TepigTurtwig's Application

TepigTurtwig
MC name: TepigTurtwig

TepigTurtwig's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: TepigTurtwig
Where did you hear about us: Google is a marvelous thing.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an rp enthusiast, and pokemon-lover, who places great value on intelligence and creativity. I swap between emotional extremes a lot, but usually can mask it, and enjoy doing so, as it tests my acting abilities.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is the act of going into a different world and pretending to be a different character. It almost always involves multiple people, leading to a sort of mini-community of people that grow together.
What is meta-gaming? Meta gaming is when a roleplayer uses OOC knowledge in IC. This often leads to characters doing something that shatters believably.
What is power-gaming? Power gaming is when a roleplayer makes a too powerful character, or, and more commonly referred to as power-gaming, conveys actions in a way that guarantees their success, without letting roleplay partners respond. This often leads to a shattering of fun and tension, which are the two things that really make or break action roleplay. A good example of this is someone stating, "My rotom hits your pidgey with confuse ray."
What is retroactive continuity? A retcon for short, retroactive continuity is when new tidbits of lore are added to an already existing piece of information in a world. This is only a problem when done to the extreme, with consequences of these random and incorrectly handled information dumps being quite obvious.
What is a Mary Sue? Mary Sues are roleplay characters that should be killed with fire due to the monstrosity they are, and can be easily identified due to their complete perfectness or complete incompetence, and in how the universe seems to bend to them.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC is what happens in character. OOC is what happens outside of character, and information gained in this way can not affect the IC.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I've played on a few medieval fantasy servers, and currently am part of a few RP forum communities.
—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Ferrite is a town of brains and innovation. The town is known for its biotechnological areas, such as the Biomuseum and Botanical gardens. However, it is also known for its bustling metal companies, and research institutes.
Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co kind of runs a Pixelmon monopoly on the Toro Region, due to their creation of the Pixelball. The are also well-known for providing many job opportunities in Pixelball production.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Jerek Lancest
Appearance: Wearing a clean black suit, Jerek Lancest may blend in slightly in a crowd. However, his pale skin, and short brown hair, which is swept unnaturally to one side, could lend to his identification. He is the average height for his age, yet very scrawny, with small bags of fatigue under his hazel green eyes. Although his garb may be traditional, he does spice it up with a few big blue notebooks that stick out of his pockets, and pens and pencils in almost ever pocket. The suit is very well-kept, leading to him exuding an air of propriety.
Personality: Imagine shrinking a computer down to human size, and you have Jerek's personality in a very brief nutshell. Jerek is cold and calculating, looking at everything through statistics and logical reason. He has strong bias against the headstrong and emotional, as he lacks either of those qualities. Well, sort of. He might be quite detached, but can get frustrated fast when his plans don't work, and then angry, lashing out at everyone around him. He also tries to enforce his ideas and plans into others, instead of cooperation.
Biography: Jerek Lancest was born to a Marvin Lancest and a Lina Lancest, in Jubilife City of Sinnoh. Marvin worked in the Tech Industry, and Lina worked in one of the botanical gardens at Floarona. The two were slightly well off, as both had relatively high-paying jobs, so they could afford to live an upper middle class life. Jerek always looked at things from the same lens as his father, thinking of everything through statistics. In a lot of ways, the two worked off of each other, thinking and planning. Jerek studied hard, spending long nights staying up instead of sleeping, and became an expert strategist. Eventually, Marvin decided to test Jerek's natural aptitude in a pixelmon battle, lending Jerek one of his pixelmon. Jerek was obviously defeated, but was clever and quick-thinking, so Marvin decided to prepare him for a journey around Toro, even asking a local professor to distribute a starter. Afterwards, he set out by ship for Toro.
Flaws: Physical Flaws: He is slow, and very weak.
Emotional Flaws: He angers quickly, and has a great mistrust of others. He doesn't work well with others, and can be rude and abrasive due to his uncontrollable tongue.
Ambitions: Jerek wants to become a gym leader, where he can crush the dreams of pathetic idiots and show them what a real trainer is like.
Starter Pixelmon: Turtwig, "Twiggy"
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/8093270/tux/
—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Jerek looked at the lady with an incredulous gaze, as he could not believe her stupidity. "Well, that sounds miserable. Not sure why you won't just recall it into its Pixelball. And if that doesn't work, you can probably just tell it to use scratch on the branch. It can't be as thick as you are."

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Jerek smiled, stating calmly, "Statistics? Why, I live for statistics. I'll start you off with a few basics. I came from Sinnoh, I merely traveled to Cobalt by boat. Surprised you found me so fast, but I always appreciate the prompt and diligent. Second, I am planning on becoming a gym leader some day. Should be fun, since I can pulverize all those idiots who have even a shred of belief in their capabilities. Any specifics from what I have said so far?"

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Jerek rolled his eyes at the pathetic young brat. Of course he would have a Rattata; they were the rave these days. Sighing, he pressed the button of his pixelball, and his Turtwig, named Twiggy, popped out. Twiggy smiled, as he certainly enjoyed crushing the dreams of pathetic idiots almost as much as his trainer. "Alright Turtwig, let's show this pathetic little pestilence how to truly battle. Begin with a razor leaf, so we can gauge its overall agility."
Last edited by TepigTurtwig on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: TepigTurtwig's Application

Hello! Misha here, sorry for the small delay! Been a bit busy. I won't keep you waiting any longer though, onto the app!~

• You seem to have an understanding of power-gaming, but I would like an example of how it might look in roleplay to be sure you fully understand it.
• I would like to mention that a suit is out of place considering his age. Of course, I won't stop you from having your character wear it, I just wanted to note this since the appearance section implies otherwise.
• To avoid confusion we highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should. Feel free to pick a town from an existing game's region though! Your biography is fine besides this fact.
- To note, you will have to mention how and why he came to Toro when you edit your biography.

Otherwise, your character and roleplaying skills seems to be perfect! I saw your introduction post, and I would like to say I'm glad you're here too. Once you fix these changes I'll give it another look over, just make sure to respond so I know that you'd fixed it. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, feel free to contact me via PMs, make a post, or contact me on skype at Mishakiara. Thank you for showing interest, and I do hope to see more of you around soon!
TepigTurtwig

Changes have been made. Nice name, by the way.
Misha

Okay, so your character an app looks good now! I see no reason to deny your app besides a few small details...

• You referenced Professor Rowan and Poketch, both of which do not exist yet. A quote from the example app: "Because all the characters of the anime nor the games (Ash, Brock, Cilan, May, whatevs...) do not exist, please do not make references to them. It will only mess up your story, and relations with them will make your RP... Awkward." You can say he spoke to a local professor, just don't use a name (I don't think we have any set names yet).
• Your character still says he comes from Ferrite in the Open Response.
- Small note: You can not take a boat to/from Ferrite. The two towns with docks are Cobalt and Tyrian!

Once you fix those I can go ahead and look over it again. Let me know when these have been fixed so I know when to do so~
TepigTurtwig

I think I made the requested changes.
Misha

Alright, now that you've made those changes, it looks good! Now the only thing left to say about your application is that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime! Thanks for the compliment by the way~
TepigTurtwig

I can't seem to get on. Apparently, I have the following message (Ish):

Mod rejections [FMLMod:PTRModelLib{1.0.0}, FMLMODcfm{3.5.8}, FMLMOD:moreplayermodels{1.7.10b}, FMLMod:props{2.3.0}, FMLMod:BiblioCraft{1.11.2}, FMLMOD:harvestcraft{1.7.10j}, FMLMod: CarpentersBlocks{3.3.7}, FMLMOD:toroblocks{1.0.0}]

I installed the recourse pack, and ran the modpack with java. It gave me the txt that said I was good to go, but no luck so far.
TepigTurtwig

NVM, problem solved.

Return to “Accepted Applications”