other sweets!
Starter Pixelmon: Cryogonal (nicknamed Quilo)
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
http://prnt.sc/e6p4t6

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
June is rather surprised from the sudden approach, and she stutters for a moment, "Woah, h-hey," there was a quick pause, "Er, yeah, I'll try and get it down, just give me a moment. Call an officer over too if you can, just in case, yeah?" After she had spoken, she turned her head towards the direction where she saw the Meowth, and took a breath, "Alright Quilo, let's go get that Meowth!" Throwing the Premier ball into the air, the large figure had formed out from the ball, followed by clinks and clatters, "Be careful, and make sure it doesn't claw your eye out, sound good?" He seemed to nod, and slowly floated up to approach the small cat Pokemon. The cold icicle spheres had reached out, and pressed together to make a small, circular platform. Clicking at the Meowth to hop on, it was eventually convinced to do so, and had been brought down to the floor in a gentle manner. June grinned at the easy job, running over quickly to her partner and patted him on the back, "Here we go!"

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
"Chump?" She shouted back, crossing her arms, "If you really think that, you gotta storm coming!" June reached for her Pixelball, tossing it out, it opening and releasing the Ice-type Cryogonal. With a shudder and a low hiss-like sound, the cold, glowing spheres flicking actively around it. She called out to the Pokemon with sudden confidence, the battle seeming to excite her greatly, "Let's bulk up first, Acid Armor!"
With more clicks emerging from her Pokemon, Quilo's body seemed to melt down for a moment, before reforming slowly, this time with much more heightened defense. She cheered, her gaze meeting the trainer as she said, "Your move, dude!"
Last edited by Kittibi on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Re: Kittibi's application

Hello there, and thanks for applying! Your application looks great, but there's one small thing that needs fixing before it can be accepted - your definition for powergaming is off. Once you've fixed that, bump this and I'll come by for another look. Thanks!

As an aside, here's a quick (and optional) note. Although I'm loving the shirt design, the skin/eyes color scheme is slightly odd and may draw some attention. If you'd like, you can ask the lovely people working at the New Player Skin Shop to fix it up a little and add any little tweaks you'd like. If not, it's totally fine - just figured I'd let you know.
Kittibi

Fixed it up a little! I hope my new definition is alright •v•'
And for the skin/eye thing, I figured that the skin did look a little weird, so I'll probably change that. I wanted to go for an olive skin tone but it didn't come out super well pff
Chakurano

Don't worry too much about the skin - you're totally allowed to change skins, and most of us have a (way too) large amount of skins for every occasion. Anyways, your definition for powergaming is still off - it seems like you're thinking of railroad DMing, which is a separate thing (it's good that you know to avoid it, though). I recommend the excellent, if slightly dated, Xander Blaze's Roleplaying Guide as a place to look for the definition.
Kittibi

drags self out in a comical manner to edit once more! I totally got it this time, probably.
Thanks for the guide! C: I did look over it a couple times myself, but then I went to other sites to see how other people had defined it, which may have skewed my answer a little.
Hope it's alright now!
Chakurano

Yep, that's looking good! You've been

Once you're done installing the Modpack and Resource Pack, and allocate some more RAM, you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! If you have any questions, I highly recommend checking out the New Player Guide. Otherwise, or if you'd like to be added to the server's skype group, you can add me - the username's chakurano.

Return to “Accepted Applications”