Jeirins whitelist application

jalendion
MC name: Jeirin

Jeirins whitelist application

—Player Questions—

Minecraft Username: Jeirin

Where did you hear about us:
Welllll, I was browsing google, bored out of my mind when I suddenly had the urge to look up role play pixelmon servers. One thing led to another and I was back here after two years, not only was I amazed at what I missed but I felt so bad about a previous whitelist app I created three years that I never returned too because well, I was young and just getting Mc.

Tell us a little about yourself:
Nothing much really, just a young man interested in having fun on an actual serious roleplaying server. I am having nostalgia from just writing this as I remember the same feeling I had all those years ago when I first discovered this site. Besides that I'm usually nice and well-mannered. I try not to get into arguments with people and usually seek ways to get along with people and I hope I can do the same with the community here.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is usually seen as playing a character or personality different from your own. Most of the time it involves multiple people acting out in a session for fun but sometimes it can devolve into deeper, darker settings where people can get hurt or even killed. But all around it's pretty fun

What is meta-gaming?
Meta gaming is where someone uses knowledge obtained outside of roleplay in order to use it for their own gain inside roleplay. This usually takes place where a Oc will know the location of an secret item or know about a bad deed someone else has committed before it has been brought to life. Another example is reading over someone's oc app and then meeting them, then speaking to them as if you know about their whole life.

What is power-gaming?
Power gaming is where someone follows through with command after command without letting their opposition respond or get an action in return. Another example is where a person is fighting someone else and doesnt take any hits and automatically lets their own attacks or actions go through without waiting for the actions of another.

What is retroactive continuity?
A retroactive community is one where new pieces of information are added to an already existing lore little by little. Sometimes this isn't a problem seeing as some things need to be changed to be correct. But again sometimes this is a problem because that means that whole sessions of roleplay and important character development can be changed on a dime.

What is a Mary Sue?
The type of person to go "Gosh golly!! I love everyone and everyone loves me and shall be my friend because the universe loves me!" They usually can do everything, beat every challenge thrown in front of them. Never lose the big fight, have anything wrong with them etc etc...Point is they suck because nothing ever goes wrong for them..there is no chaos or no obstacle to overcome.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character is where you are acting as your original character or oc and dont respond to outside interference or those in out of character. Out of character is where you are able to talk freely to others across the server without having to worry about it affecting your in character experience. In out of character you can also display new information or smidgets of information to others that cannot be used in roleplay unless they find out in the rp, in that case its not metagaming
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, Tokyo ghoul, Naruto, One piece, Bleach, Massive craft and a small roleplay server I cannot for the life of me remember.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Cobalt
Coblat is beautiful city by the ocean that has a very homey feeling to it. The atmosphere coupled with the nice salty ocean breeze makes this a place only heard about in stories or seen in postcards but for Jeirin its home

Describe Pix Co.: Pix co is the company of multiple industries, from computer hardware, education, healthcare
and even consumer electronics Pix co is there to sail us into the future with its brilliants minds and even better projects such as the modern day Pixelball.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Jeirin Ezaki
Appearance: Jeirin has black hair wavy hair that is braided downwards giving him a edged haircut type look that is starting to turn grey due to genetic, also bearing a brown jacket with a connectable pockets. Along with that he is always wears his signature grey hoodie that drapes down over his white and red patterned shirt. Down further he wears light grey baggy pants that holster his black belt and pouch to keep all his pixelmon accessories inside. Finally he is usually seen wearing twin brown leather boots to help him navigate any sort of elevated terrain
Personality: Jeirin mostly is a typically happy person looking out for the positive and mysterious in everyday life. Enjoying the extraordinary and unusual while also dealing with the shady and unknown is a nice lifestyle in his eyes. In his wish to see the world he can become a bit oblivious to things directly in front of him. He is sort of a dreamer, and one of his dreams is to find the adventure and best out of his life. Though he is slightly prone to anger and rash decisions he is able to quickly calm himself if the situation provides it.

The reason he is going on this journey to learn about himself and the mysteries of the world.
Biography: Jeirin was born in Kanto and more specifically Vermilion city, to a man named Kenta Oton and Nanami Ezaki. Always a one to wonder about the mysterious and ancient wonders of the world while always staying true to his moral compass even if that meant he had to be someone he naturally wasnt. His life wasnt all that cracked up to be at a young age, sure he had friends but usually they all just hung out around the radio station to enjoy the music or go watch and sometimes participate in a game of bowling but often he would be excited or amazed at the appearance of a pixelmon that had wandered in from the forest before being chased out by any sort of security around the town for the safety of the civilians. However this only elevated his already waning motivation towards the things in the town. As he grew older the young kid begin to fear that he would be stuck within the town's sea salt filed reach as he begin to see a routine pattern of waiting for the next day while having brief momentary pauses of action or adventure at the sea while interacting with different sizes of fish type pokemon. This type of attitude soon droned on his parents as they watched their child mope around his day after a certain period in his life, the smile he once had every day dimming into a calm stoic face. So before it could dim completely they did something about it.

After finding out a few things the child liked through some parental probing they contacted jeirins maternal uncle, a successful businessman in Aurelia, sent his wayward nephew a gift for his 9th birthday, comprising of two things, a newly modeled pixeldex and a Pixelball containing a recently-hatched charmander which Jeirin subsequently named Blaze. For the first few days after receiving this gift, nothing much changed, aside from the presence of the new Pokemon. But in the next few weeks, things changed majorly for Jeirin however, he begin to exert himself in a immense way, for once in his life. He took care of blaze, teaching it, cleaning up after it, and feeding it. For once, it seemed, Jeirin recognized the gravity of having responsibility over more than just himself. It wasn’t much of a change- he began to show a general motivation toward anything but his new tag along which greatly pleased his family as he once again begin to explore the regions of the town, now going even further out thanks to the protection of his charmander. A few months later into his exploration of his own home town he decided that now would be a great time to visit his uncle and pay him back somehow for giving him the essentials tools such as his new friend and pixeldex to start his journey. This is what lead the young boy to boarding a plane to Aurelia to begin his adventure, one hopefully he'll never forget.

Flaws: Brash, somewhat loud at times, impulsive, at times cowardly, and at times greedy
Ambitions: To become one of the best pokemon trainers in the world, earn riches from his journey to support himself and his family and most of all make something out of himself.
Starter Pixelmon: Charmander
Skin: Image
—Open Response Questions—

[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Jeirin strokes his chin a few times while letting out a slight sigh, looking down at the girl he notices the tearful look in her eye before staring back up at the meowth still stuck in the tree. Kissing his teeth he clicks his fingers before walking over to the tree while speaking offhandedly to the girl. "Alright Ill climb up and get it but be ready to catch it just in case" He says before latching onto a piece of bark that stuck out largely compared to the rest of the tree, using his tall, lean frame to his advantage he pulls himself up gently and slowly, careful not to break the bark off the tree. Breathing in slightly he stretches out his right arm before grabbing the lone branch to which the meowth remains. With a calm and steady breath he quickly snaps himself up to the side of the tree positioning his legs up to help him climb steadily up the branch before he begins to wrap himself around the branch, his eyes careful tracked onto the Meowth that stares back at him blankly. His foot nearly looses its footing as he grunts, his body weight and movement shaking the branch greatly nearly causing it to snap in half before he reaches out and attempts to grab the meowth only for it to quickly latch onto his face as a safety precaution, however its claws sink into the side of the boy's cheeks causing him to scream and release the branch. Falling hard to the ground Jeirin groans as both the pain of the fall and the claws reach him at once only for the claws to quickly out pain the fall as the girl happily ripped the meowth away from the boy leaving him with a face full of scratches as he remained still on the ground, staring into the sky as he mutters. "This is why I hate helping kids...ughh..."

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Jeirin smiles slightly while chuckling to himself before answering back at the woman with a polite tone.
"Well I'm just arriving in from Kanto, I came here because I just heard of some of the wonderful sights here and wanted to see before I go exploring for any of the town's pokemon..Besides that just for fun, and as for where I plan to go I dont really know actually. I just go where the wind takes me or in this case where the next best challenge or gym takes me. He responds as he places his right hand back at his side, hoping the woman got all of that.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Jeirin quickly reaches into his back pocket before wiping his left arm forward, throwing out a pixelball that unleashes his first and only pixelmon and partner Blaze. The charmander's tail flame increase slightly at challenge. The boy's rattata quickly leap forward attempting to scratch the charmander heavily only to fall slightly short as blaze instinctively dodged it before Jeirin commanded it to use ember, causing the fire type pixelmon to breath in, collecting a mouthful of oxygen before expelling it all out, producing a small flurry of flames at close range towards the Rattata that burn and sear away at the rat. The battle ended quickly as the pixelmon quickly fainted from the flames heat before being returned back to its trainers pixelball who begrudgingly hands Jeirin 32 Pix before walking off with a steamed expression, muttering several curses along the lines about his pixelmon losing.
Last edited by jalendion on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Jeirins whitelist application

Hello, I'm Misha and I'll be reviewing your app! I would like to start off by saying that it is wonderful, and I am glad you have decided to return to the server! I took a peek at your old app, and you have improved so much. I would love to accept you, but there is a few things that is stopping me from doing so.
  • • To avoid confusion we highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should. Feel free to pick a town from an existing game's region though! Your biography is great besides this fact.
    • - Since your character should be from out of region, I feel like I should inform you on the ways he can arrive. If he takes the boat, he will be dropped off at either Tyrian or Cobalt. He can also arrive on a plane; there is an airport near Viridis! Either is fine, I just wanted to note this.
    • We use the term 'Pixelmon' and 'Pixelballs' instead of Pokemon and Pokeballs!

• I can see your skin is meant for 1.8, but the server is still currently on 1.7.

• Cobalt has had a total renovation since that screenshot, though this isn't that important. I just felt it was worth noting- this reminds me to go update the towns thread.
Besides this, I adore your character, and your app is great! I am glad that you have decided to return and reapply. Once you have fixed these problems just make a reply so I know that you've done so, and I'll look over it as soon as possible. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, feel free to post a reply or contact me on Skype under the username Mishakiara. Anywho, thank you for your interest in the server, and I hope to see this fixed up soon! Have a nice day!
jalendion
MC name: Jeirin

edited and made sure to add and remove some details.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Alright, so with the edits this app is perfect! There's only a few small details, but there is nothing to deny you over.

• Remember to use Pixelball / Pixelmon instead of Pokeball/Pokeball. It'll be easier to remember once you start RPing, no worries~
• The airport would take you to an airport outside of Viridis and not to Aurelia directly, but it's a small detail.
• In your second Open Response it said a different reason for coming than what was put, but I understand that this could be easily looked over when you were editing the thing. Since I've spoken to you on Skype, and your other two Open Responses are good, I'll let it slide!

Anywho, now that you're done that, I can happily say that you are...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime! Thanks for the compliment by the way~

Return to “Accepted Applications”