Zelgadis' Whitelist App

Zelgadis
MC name: Zelgadis

Zelgadis' Whitelist App

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Zelgadis
Where did you hear about us: A friend of mine sent me the link after a quick search for a pokemon RP server.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a simple fella I'd like to think. I work a full time job from noon to night on the weekdays so I'm basically nocturnal, most of my free time is spent either on copious amounts of video games or writing a variety of things. As a person all I really ask from people is basic mutural respect and I value understanding.

—Roleplay Questions—
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is the act of acting out a character, thus taking on their role, and participating alongside others characters. While you act as this character you separate your own personality and the character, fully engrossing yourself into their persona and reacting accordingly.

What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming refers to the action of using information gained OOC (Out of character) for IC (in character) purposes, however the character would have no possible way of knowing this information themselves. The use of knowledge gained this way will more often than not be used to the meta-gamer's advantage.

What is power-gaming? Taking total control over a roleplay and/or the players involved in it. Power-gamers try to enforce their outcome of events in their favor, this can be achieved by writing out another player's actions or in some cases empowering your own character/side to be faultless and unbeatable (God-modding). An example of Power-gaming would be if two characters were fighting and one player wrote that he knocked the other player out with an uppercut, despite the other player never having a chance to defend himself in roleplay. Effectively power-gamers go against the very principle of Roleplay as they place their own imagination above everyone else's.

What is retroactive continuity? A retcon is when parts of an existing story/world (A continuity) is altered, entire events can be changed or be entirely dismissed to be replaced by something else. A good example of this would be comic books, since numerous authors end up writing for well known characters they may at time take liberties with the character's history, powers, or even personality to suit their needs.

What is a Mary Sue? A perfect failure of a character, they lack any faults to the point of being glaringly obviously designed to be the best. They may be the best looking, the best fighting, the best talking, and just about whatever else you can excel at. These characters are the ham-fisted forced protagonist in a world where nobody is the protagonist.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? Rather self-explanatory, but critically important. What happens in-characters applies to your character, everything out-of-character applies to you the person, maintaining a healthy division between the two is critical, I've seen many players fall prey to dragging personal OOC nonsense into IC situations and vise versa.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Plenty, I ran an empire back on a medieval server that I spent about 18 months on, back then I roleplayed as an Orc, my character evolved from a simple woodcutter to a wizened retired warrior in self-imposed political exile. Can't say I put as much effort into my time on Minecraft server's after that, but that didn't stop me from roleplaying on two other medieval servers and an Avatar the Last Airbender server. In other words, I've been around the block n' back again.

—In-Game Lore Questions —
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Port Cobalt is as one can imagine, quite a sizable port city. It's warm beach dotted with towering coconut palms, massive dock which nearly spans the entire length of the city, and quaint ferris wheel make for a lovely destination.
Describe Pix Co.: A massive corporation with a number of consumer products, their most well known being the Pixelball.

—General Character Questions—
Full name: Alburt Bernard Valor
Appearance: Alburt is a young man of average height for his age at 5'9, with dark chestnut brown eyes that seemed nigh constantly half-lidded. He tends to carry himself in a rather aloof manner, slouched and seemingly uninterested by his surroundings, though this entirely intentional on his part. His most vibrant albeit disheveled red hair, and that couple with his exceptionally "fair" complexion give his a distinct natural appearance. In contrast to this his garments are rather plain with subdued colors; a white button-up dress shirt and red tie, a brown loose vest, brown plaid slacks, and black penny loafers. When on the road he brings with him a worn beige rucksack to carry what he deems as essentials, despite its age the bag appears to have been of exceptional quality.

Personality: Alburt has always followed the path of self-described "suave", he intentionally tries to appear uninterested in most things and carries himself with a introverted demeanor most of them time. Despite his best efforts his facade is very transparent to those who spend enough time around him, and while he'd never admit it he only acts this way to seek approval from his peers. Growing up in a small town instilled Alburt with a inferiority complex, this normally manifests as outward aggression towards others who he feel look down upon him. He is not without his compassion however, caring deeply for his parents and to a much less vocal extent, his childhood friend Tansy. When faced with unfavorable circumstances he will typically drop his aloof demeanor and reveal his more crass and impassioned side, it's during these times that he's far more likely to shout a curse word or two either in dismay or disdain.

Biography: Being born and raised in the smallest so-called city in the Johto region wasn't a horrible upbringing, though it was painfully dull bar the occasional makeshift adventure with the few local children. His nigh constant; if a bit unwanted, companion was a fair haired bubbly loudmouth named Tansy. He tolerated her antics mostly out of respect, but her did value her company enough to keep their friendship strong for many years. Though life in Cherrygrove was stress free and comfortable, it was also quaint and stagnant when compared to the other towns in Johto, something Alburt took note of at a very young age. Things would change when he finally got his hands on his very own Pixelmon, gaining a new respect and intrigue for the curious little creatures that hid just beyond the boundaries of Cherrygrove.

The lure of the big city had always charmed Alburt as a boy, he had grown up watching Pixelmon trainers dart through Cherrygrove to reach their next battle and capture new pixelmon. Wanderlust began to weigh on his heart as so many came and went with a passionate fire in their eyes, he envied that freedom and pure exhilaration of travel and the wonders of what unknown and unseen pixelmon. Eventually the time would come when his parents couldn't fully contain his drive anymore, Alburt had grown and his dreams of leaving Cherrygrove had never been more tangible now that he was on the cusp of adulthood and skilled with a pixelmon. Naturally he would set out with his trusty pokemon at one side and his unofficial best friend, Tansy, at his other. Rather than travel explore the boundaries of Johto, Albur saw new adventure further beyond the horizon, a place called Toro.

Flaws: He's exceptionally cynical at times, often being able to apply a thick veil of gloom on nearly any situation unintentionally. His fixation with appearing "suave" makes him blatantly reject his more realistic features, often to the chagrin of his companions. One particularly nasty habit of his would be bottling up his emotions, his frustration normally giving way to outbursts of anger if he isn't given time to properly vent. Underestimation of others tends to be an issue for him, and an annoyance for others when he makes such crass statements. Albur also has keen prowess for complaining about how horrible things are in general.

Ambitions: The world, and everything in it. One could take that in a number of different ways and still be correct as to what Alburt wants. Part of him wants to be renown world-wide, another wants to simply experience all that the world has to offer. Having finally reached his goal of leaving Cherrygrove behind, Alburt sees his destiny as a literal path, from the moment he left home he told himself he wouldn't return until he had dozens of tales to regale the locals with, and even then he planned to leave once more to continue his adventure.

Starter Pixelmon: Cyndaquil

Skin: http://i.imgur.com/cxHzn0I.png Front
http://i.imgur.com/xSz3N9F.png Back

—Open Response Questions—

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Uhh, umm." he fumbles over his words, suddenly at a loss at how to react to the crying child. His eyes darted around the bustling streets, hoping to spot a pair of parents to console the girl. "Feh." he throws his hands up as his search comes up empty, with a sigh of submission he continues. "Alright, bring me to the tree." He holds out his hand to the girl, which she firmly grasps between her sobbing. "Hey uh, it's all good kid, don't worry, I can handle this." He reassures with confidence firm in his voice. His left hand was leading him on towards one particularly large tree in the town, but the fingers of his right hand eagerly danced along the row of pixelballs that adorned his waist.

The little girl wipes at her eyes while Alburt assess the situation, his vision just barely making out the faint color of the Meowth's fur among the verdant leaves. "Alright, lets do this." He rips a pixelball from his belt and tosses it high into the greenery, and just as it vanishes into the leaves a loud "clunk" and a hiss of pain ring out from the treetop. The Meowth falls from the tree and seemingly without a shred of effort, lands on it's feet nearly unharmed. The pixelmon hissed at Alburt only to be scooped up by the young girl who instantly started to nurse her beloved Meowth. "I though you said you could get him down? I didn't think you'd knock my Meowth out of the tree you meanie!"

Alburt raises an eyebrow at the girl and shrugs nonchalantly. "Neither did I, I just forgot to actually turn on the pixelball."

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Alburt's eyes widen and his expression contorts into a bitter scowl almost instantly. "Chump? Chump!? Me? Yea, when I'm done with you your wallet is mine, dweeb!" He wastes little time drawing out his own pixelball for the battle. "Cyndaquil, it's time to roast this fool!" A ball of flame jumps free from the pixelball, the flames pull away to reveal a rather diminutive cyndaquil. Cyndaquil laps around Alburt's feet a few times, entirely unaware of the battle. "We'll play later, just do the thing you do." Alburt lifts his cyndaquil a foot off the ground, it's tiny legs still wagging about as he tries to run around mid-air.

"What's the hold up, Chumplo-" The trainers words die in his mouth as Alburt places his cyndaquil back on the ground facing his Ratatta; no sooner had Alburt released his firey pixelmon a wide spout of flames coursed towards the rodent.

"Flamethrower!"

I took a few liberities with the open responses, hope it wasn't too much of an issue.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Zelgadis' Whitelist App

Sorry for the small delay, I got a chance to look over your app though! It's honestly quite amazing, and I can not see anything that would stop me from accepting you. I would personally recommend aging him up a little bit, somewhere 16-18 so he isn't too[/irl] awkwardly young for his demeanor possibly, but otherwise your character and writing is fantastic! I am happy to say that you are...

After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.
Zelgadis
MC name: Zelgadis

Re: Zelgadis' Whitelist App

Rad, thanks a ton for the compliments heheh. I've already got everything installed a few days ago! No worries about the delay either :p

Return to “Accepted Applications”