HyenaGamez White List App

HyenaGamez
MC name: HyenaGamez

HyenaGamez White List App

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: HyenaGamez
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)Was looking for some kind of Pokemon role play server with actual role play.
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm your average millenial adult with a full time job and bills to pay, but I love Pokemon and have been wanting to do a Pokemon Role Play for the longest time, but never thought about how to make one. So here I am.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
RolePlaying is telling a first person story through the eyes of a character you create. It's essentially like acting.

What is meta-gaming?
Taking outside knowledge your character doesn't know and doing choices your character wouldn't normally make because you know what's going to happen and they don't. Like in DnD where my bard always takes the left path because it's his lucky way but I know the DM has something planned for me so I switch up where my character goes against what my characters actions would have been.

What is power-gaming?
Essentially the act of min-maxing. Turning role play into a numbers game to achieve the best stats.
Edit: Forcing your characters own actions without letting letting the other PCs(Player Characters) to respond to your actions. Example: Eugene stabbed the old cheerful woman killing her instantly. (This doesn't allow the woman character to react to the action of the attempted stabbing)

What is retroactive continuity?
Retcon is basically a memory wipe. Like every new season of Pokemon where Ash suddenly forgets how to be a good trainer.
Edit:Causing a continuity error or adding things that wasn't in the original characters past for convenience.
Example: The character James from Pokemon. When in the Gen 1 section of the series we knew that he was raised in a rich household and only had knowledge of Gen 1 but during Gen 3 when we were introduced to his Chimeco he talked about his childhood experiences with Gen 3 Pokemon even though we as an audience knew that he didn't have that knowledge before.

What is a Mary Sue?
A boring monotonous character. NPC-esque.
Edit: A character that was given idealistic traits in order to achieve their goals.
Example: A young adventurer that had extraordinary talent to be a Pixelmon Trainer and achieves his goals because of that trait.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
What your character does and what you do. Example:
IIC-Eugene smirks and throws his Pixelball unleashing Grim his Sableye.
"Kid you picked the wrong guy to challenge" he says smugly."
OOC-((Alright, but I'm gonna win this guy is EV trained))

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Not on servers but on forums such as Gaiaonline.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing:
Ah there's nothing like the golden jewel of Toro, Aurelia. The hustle and bustle in the streets of busy people shopping and wandering the market places, or taking nice relaxing break in the City's center by the fountain. It amazes me that even with such towering structures there's a nice humble piece of nature molded to perfection to relax in.

Describe Pix Co.:
Pix Co. is a revolutionary company making scientific advancements that are both mechanical and biological. They have found ways to harness the energy of the biological Pokemon Creatures and found ways for people to store and almost instantly heal their injured pocket monster friends. Their HQ is in Aurelia and not too long ago they began marketing their own brand of shops and healthcare centers for people striving to become Pokemon trainers.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Eugene Sulffer
Appearance:
Eugene was a moderate sized man of average build. He standing height he was easily five and half feet tall. He dress mainly in a clad black suit with his undershirt being a white t-shirt with goldenrod colored stripes. Gambling kept his pocket filled enough to eat healthy and traveling kept him in moderate shape. His hair was the color of wet sand and tussled a top his head. His beard was the color of cooked hardened clay. The reason why his facial hair didn't match his hair in color must be due to genetics. Sinnoh was a region whose people and Pixelmon were divided by the enormous mountain. His father was from a snowy point of Sinnoh and had wild red hair, he was a lumberjack who provided the near by townsfolk with a way to keep them warm and to cook their meals. His mother was from the sea side area of Sinnoh, bright and vibrant with tanned skin and silken blonde hair. How his parents met would be a story for another time, for this is about Eugene and not his parents.
Personality:
Eugene was generally an upbeat person, that is until you happen to disagree with him. He was so high strung on his own opinion of things that he rejected any others. Well at least you can say he stuck to his guns. This caused him to get into fights easily as a kid, and even still as an adult. In fact it's because of his stubbornness that he can never turn down a challenge. He was also very ambitious, but it wasn't until he started watching Pixelmon battles and betting on them that he realized where his ambitions were taking him.
Biography:
As a child nothing made Eugene happier than watching Pokemon battles. It was watching battles that made him want to take up battling, but first he had to find a Pokemon. He lived in a small settlement by a mine in an upstart part of Sinnoh. The mine was abandoned due to the structural integrity issues. He knew Pokemon liked to hide out there. He brought some snacks to try to lay a trap, but as he started to go into the cave to set up he tripped knocking into the weakened support beam causing a cave in but was saved from the help of a peculiar Pokemon known as Sableye. As Eugene thought he had found his partner Pokemon the Sableye took the snacks and ran away. Even though Sableye had only wanted the snacks the young Euegene wanted that Sableye. He repeated bringing the snacks day after day until over weeks and weeks of time passed Eugene finally requested that Sableye be his partner. Sableye agreed scarfing down the treats. That was how Eugene met Grim the Sableye and began on their adventure. Through his adventures Eugene learned a lot about being a trainer and about battles. He kept a log of his battle experiences noticing which attacks had which effects, which types of Pokemon were weak to others, and so fourth and so on. Now being a trainer is not a well paying career for anybody that is unless you go professional. As Eugene grew older he noticed a trend as he watched tournaments and it wasn't abut the battles. The people who were watching the battles were betting on the trainers. Being broke and needing cash Eugene began gambling. As his pockets became heavier he became greedier. He finally had enough to reestablish himself and he knew just what he wanted to do. Eugene took his ambitions boat a boat ticket into a new land to establish his presence, and that land is Toro.
Flaws:
If anything Eugene's flaws had to be his stubbornness and gambling habits that he developed. His stubbornness gets him into fights and his gambling gets people pissed off at him.
Ambitions: Wants to make the worlds grandest Pokemon Battling Arena to rake in millions from on lookers wanting to watch the battles.
Starter Pixelmon: Grim the Sableye
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
http://imgur.com/yLCDQvr
Edit: http://imgur.com/a/QG2lN

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Startled by the crying girl Eugene asks the girl "Excuse me, but could you repeat that I didn't quite hear you?"
"My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” the girl cries.
"That's ridiculous, I've never heard of a Meowth getting stuck in a tree. Couldn't it just jump down and land on all fours?" Eugene mocked the poor child.
"But then he'll get hurt!" the girl sobbed.
"Fine, guess I'll get him. Help me out Grim." Eugene sighs and tosses his Pixelball releasing his Sableye.
"Alright Grim use Shadow Sneak to scare the Meowth out." Eugene issues his command.
Grim then turns into a shadow along the ground that then slinks up the tree and startles the Meowth forcing it to run down and right towards the girl.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
"Oh, hello there, sorry but I'm quite busy looking for the nearest Stadium, would it be possible for you to point me in the direction." Eugene said.
"Oh I most certainly can, but would please let me take this quick survey first" The cheerful lady answered.
"Alright fine" Eugene agreed begrudgingly.
"Okay so the questions I have for you are; Where is it that you come from, why you came here, and where do you plan to go and do while in Toro?" she asked cheerfully.
"Well I come from Sinnoh, and I came here to begin a Pixelmon battling enterprise, I would like to find the nearest stadium. Now could you show me the way?" He answered.
"Most certainly, you'll find what you're looking for in Aurelia, it's about a few days travel north of here." The cheerful later replied.
"Thank you" Eugene said as he begin walking on his way.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
"Listen kid, you really don't want to challenge me. One because I'm much older than you, two because I never lose, LET'S GO! GRIM!" Eugene says tossing his Pixelball releasing his Sableye in between himself and the Rattata.
"Rattata Tackle!" The boy shouted.
"HA! Don't you know that normal attacks don't work on ghost types!" Eugene mocked the child as the Rattata phased through Sableye.
"Alright Grim. Use Will-O-Wisp!" Eugene commanded.
Blue flames spawned around Sableye. It motioned it's arms towards the Rattata and the flames chased the purple rodent Pixelmon causing burns to it.
"Now's your chance kid, you can give up" Eugene said.
"My Rattata and I will never give up! Rattata Bite!" The boy exclaimed a fire behind his eyes.
Rattata opened it's jaws and gripped Sableye's arm with it's front fangs.
"I like your spunk kid! GRIM! FINISH IT WITH KNOCK OFF!" Eugene shouted.
Sableye flung it's biten arm forcing the Rattata to unlatch it's jaws. It then brought its second arm up to bring them both down onto the head of the Rattata knocking it out.
Last edited by HyenaGamez on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: HyenaGamez White List App

Hello, I'm Misha and I'll be reviewing your app! I don't have much time to do this so I didn't have a chance to look over the backstory, but from what I've seen from the rest it seems to be pretty good overall! I'll list out what will need to be fixed for the parts I did read though so you can have a chance to fix them before I look over your app again and actually look at the backstory!

• Your answer for power-gaming and retcon is a bit off and doesn't really show you know what that is. We have a guide with the descriptions of various RP terms here, but please make sure you understand and rewrite it in your own words. For power-gaming in specific, I would like if you could provide an example and/or ways on how to prevent it.

• An interesting take on the concept of Mary Sue, but not entirely what we consider to be a 'Mary Sue'. If anything, that'd just be the traits of a boring character. I recommend searching it up and saying what might be common traits of a more generic or stereotypical Mary Sue!

• The Appearance and Personality sections require a full paragraph (5+ sentences) as minimum. This post might be able to help you with personality. If you need help with appearance I can offer more advice later on.

• To avoid confusion we highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should. Feel free to pick a town from an existing game's region though! Your biography is fine besides this fact.
- To note, you will have to mention how and why he came to Toro when you edit your biography.
- This also takes place outside (and/or an unknown amount of time before) the events of the games/anime, so characters from them do not exist. Just wanted to inform you ahead of time.

• There's a few parts of your skin that confuse me that I feel is worth mentioning, questioning, if only because I'm a tad picky...
- Why is his facial hair a completely different color from his regular hair? Although I know it can be a bit different IRL, it just seems a tad bit awkward looking to be that different on a skin.
- I'm not quite sure what the grey parts on his hat layer are suppose to be? Please explain in your appearance and/or remove it/change it to show what it is better
- There's white parts above his pupils and it bugs me slightly. I would prefer if it was skin colored.

• At least two of your Open Responses must contain a minimum of 5 sentences. You are free to make responses for the NPC in this situation in order. The first one is good, so you only have to add a few sentences to one of the other two.

• We use the term 'Pixelmon' and 'Pixelballs' over Pokemon and Pokeballs!

Forgive me for any English mistakes or odd wording, it's rather late (or should I say early?) and I haven't gotten sleep yet.

Anywho, thanks for applying, and I hope to see you fix this! Once you fix it post a reply so I know you've done so. If you have any questions/problems/concerns feel free to post them somewhere or add me on skype under the user Mishakiara to discuss it. Thanks again, and hope you have a nice day!
HyenaGamez
MC name: HyenaGamez

Mishakiara wrote:Hello, I'm Misha and I'll be reviewing your app! I don't have much time to do this so I didn't have a chance to look over the backstory, but from what I've seen from the rest it seems to be pretty good overall! I'll list out what will need to be fixed for the parts I did read though so you can have a chance to fix them before I look over your app again and actually look at the backstory!

• Your answer for power-gaming and retcon is a bit off and doesn't really show you know what that is. We have a guide with the descriptions of various RP terms here, but please make sure you understand and rewrite it in your own words. For power-gaming in specific, I would like if you could provide an example and/or ways on how to prevent it.

• An interesting take on the concept of Mary Sue, but not entirely what we consider to be a 'Mary Sue'. If anything, that'd just be the traits of a boring character. I recommend searching it up and saying what might be common traits of a more generic or stereotypical Mary Sue!

• The Appearance and Personality sections require a full paragraph (5+ sentences) as minimum. This post might be able to help you with personality. If you need help with appearance I can offer more advice later on.

• To avoid confusion we highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should. Feel free to pick a town from an existing game's region though! Your biography is fine besides this fact.
- To note, you will have to mention how and why he came to Toro when you edit your biography.
- This also takes place outside (and/or an unknown amount of time before) the events of the games/anime, so characters from them do not exist. Just wanted to inform you ahead of time.

• There's a few parts of your skin that confuse me that I feel is worth mentioning, questioning, if only because I'm a tad picky...
- Why is his facial hair a completely different color from his regular hair? Although I know it can be a bit different IRL, it just seems a tad bit awkward looking to be that different on a skin.
- I'm not quite sure what the grey parts on his hat layer are suppose to be? Please explain in your appearance and/or remove it/change it to show what it is better
- There's white parts above his pupils and it bugs me slightly. I would prefer if it was skin colored.

• At least two of your Open Responses must contain a minimum of 5 sentences. You are free to make responses for the NPC in this situation in order. The first one is good, so you only have to add a few sentences to one of the other two.

• We use the term 'Pixelmon' and 'Pixelballs' over Pokemon and Pokeballs!

Forgive me for any English mistakes or odd wording, it's rather late (or should I say early?) and I haven't gotten sleep yet.

Anywho, thanks for applying, and I hope to see you fix this! Once you fix it post a reply so I know you've done so. If you have any questions/problems/concerns feel free to post them somewhere or add me on skype under the user Mishakiara to discuss it. Thanks again, and hope you have a nice day!
Edited and also I must say about the facial hair thing I based the character off of my own appearance that's why he looks the way he looks. The gray lines were from difference skin I used that had a mask. I just got rid of the mask part.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Alright, looks good! Small extra notes before I accept you...

• Remember to use Pixelmon instead of Pokemon.
• Since your character would've come from a dock city, Cobalt or Tyrian, he would be directed to the gym of either town. If he is looking for a stadium specifically, he would be directed to Aurelia. Aurelia is to the south of Tyrian, and West of Cobalt.

Just remember those two things and I think you'll be fine! Nothing to deny or make you wait longer for. Now I can say that you are...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime! Thanks for the compliment by the way~

Return to “Accepted Applications”