snow_badger's Application

snowbadger
MC name: snow_badger

snow_badger's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: snow_badger
Where did you hear about us: looking for a server online/ maybe reddit (i joined website a while ago but forgot to apply for the server)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have loved pokemon for a long time, dating back around 3rd gen. It is probably one of the franchises have followed the longest. I love video games and have dabbled in tabletop games as well. I have been on a role playing server before and loved the idea of pokemon roleplaying server and was drawn to this one.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Role playing to me is a game where everyone contributes to the narrative and creates and experience that is diverse and adaptable. There is no set lines just set lore and boundaries for the characters that create them diverse.

What is meta-gaming? Metagaming is using information from outside of the game to gain an advantage. Like for the server I would believe it would be finding spawn location online rather then searching it out for themselves.

What is power-gaming? Power gaming is when you are playing in a way that prevents other people to be able to role play. This can be done by either ignoring a previous action or rule put in place, or can be done by not allowing time for another person to adequately react to the action

What is retroactive continuity? It is changing facts previous events, and often in order to change the outcome of them and affect the current situation. This often happens in DC comics as characters become to powerful/ defeat all their villains and as a result they either restart or retcon certain events from the time line to make the overall story flow better.

What is a Mary Sue? A Mary sue is a character that does not have any flaws, like when in primary school you would imagine a shield that deflects anything your friend thought of. Except that is a whole character, so like a character who had everything they wanted as long as the thought of it and had no limit to what they could do or when they could do it.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In character has to stick with what the character knows about the world and the situation around them, and when you are talking in character you can't bring out side info out of thin air. Out of character is being able to talk as yourself without the restraints of the world you are playing in.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) I have played on a server that is role playing but have not gone back in a while due to falling off

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: carmine is the party town in Toro, with lots to and a crammed system of streets make it difficult find your way but always excitement around every corner.
Describe Pix Co.: Pixel Corporation, commonly known as pix co is the creator of the Pixel Ball and are based in the Toro. They have also worked with other major companies like silph co and devon co to create other inventions to manage your pixelmon and to bring life back to the prehistoric fossil pixelmon

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Todd Bogart Danvers
Appearance: A young man with scruffy brown hair and bright blue eyes. he wears a blue shirt and blue shoes, along with his brown pants. He is always seen wearing a big belt with a gold clasp and a bag filled with all the supplies he could need in them.

Personality: Todd is kind, he helps as much as he can if he can, which often leads him into trouble. Todd loves to entertain, whether it is telling terrible puns or giving out his book to all that he meets. While he doesn’t shy away from a battle he generally does not start them either, but he will always be talking before, during and after the battle. To him everyone is a friend, he is happy to talk to anyone who will listen, although after a while the number of people who will becomes fewer, likes to tell of all the adventures he has had and even some that he has seen or heard of.

Biography: From a young age, Todd knew he wanted to perform whether it was putting on a small show for his family or telling stories to his younger brothers there was an excitement he got from seeing others happy. His home town in Sinnoh use to be in a great forest of trees and on top but a wild horde of bidoof and ratatata came through and with their powerful teeth ate through all the trees, destroying the village and giving Todd a fear of solely normal type pokemon. After finishing school he left home at the age of 15 and set out travelling far and wide writing his adventures down and sending his books back home to sell in his home country, to ultimately pay for his next adventure. He has sold 1,000s of copies and has traveled all around the pixelmon world writing and exploring.

Flaws: Very afraid of Normal type (dual types are untrustworthy in Todd's eyes) and is trusting to a fault.

Ambitions: To entertain and write great stories that will be read for centuries

Starter Pixelmon: Chimchar

Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Todd has heard of a type of meowth that is a dark type and hopes for the best. Todd begins to scale the tree, just like he used to do back at home and hears the Meowth in the higher branches and hears it getting closer. Todd finally looks up high enough to see that the Meowth's fur is a cream colour not the indigo colour of an alhon meowth. In a haste to get away as quickly as possible Todd skips branches ands hits the floor running as he screams “SORRY” and runs away as fast as possible from the vile creature.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Todd beams with excitement and begins his tale “I am from the the Sinnoh region, beautiful place with lots to do but I left nearly 5 years ago to travel the world, explore and write about great stories about my adventures in Toro and send them back home to sell so I can start on my next adventure. Hopefully I will go everywhere explore the cities, the forests, the hills and everything in between, I will hopefully find great friends as well both in Pixelmon and Humans.”

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
-
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: snow_badger's Application

Hello, I'm Misha and I'll be looking over your app!

• Your appearance, biography, and personality needs to meet the minimum of one full paragraph (or 5+ full sentences). If you need ideas on how to expand it, this post has ideas to help!

• There are a few things with your biography...
- I am not sure I can allow you to create an original town in an existing region, and then have it destroyed by Bidoof/Ratatta. The first part could probably be let go if the town is expanded on, but the second part is kind of strange. Why weren't they able to stop the Bidoof/Ratatta? I'd imagine they would have defenses to prevent this.
- How did he go to school if his village was destroyed? Also schools tend to end at 16-18 in this universe I believe, and not 15.
- A personal recommendation would be to make him want to be a well known writer and such- only have a small unknown book or two already out if you want- rather than have him already be an established writer. It could give him more ambition.
- It might also be worth thinking about the books he writes and write down summaries/their genres and stuff. You don't have to do this, just an idea so you have something to talk about in RP!
- You'll have to mention how and why your character came to Toro in specific in the biography.

• You are missing your skin!

• For the open response you're gonna have to be a tad more creative and go into more detail! How does your character react or feel about whatever happens? Add dialogue or actions- and feel free to roleplay for the other character(s) in this situation. Just do enough to make it fit the one paragraph (5 full sentences) requirement for two of the three responses at least! The last one fits this requirement so you'll only need one more scenario's response to fit this.

• We use the term 'Pixelmon' and 'Pixelballs' instead of Pokemon and Pokeballs!

Overall, your character concept is cute, and your app isn't bad! Once you have fixed these problems just make a reply so I know that you've done so, and I'll look over it as soon as possible. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, feel free to post a reply or contact me on Skype under the username Mishakiara. Thank you for your interest in the server, and I hope to see this fixed up soon! Have a nice day!
snowbadger

I have reworked my application and backstory for the character to make more sense, advice was really useful thank you I am just going to copy and paste the rewritten version. (Any more ideas for the rodent list would be cool)
—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: snow_badger
Where did you hear about us: looking for a server online/ maybe reddit (i joined website a while ago but forgot to apply for the server)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have loved pixelmon for a long time, dating back around 3rd gen. It is probably one of the franchises have followed the longest. I love video games and have dabbled in tabletop games as well. I have been on a roleplaying server before and loved the idea of pixelmon roleplaying server and was drawn to this one.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Role playing to me is a game where everyone contributes to the narrative and creates and experience that is diverse and adaptable. There is no set lines just set lore and boundaries for the characters that create them diverse.

What is meta-gaming? Metagaming is using information from outside of the game to gain an advantage. Like for the server I would believe it would be finding spawn location online rather then searching it out for themselves.

What is power-gaming? Powergaming is when you are playing in a way that prevents other people to be able to role play. This can be done by either ignoring a previous action or rule put in place, or can be done by not allowing time for another person to adequately react to the action

What is retroactive continuity? It is changing facts previous events, and often in order to change the outcome of them and affect the current situation. This often happens in DC comics as characters become to powerful/ defeat all their villains and as a result they either restart or retcon certain events from the time line to make the overall story flow better.

What is a Mary Sue? A Mary sue is a character that does not have any flaws, like when in primary school you would imagine a shield that deflects anything your friend thought of. Except that is a whole character, so like a character who had everything they wanted as long as the thought of it and had no limit to what they could do or when they could do it.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In character has to stick with what the character knows about the world and the situation around them, and when you are talking in character you can't bring out side info out of thin air. Out of character is being able to talk as yourself without the restraints of the world you are playing in.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) I have played on a server that is role playing but have not gone back in a while due to falling off

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: carmine is the party town in Toro, with lots to and a crammed system of streets make it difficult find your way but always excitement around every corner.
Describe Pix Co.: Pixel Corporation, commonly known as pix co is the creator of the Pixel Ball and are based in the Toro. They have also worked with other major companies like silph co and devon co to create other inventions to manage your pixelmon and to bring life back to the prehistoric fossil pixelmon

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Todd Bogart Danvers
Appearance: A young man with scruffy brown hair and bright blue eyes. He wears a blue shirt and blue shoes, along with his brown pants. He is always seen wearing a big belt with a gold clasp, black wrist bands and a bag filled with all the supplies he could need in them. He is is an average height of 5 feet and he has a relatively slim build.

Personality: Todd is kind, he helps as much as he can if he can, which often leads him into trouble. Todd loves to entertain, whether it is telling terrible puns or giving out his book to all that he meets. While he doesn’t shy away from a battle he generally does not start them either, but he will always be talking before, during and after the battle. To him everyone is a friend, he is happy to talk to anyone who will listen, although after a while the number of people who will becomes fewer, likes to tell of all the adventures he has had and even some that he has seen or heard of.

Biography: From a young age, Todd knew he wanted to perform whether it was putting on a small show for his family or telling stories to his younger brothers there was an excitement he got from seeing others happy. Through his schooling he had great passion for the English Language along with Theatre and Drama Studies.
When he was not learning in Eterna City, he was often in the nearby forest where he would explore as much as he could and even sometimes ventured into the Old Chateau as well becoming accustomed to the Ghost pixelmon inside. Most of the time Todd would not get into a lot of trouble and would often be able to figure away out of it if he did, but that changed when at around the age of 13 before he had Chimchar at his side. He was walking to his home in Eterna City and he became ambushed by a wild horde of Bidoof, the horde came closer and closer to Todd and started to try to bite at Todd. A few of them were able to bite him before a lone travelling Pixelmon Trainer defeated the Bidoof and helped him back to his home. From that point onwards Todd has had a fear of Rodent Pokemon.
After finishing school he left home at the age of 18, Todd traveled around the Sinnoh region climbing up Mt Coronet and exploring the Spear Pillar on the summit, Learned to surf in Sunyshore City and Sharing a hot cup of cocoa around a campfire just to name a few adventures. From his adventures he wrote a book called “ Adventures from Sinnoh”. But when he took the book to a publisher it was rejected with the main criticism being that the stories were not different from the average Sinnoh region citizens and would not sell well enough. So when Todd saw the chance to travel to the Toro Region, he saw this as an opportunity to create a new book with all new adventures, so he packed his bags and left for the new region by taking a boat from Canalave Town to Adamas.

Flaws: Very afraid of Rodent Looking Pokemon
(These are:
Bidoof
Bibarel
Rattata
Raticate
Pikachu
Raichu
Pichu
Plusle
Minun
Pachirisu
Emolga
Dedenne
Sentret
Furret
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Bunnelby
Diggersby
Yungoos
Gumshoos
Buneary
Lopunny )
Also Todd is trusting to a fault.

Ambitions: To entertain and write great stories that are sold worldwide and will be read for centuries

Starter Pixelmon: http://imgur.com/s1y9X8O

Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Todd walks up to the girl and kneels down, he uses a soothing voice and says “Hey hey heyyyy, no need to cry. How about you calm down and I will go help your meowth down, does that sound good to you?” The girl nods and her mood picks up a little more as Todd makes his way to the tree. He throws out a pixelball and exclaims “Chimchar come help me out!” His Chimchar happily lands down on the ground and Todd crouches down to Chimchar and asks “Hey would be able to help me out by going up the tree and talking to the Meowth and getting it down, their owner is very worried about them” Chimchar nods and starts to scale up the tree and talks to the meowth and seem to come to an agreement and then Chimchar leads the Meowth down branch by branch showing the safest way down. As the girl was reunited with her Meowth she cried “Thank you!” Which Todd replied with “I know me and Chimchar are just happy to help”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Todd beams with excitement “ Well I from eterna city, that’s in the sinnoh region if you didn’t know. It’s quite a nice place with a lot of trees let me tell you, it is filled with all kind of different pixelmon from bug pixelmon to ghost pixelmon at night though it can get quite spooky but it isn’t too bad once you get use to it.” “Can I just stop you right there” The lady interjected “Would love to hear about it but I want to quickly do these questions for the statistics, So Why did you come to the Toro Region and where are you planning on going?” Todd nods in acknowledgment and say “ a yes the other questions, well I plan on going far and wide throughout the Toro region, that is because I want to find out all about the amazing stories of the region and maybe a few of my own and write it down in my book that I am writing, right now my working title is ‘Stories from the Toro Region’ but I think that might be a bad title, not enough creativity, but that is often the last part of writing a book is giving it a good title, that’s a fun fact for you there.” The lady starts to walk onto the next person who she wanted to interview and says “ That is a fun fact, Thanks for your time and I hope to see your book one day.” Todd says “No problem and Thank you.”

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
-
Misha

Hello once again! It is not a problem at all, your app is much better! It looks great, and I'm close to accepting it, there is just a few small details.

• You just need to add one more sentence to your appearance & personality!

• Reminder that we use the term 'Pixelmon' and 'Pixelballs' instead of Pokemon and Pokeballs!

As soon as you get that first point done I should be able to accept you! Sorry for being picky, can't be lazy with one person. Anywho, as with before, just post a response once you got that done and I'll check it over again; hopefully I'll be able to accept you too!
snowbadger

Completely understand why you want to keep the quality up, it makes for better game play. I did change the pokemon to pixelmon in my other version but I don't know if it is important enough to put up my whole application so I just have the appearance and biography paragraphs.

Appearance: A young man with scruffy brown hair and bright blue eyes. He wears a blue shirt and blue shoes, along with his brown pants. He is always seen wearing a big belt with a gold clasp, black wrist bands and a bag filled with all the supplies he could need in them. He is is an average height of 5 feet and he has a relatively slim build. He has a narrow face that has yet to have the wrinkles that come with time and stress, a nose that is small and pointy and mouth that has a great big smile that show some great big teeth.

Personality: Todd is kind, he helps as much as he can if he can, which often leads him into trouble. Todd loves to entertain, whether it is telling terrible puns or giving out his book to all that he meets. While he doesn’t shy away from a battle he generally does not start them either, but he will always be talking before, during and after the battle. To him everyone is a friend, he is happy to talk to anyone who will listen, although after a while the number of people who will becomes fewer, likes to tell of all the adventures he has had and even some that he has seen or heard of. Todd love Pixelmon and is always interested in finding new Pixelmon and interacting with them, so long as they are not rodent looking Pixelmon.
Misha

Heyo! That's fine, it isn't important that you put up everything. Anywho, I don't see anything though that should prevent me from accepting this application! So what's left to say is that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Return to “Accepted Applications”