< Un1dentified (Dan)'s Whitelist Application >

Un1dentified
MC name: Un1dentified

< Un1dentified (Dan)'s Whitelist Application >

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Un1dentified

Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one) I had a quick look at this server a while back as I myself was searching for a really serious Pixelmon Roleplay Server [there are barely any active ones anymore]. I considered applying for a whitelist application but I hesitated as I wasn't confident I would get accepted. So I came back a long while later and here I am, applying.

Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Dan, I am a really creative person and really enjoy stuff like roleplays as I find them fun and you can be a character that you want to be, using your creative mind to think of one and act like them.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is using your mind to create a character and act as if they would, considering the traits they have, and what they would do in certain situations.

What is meta-gaming? Meta Gaming is essentially; when you are out of character, you find out the location of something or someone important to the story/plot. When you go back in character you make it so that your character knows about what you discovered as well, ruining the story from when you were actually in character earlier.

What is power-gaming? Power Gaming is basically roleplaying, but acting way too overpowered, sometimes not even giving the other characters time to talk. With Power Gaming most of the time you would often do a LOT of actions without even describing them in the chat, which you are meant to do in a roleplay. Here is my example: Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan are in a fight, Bruce Lee punches Jackie Chan, biding him time so that he can run away, which he does. There are two things which would be considered Power Gaming in this statement. First it is impossible for Bruce Lee to punch Jackie Chan without having some kind of notice that he is about to punch him, thus making it Power Gaming, and also Jackie Chan didn't get to respond at all to these actions or text, Bruce Lee also had the same thing with him running away, Jackie Chan didn't even get to respond, he could've attacked back before Bruce Lee ran, but due to the use of Power Gaming he couldn't.

What is retroactive continuity? Changing something that has already happened, like for example somebody throws a ball at a Pikachu and they said they caught it so they could brag to their friends. Then the change happens to the fact and they actually didn't catch it and they just wanted to brag to their friends about it.

What is a Mary Sue? A Mary Sue is essentially someone or something that the author, or roleplay director etc wants to make the character that can do anything, even if impossible to save the day, somebody who would be described as a 'perfect' character.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? When you are in character, you would be talking in the situation as if you were the character selected, and you CANNOT at any time do anything that your character wouldn't do (unless they have a hidden trait or emotion that you have planned out). When you are out of character, you are basically being yourself, talking normally and NOT pretending to be someone you are not. When looking at both of my statements you can see they are contrasting opposites.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) I have played on a server that had a creative lobby, and people would host Roleplays there, but I have to be honest, the roles they gave you were pretty damn lame. So I would usually beg them to make my own role, which would contrast highly in quality to the default roles, being far more creative and well thought out.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Canvas Town is an agricultural focused town where trainers come and go by, most of the people who actually stay here are farmers who work there.

Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co is a corporation that produces for several industries, and it's headquarters are located in the largest city of Toro, Aurelia City.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Kai Winters

Appearance: Kai has very well presented, posh-like Black Hair which widely contrasts to his upbringing. Kai has a scar across his face due to an injury in a gang fight when he was younger. Kai has blue eyes (the whole of his family have blue eyes). He wears fairly casual clothes like some torn up jeans and a white short sleeved shirt, and a grayish colored winter coat in the winter. He has a strange blue tint on his hair, which he has absolutely no clue how he picked it up, but somehow he has had it since it was born. Kai is 6'4 and weighs 125 lbs. Kai is very tall but has a very thin body due to the lack of food his family had when he was younger.

Personality: Kai lives life very casually and just gets through each day like a norm. Kai is quite shy, but when he breaks out of his shyness he can be quite rude and obnoxious.
Kai loves his family very dearly and they seem to be the only people he cares about apart from himself. Kai is highly intelligent intelligent, bright-minded, and creative. When Kai is around strangers he seems to be very defensive and rude due to how life has treated him. The worst Kai will ever get is if somebody even mentions his mother e.g. "Oh hey Kai! How are you doing? My mother told me to stay away from the tall grass, what did yours say?" This will instantly make Kai despise that individual and put him into deep anger almost to the point of wanting to kill that individual. (mentally not physically)

Biography: Kai grew up with a very poor family in the Sinnoh Region at Celestic Town, he didn't see much hope in life, and he usually hanged out with gangs or very dangerous people who would commit violent crimes or shoplift. He seemed to not fit in with anyone, anywhere he went, even the gangs he hanged out with he secretly did not like. When he was at school his mother, who was called Jocelyn Winters really prompted him to finally start making friends but he didn't see anything intriguing in anyone's personality there and completely overlooked them. He really despised being forced to make friends with other people, which his older sister made him do as well. His older sister was called Amber Winters, and she would constantly ramble at Kai about how becoming a Pixelmon Trainer is a bad idea and that how he should get a job instead of wasting his life trying to be the best. Kai did not particularly like his sister, but he knew in the end she was trying to be a mother to him. The reason for this is that Kai's mother disappeared one day, she was a very confident person and very humble and loving. She would go on expeditions with younger Pixelmon Trainers to explore for strong Pokemon and she would teach the younger kids all about these strong Pixelmon. But one day she found a Pixelmon so strong she just had to go and show the kids it, which she did. This Pixelmon seemed to have a hatred towards all humans, and when one of the kids tried to pet it, it went into an almighty rage and obliterated the group and anyone nearby. Kai never found his mother, or her remains past that day, and since his Dad is always working, trying to make money for the family, Kai just sits at home, with his sister, who takes care of him every day. Kai never wanted to become a Trainer after his Dad eventually let out what happened to Kai's mother. He did not have trust in any Pixelmon and when he saw one he would get nervous. One day his sister brought home a Sneasel, and said that the Sneasel would be staying with them for a while due to it's owner abandoning it and leaving it at Kai's house doorstep. Kai was very hesitant at first, but eventually managed to build some trust in his Sneasel, enough for it to become his Partner Pixelmon, and eventually Kai built enough confidence to become a Pokemon Trainer, leave his house (returning to visit sometimes), and travelling with his Sneasel. And now here Kai is, starting fresh, with his partner Sneasel at the Toro Region.

Flaws: He suffers seasonal depression, so in dark times like Winter, he will feel highly depressed and sometimes agitated at the world for no reason at all. He has a very serious condition of post-traumatic stress disorder due to what happened with his mother and whenever he has a bad day and then goes to sleep he will vision all the possibilities of what could've happened to his mother and where she could be.

Ambitions: He wants to find out the secrets of what Pixelmon presumably 'killed' his mother, and other than that, he has only just built up the confidence to become a trainer so he doesn't have many ambitions, but he wants to find out if he does have some ambitions he never knew of.

Starter Pixelmon: Sneasel

Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.) https://gyazo.com/b94408c852ff57e2c5688397333a2057

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond? Since Kai is quite an emotional person, he would be quite hesitant at first, but knowing that he has been through sadness too, he would probably feel sympathy for the girl and help her as best as possible.

After the girl tells Kai, Kai looks at the girl carefully and then mutters, "Humph, what is in it for me then?"
The girl looks at Kai as if in shock to the sudden rudeness. Kai instantly picks this up and apologises by swiftly saying; "Oh uh sorry, sure I guess, I'll make sure your Meowth gets rescued safely." He shows off the slight hint of a comforting smile towards the girl then walks off to help the Meowth.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Kai would be very shy and would probably ignore the person, as he does not have the time for stupid questions to be asked in his life.

As the stranger approaches after kindly asking the question Kai grunts and rudely says, "What is it any of your business? Leave me alone! I do not have the time for this!" Kai then walks away in a bad mood, the cheerful woman watches him walk off in disbelief of the way she was treated.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Kai would realize that he has a challenge and would take it very seriously, taking out all his feelings of anger etc into account within this battle, battling the best he can, battling with his Partner Sneasel (the only Pixelmon that truly understands Kai).

The kid reaches for his PixelBall and shouts "Go Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!"
As Kai hesitates to the challenge he eventually says; "A challenger? Pfft, foolish little kid thinking he can defeat me and my Sneasel? You'll just get your Pokemon all damaged for no reason."
"Alright Mr Bragger, we'll show you! Rattata use Quick Attack!" Shouts the kid.
(Heated Battle Initiates, Kid Loses)
"What, we lost?" The kid mumbles.
Kai laughs inside "Now go away!"

Thank you for giving me the shot at possibly being able to join this amazing server!

Have a nice day :)

-Dan
Last edited by Un1dentified on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: < Un1dentified (Dan)'s Whitelist Application >

Heyo, this is whitelister Misha! We spoke extensively about your app over Skype, and now that you've made the changes requested and expanded upon things it looks much better! Your application fits the requirements, and while I have a few small reminders/things (5'8" isn't tall- you state this in your appearance, and a reminder to use Pixel instead of Poke), your app looks fine and I won't keep you waiting for them! Now I can say that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”