SquidSystem's Whitelist App

SquidSystem
MC name: NintendoSquidtch

SquidSystem's Whitelist App

Hey, hey, it's this guy you've never met or heard of before!
Here's my app, please consider it!
b]—Player Questions—[/b]

Minecraft Username: NintendoSquidtch

Where did you hear about us: A friend, Robbie Rotten, to be exact.
Tell us a little about yourself: Not much to say. I like memes, but I mean, who doesn't. I like games, my favorite series include Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem and Rhythm Heaven. I also have a deep fondness of cartoons.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? The act of playing a character and a game simultaneously with others.

What is meta-gaming? The act of playing a character, but using knowledge from an outside source to effect your decision.

What is power-gaming? The act of impeding another player's RPing by taking control of the character/situation.

What is retroactive continuity? The act of changing the facts of the past to affect the present.

What is a Mary Sue? A character who has no discernible flaws and is for the most part, overpowered.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? When you're in character, you basically have to be a completely different person separate from yourself. Being out of character is basically just being yourself and playing as if you had no character.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
No experience specifically.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—

Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Adamas is a mountain town who's main economy relies on fishing from a pier nearby. The town is generally quite cold, with it never getting warner than 65 degrees. The town is very isolated from the rest of the region, earning it's nickname as "The Haven in the Mountains".

Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co., or Pixel Corporation, is a company in the Toro region that is famous for their innovations of the world of technology, including the modern Pixel Ball.

—General Character Questions—

[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Mike Bellic

Appearance: Mike is about 6 feet tall, with a small bit of fat towards his abdomen. He wears a dark brown jacket and a basic 2 color shirt, and a basic pair of blue jeans. He has a mild five-o-clock shadow on his face. He typically has a relaxed expression on his face. On his feet, he wears black dress shoes. On the back of his jacket, the letters I and U appear, likely from a brand that he has long since forgotten.

Personality: Mike is mostly carefree,and as any young person would be, is interested first and foremost in having a good time. He couldn't care less about the stressful and painful things in life, perhaps from early experiences in life, which is why he decided to take a trip to Toro, to look for a fun time. He maintains a level head for the most part, for better or for worse. He tends to be rather snarky with others, and sometimes appear even apathetic to the untrained eye; however, he does care about others to a high extent, and beats himself up if he believes he truly hurt someone. He attempts to joke around a lot, if only to try to make those around him feel better. He has an affinity for women, but his pursuits of love are often halted by his own actions and mannerisms.

Biography: Mike was born to a middle class family from Castelia City, Unova, where he experienced a mostly normal life. Mike heavily stressed by rather normal occurrences because he always worried himself with non-important matters, but eventually forced himself to mellow out. His parents put a lot of pressure on him to go into their line of work as Pixelmon researchers, but it drove him to go against them and try to get a completely different job, which he technically succeeded in by being unemployed. He plans on winning the gyms in Toro to show his parents that he can manage success without following in his parent's footsteps. He chose Toro for almost trivial reasons, finding the atmosphere to be
relatively refreshing atmosphere and not much else. It was just something to do for him.

Flaws: Mike is rarely capable of being serious, even when he needs to be. This practice causes anger in the people around him, and causes problems for him in Pixelmon and life alike. Mike is also easily swayed by his emotions, so if someone tries to tug at his heartstrings, they could fairly easily get to him. He also has a relative lack of foresight, often doing things he thinks he should do, but just lead to failure in the end.

Ambitions: Having fun, Having some good battles.

Starter Pixelmon: A Treecko, nicknamed Grassassin

Skin: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Vc6wcTi

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Wow, wow, easy, kid. I'll help you out, just don't cry, okay?", Mike, frantically, yet somewhat reassuringly said.

Mike throws his Pixel Ball forward and lets Grassassin out, who responds to being out of the ball with a lazy yawn.

"You sure are enthusiastic today, Grassassin. Could you give this feline a hand?"

The Treecko flatly croaks back and climbs up the tree to the Meowth, and waits for a command.

"Now, just gently push the little thing off. I'll catch it!", Mike proudly shouted upward.

"B-but... What if my Meowth gets hurt?". the little girl worriedly asked.

"Don't worry, Treecko wouldn't hurt a fly. Well, probably only flies." Mike joked.

Grassassin pushes the mouth down, which Mike catches.

"See? Told you he'd be fine-" Mike began to say, when his Treecko jumps down onto him, knocking him to the floor. The Meowth jumps out of his hands and goes to the girl.

"Thank you, mister!" The little girl exclaimed.

"N-no problem, kid...", Mike responded, dazed.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

"Heh, it's a fight you want? Well, you got one!"

Mike throws his Pixelball onto the floor, and his Treecko bursts out, still asleep. It snaps awake and attempts to
regain balance, and enters a battle stance.

"Rattata, go, use Tackle!", the trainer boldly exclaims.

The Rattata rams the Treecko, knocking it over, but it lands on its feet, looking angrier than ever.

"Oof! Grassassin, give it a good Leer!", Mike responds.

Treecko responds and gives the Ratatta a fierce look, frightening it into bringing it's guard down.

"Rattata, use Hyper Fang, now!", The excited trainer shouted.

The Rattata takes a huge bite into Grassassin, dealing severe damage to it, and making the Gecko Pixelmon stumble.

"Grassassin, uh... Leer once more!" Mike hesitantly shouts.

The pixelmon scowls back at Mike, but performs the action anyway, lowering the defense of the Rattata even more.

"Hurry, Grassassin, Quick Attack, now!", exclaims Mike, in an attempt to hurridly take out the Pixelmon.

Grassassin, in a last ditch effort, uses Quick Attack and slams the Rattata very far back, getting a lucky critical hit, and causing the Rattata to faint.

"You bested me, guy! Congrats!", said the trainer, with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Hehe, thanks. Grassassin, that was a close one, bud." Mike remarked to his Pixelmon, who responds with a scowl as
it rubs its minor wounds.
Last edited by SquidSystem on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: SquidSystem's Whitelist App

Hello! My name's Misha and I'll be looking over your application today. I'm gonna make this quick so you don't have to wait too long for a response~

• You description of powergaming isn't entirely accurate. You will need to go into more detail on what is considered powergaming, how one can avoid power-gaming, and/or provide an example! You can find our description of it here!

• The name of the server is misleading and there is, in fact, no such thing as a Toro League. Toro only just got it's last gym leader, so that ain't anything like that implemented yet (and probably not for quite a while either). Also, why would he choose to go to Toro instead of some other region?
- Also to note, this part needs to be at least 5 sentences. You can find examples on how you can expand it here. I can not count his affinity for women as part of 5 sentences since it is a fact better suited for the personality section.

• If you do not mind uploading it to imgur and attaching it: I would love to properly shade your skin so it would look a little less out of place! May I also ask for the reason behind the IV on his jacket?

Anywho, other than that, your app looks good overall! Great roleplay example, and a fun sounding character. Once you have fixed these problems just make a reply so I know that you've done so, and I'll look over it as soon as possible. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, feel free to post a reply or contact me on Skype under the username Mishakiara. Thank you for your interest in the server, and I hope to see this fixed up soon! Have a nice day!
SquidSystem

I attempted to make some changes. I hope it's to your liking.
The reason for the letters on the back of his jacket is essentially none at all, most likely just from some sort of brand, perhaps.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Alright! My offer to help shade your skin still stands, but I do not see anything else that would stop me from accepting you! Your power-gaming description is acceptable, and the biography fits. With those things done, I can now say that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.
SquidSystem

I'd very much appreciate getting the skin shaded, thank you.
And neat, happy to be accepted!

Return to “Accepted Applications”