Nebulagem's Application

Naturedragonwolf
MC name: Nebulagem

Nebulagem's Application

Minecraft Username: Nebulagem

Where did you hear about us:

A friend mentioned the server to me; her username is Kittibi! (And InkCurls).

Tell us a little about yourself:

My hobbies are generally reading, writing poems, drawing whenever I get the chance, listening to music, watching anime and cartoons, and of course, roleplaying! I’m mainly interested in the server because I’ve been interested in the early 1900’s for a while now. Everything old-fashioned seems new to me, and it feels nice to have made a character specifically in that time-zone. The way the people dressed and talked really stands out to me as well.

—Roleplay Questions—

What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is the acting out of a particular person or character through dialogue, use of style, tone, mood, POV, etc.

What is meta-gaming?

Meta-gaming is when somebody brings information from Out-of-Character into an In-character situation. It’s basically when you know information about one’s character, but you can’t directly say stuff about them if you haven’t met them in RP yet.

What is power-gaming?

Power-gaming is an action that distracts other players from being able to roleplay.

What is retroactive continuity?

There are three types of Retcon, those being: Addition, Alteration, and Subtraction. In a more simple of a definition, Retcon is when somebody changes the facts of a situation right after they’ve occurred.

What is a Mary Sue?

To me, a Mary Sue is a character that is far too perfect and/or powerful to work with. They usually have unrealistic abilities, such as having your eyes changing colours dependent upon your mood, or something as simple as not putting ANY thought whatsoever into your character. Characters need time and development, not to be put together in simply a span of a couple of minutes or so.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

In-character is when you’ve become one with your character-- You act and speak as if you actually are them. Out-of-character is the exact opposite of In-character, whereas you be yourself, and talk to other players in most likely parenthesis’. An example could be… ((Oh, hi!))

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?

Sadly, I do not have previous experience playing on an RP server. But! I am quite experienced in Roleplaying on other websites. ^^

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—

Describe any city in Toro of your choosing:

Adamas is a rather tiny, cliff-side village, where trainers are able to spend time becoming closer to nature; a breeder lays in the town as well.

Describe Pix Co.:

Pix. Co is a multinational company that has its’ headquarters in the town of Aurelia, Toro. It produces consumer electronics, computer hardware, education, healthcare, retail, utilities, and other things needed for daily life for most human beings. It’s most famously known for the Pixelball, of which is a portable, housing and capturing device to become in immediate control of a Pixelmon.

—General Character Questions—

Full name: Arabelle Marie Blanc

Appearance: Arabelle is a young, petite woman that stands to the height of about 5’4”. Her soft, crystal-blue eyes fade into a much darker hue, her nose small and rounded, whilst a pair of thin lips adorn her feminine composure. Wearing a pink and white polka-dot patterned dress, the fabric extends downwards to about mid-thigh, a darkened-pink ribbon wrapped ever so elegantly ‘round her waist; a pair of silky white flats with a slight heel are placed upon her feet. Arabelle’s hair is soft and wavy, her pure-white locks flowing down to about her shoulderblades, whereas a scarf looking as if it were made from fuschia cotton balls wrapped elegantly around her neck. Soft freckles are placed upon both of her cheeks as well.

Personality:

Arabelle is usually a kind, sweet-hearted young lady, a hint of shyness lacing over her voice whenever she speaks, (particularly to strangers). She’s intelligent, yet is hesitant when it comes to speaking towards crowds, or simply saying an answer aloud in class. Around her close friends back in the Johto region, she was quite the energetic little girl, constantly making jokes and laughing about, (see Biography below for more details vvv). But after the divorce of her parents and being forced to move, the female realized she was alone, and reverted back to her shy, introvert nature. If being surprised, she would stutter and most likely shy back, and the same would occur if suddenly challenged to a Pokémon battle.

Biography:

Arabelle would be considered an introvert in some people’s minds. Spending little-to-no time in public, she never strives to meet new friends. She believes as if having only one or two close friends is enough to suit her needs. But now, along with her history. She lived a normal, practically cliché life with her parents in the Johto region. When the young girl was about 13, her parents divorced. Before the divorce, her parents were constantly bickering and shouting, and she found the only way to escape their continuous shouting was to hide herself in the forest, located just beyond their garden. Looking and examining over nature always seemed to calm the female down. After being separated, she was constantly traveling with her mother, until they both settled down in the Kanto region, where Arabelle received schooling to become a Pokémon trainer. Though soon after she turned 16, Arabelle was sent off to the Toro region, where she believed she could get some peace and quiet away from her home back in Kanto; her mother was struggling to pay off bills, and stress/tension always seemed to be floating around in the air back at home.

Flaws: Arabelle isn’t particularly that well at battling, though finds herself attempting to train her Mareep day-by-day. She cannot speak that well to strangers, despite how much she tries. Hiding herself in the forest to escape social interactions would be another example of her introvert nature, (could be bad or good if interpreted either way).

Ambitions: Arabelle wishes to be free of tension and stress from back in Kanto with her mother. She doesn’t seek fortune nor fame, or to be the best there ever was, but instead, wishes to relax and enjoy her time in the Toro region with her Mareep. Receiving schooling and exploring the towns would be another goal for her to achieve.

Starter Pixelmon: Mareep!

Skin: (Sorry, I couldn’t upload screenshots of the skin! It wouldn’t let me. ;^;)

http://imgur.com/a/P07rr

—Open Response Questions—

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Arabelle found herself frozen in place, fingers curling tightly around the hem of her polka-dot dress. Hesitantly reaching a hand upwards, she brushed a loose strand of curly, pure-white hair from her eyes, making sure to avoid contact with the other.

“I… well, I... came from my mother’s home back in the Kanto region…” She began, before feeling a twinge of nervousness slowly edge into her voice, causing it to quiver slightly as she spoke. “I, uhm.. I came here for no reason in particular, either.. I-it was simply to get myself away from all of the tension and stress back at home…” She replied, taking a step back as she glanced the cheerful woman up-and-down. She had to wonder, ‘what does the Toro region hold in store for me?’

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Arabelle flinched, taking a couple of precautionary steps backwards as she clutched at her satchel, holding it firmly into her side. Her Mareep loomed behind her, peering through both her legs to catch a glance at the Rattata, though quickly let out a frantic squeak as she curled up into a fluffy ball. Glancing over her shoulder, the young female easily bent down, shakily scooping the little Pokémon into her arms, and holding her protectively close.Then, turning to face the other trainer, she stroked her hand reassuringly into her Mareep’s fur, realizing she had to be brave for her. And so, exhaling a deep, quivering breath, Arabelle began to speak.

“L.. listen here…! My mareep is.. In no condition to fight! A-and neither am I!” She nervously shouted at the other. Inwardly, the petite female was panicking, knowing that her Mareep wasn’t particularly that strong, but instead helped her with doing daily chores and such.
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Re: Nebulagem's Application

Hello there, and thanks for applying! Your application looks amazing, but I'd like you to just expand on your definition of powergaming to clarify what you mean by it. Once you've done that, bump the thread and we should be all set!
Naturedragonwolf
MC name: Nebulagem

That's fine! ^w^

Powergaming is basically when a character ignores somebody else's actions, or when they type another action without giving the other Roleplayer a chance to respond to the first action. It also stops the other character's from being able to take/write any actions out.

(I hope that is what you meant. ;w; )
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Yep, that's what I was looking for. Just remember that it also includes making emotes that don't allow for any input from other players - so leave actions able to be interacted with.

Anyways, everything looks good! You've been
Once you're done installing the Modpack and Resource Pack, and allocate some more RAM, you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! If you have any questions or would like to be added to the server's skype group, you can add me - the username's chakurano.

Return to “Accepted Applications”