TheUltimateLion's Application {Edited}

TheUltimateLion
MC name: TheUltimateLion2

TheUltimateLion's Application {Edited}

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: TheUltimateLion
Where did you hear about us: My friend EpicRamen (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)
Tell us a little about yourself: When I was growing up I played mostly just FPS games on xbox. I first got into role playing after playing a game of NWoD with EpicRamen. I used to play mainly console games before moving onto pc a few years ago. I also, played a ton of minecraft for the pvp as I got into playing more pc games.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Playing as a character that you created. Living their life as you would your own.
What is meta-gaming? Metagaming is when you use something you learned out of character to your advantage in character. Something you shouldn't know but you do.
What is power-gaming? Power gaming is when you make an action that doesn't allow someone else a reaction. Example being if you were to say something like I knock Ted out. This gives him no chance to react.
What is retroactive continuity? This is where you say something as a fact, but change it later.
What is a Mary Sue? A perfect character in a sense. Someone who is really good at everything with little error.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? OOC stands for out of character and is when you're not playing as the character you've created. IC stands for in character and is when you're actually playing as your character and picking actions for them.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Only a small bit of NWoD, none on minecraft.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: After reading about the towns, Virdis sounds like the town of my dreams. I, personally, have always enjoyed the idea of large farms as I live in California and there are tons of them around me. They've always look so beautiful as I drive past. I also like how it says they don't use the technology they don't need. I know, in our day and age, we're really bad about that.
Describe Pix Co.: Pix-co is the company that created the pixelball alongside some of the other useful things trainers use.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Lamont Coleman
Appearance: Lamont is really tall for his age as was his father and mother alike. He hit his growth spurt earlier than most, on average. Hitting 5'2 at the age of 13 he's continued to grow steadily reaching 5’6 almost 5’7. He has light tanned skin as a mix of his parents. His dark blue eyes stand out quite nicely on his normally soft and blank face. His black hair is quite short and combed softly over the right side of his head. He wears a black cashmere suit with a black tie to match. He has a red collared shirt on under his suit jacket. He wears bright colored socks due to a tip from his best friend's younger sister Abby. One day she noticed Lamont wasn't happy and she said, "Lamont? Are you okay? If I'm ever sad I try to wear bright colors to cheer myself up!" He took the advice to heart and wears bright colors to try and keep himself cheerful.
Personality: He keeps to himself and doesn't really show his emotions. He's quite friendly towards those that seem to be nice. His voice is monotone most of the day as he's unhappy a lot of the time. If someone starts to make him mad or pick on him he becomes aggressive and blows up. Due to that, some people might see him as a bit dark. In some cases he is also quite impulsive with things he wants to do. This impulsive nature has caused him to get into some trouble with things he shouldn't be doing.
Biography: As a child he lived a great life with his parents in the Johto reigon. They would buy him all the things he liked and take him anywhere he wanted. He was a well mannered child always doing as they asked. Growing up in a house like this he got good grades, made tons of friends, and became good at many different hobbies. As he grew older, he met a person that went by the name of Haru. He was a popular kid for causing all types of trouble anywhere he went. He saw the polished student that Lamont was and became quite jealous. He took advantage of the kids good conscience and started to corrupt him. He started off with things like "Hey, Lamont. C'mon man, let's skip class. We're too smart for s*** like this." Lamont slowly started to follow in his footsteps. As things got worse, Lamont found them to be more fun as they're things he'd never done before. He remembers the first time he stole something vividly as he almost got caught. It started with him and Haru entering a clothing store. Haru smirked deviously, "Why not try something on? It looks /really/ good on you." Lamont shrugged taking a few things back into the changing rooms. As he tried them on walking out showing Haru each time he got a frown and a head shaking no. As he took the last outfit he had tried on off, he heard a clunk from the top of the changing room door. A nice black suit with a red button up shirt would be thrown over the door hanging for him to grab. After pulling them down he would slip them on leaving his old clothes in the stall stepping out. Haru would smile giving him a thumbs up. "It fits you." Haru would then turn surveying the room watch the owner being distracted by a young couple. "Now's our chance. come on." he would quickly head for the door with a confused Lamont close behind him. "Wait, don't we have to pay for this?" Haru would put a finger over his lips grabbing Lamont's arm pulling him towards the exit faster. The young couple pointed at the young boys as the dashed for the door. The owner turned to see the boy in the expensive cashmere suit running for the door. As he turned to chase them they were leaving as the sensor started blaring. Lamont felt tears rolling down his face, his legs were numb, he couldn't feel himself running but somehow he was. After a few blocks of running Haru took a sharp left down an alley finally releasing his hand hopping onto a chain link fence. Lamont looked down at his trembling hands then up at Haru who had an exhausted look on his face. He looked down at Lamont while resting at the top of the fence. "Heh, wasn't that a rush?" Even though he had tears streaming down his face, the thrill was more fun than he'd ever had. Things went bad for him as his parents weren’t sure what to do about his new rebellious actions. They tried grounding him, taking away things that he liked, and stopping him from seeing Haru. Lamont still found ways of sneaking out to meet up with Haru and causing more trouble for his family. After a few months of this going on Haru’s parents sent him away to a rehabilitation house for children. Trying to change his terrible ways. Lamont had nothing left for himself in Johto and decided to leave to region he though Haru was being held. His parents had talked about Toro on the phone and he expected it was about Haru. Thus, he took the money from his parents needed to get a ticket to Toro and left. ( OOCly Haru really isn’t in Toro. Just to clarify.)
Flaws: He has anger problems. Also, he is quite depressed. He was kicked out of his house after becoming rebellious. He can also be one to hold grudges on those who have made him mad before.
Ambitions: He wants to find someone in his life to replace the hole that was his family. He also seeks to find money. He wants a job to fund all the things he wants to do in life. Returning to all of the hobbies he had given up on.
Starter Pixelmon: Torchic
Skin: https://gyazo.com/7423f79d110612a82afa74cf01709378

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Lamont would look down at the young girl before raising a brow and looking at the Meowth “Sure I could try.” Lamont would head over to the tree setting his coat jacket down on a nearby fence. He would roll up his sleeves and begin trying to climb the tree. If he successfully climbed the tree he would grab tight hold of the Meowth while sliding back down the tree trying to avoid the scratching as much as possible. If he failed while trying to climb he would fall down off the tree landing on his back. After a wince of pain he was able to climb the tree to get a hold of the meowth's tail, but while he grabbed the tail the meowth got startled and it made Lamont fall on his back with the meowth landing on his stomach. The girl rushed to lamont with a joyfull smile on her face thanking him for what he had done. With a smirk in his face he would head off in the other direction dusting himself off.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
"I came from Johto where my parents lived. And where i was raised" Lamont would frown "They kicked me out. Because I was getting a “bad influence” They just don't understand me .I'm also here to make a new life for myself maybe meet new friends and companions ." He would pause to think looking at the ground kicking the dirt around before speaking again. "As for where I'm going? I don't really know. I'm going where i'll be happy I guess"

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball.
"Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond? Lamont have a smirk on his face after seen the Ratata “He thinks to himself this kid must have trained hard with his Ratata so he decided to let the kid win” He would then grab his own pixelball from his belt tossing it as far in the air as he could. After it landed he would state "You and Ratata looks strong be careful on what you ask for" If Lamont won, he would smile looking at the Trainer return his Ratata with a and say “you better train harder”. If Lamont lost, he would have a frown on his face and say "I guess you and your Ratata are stronger than I expected"
Last edited by TheUltimateLion on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: TheUltimateLion's Application

Hello! Thank for you applying to the server, I've got a few things that'll need fixing before I can accept ya'~

• Your example for power-gaming seems to have been cut off?
• Since he's only 15 right now I recommend making him a bit shorter than 6 ft, that way it leaves room for him to grow until his growth is finally stunted in the next couple of IC years.
• Please pick a place from one of the existing regions for your character to come from. We do not recommend having it where your character lived in Toro though since we do not want to cause confusion~
- In addition, you'll have to add how and why he came to Toro in specific.
• For the open response you're gonna have to be a tad more creative and go into more detail! How does your character react or feel about whatever happens? Add dialogue or actions- and feel free to roleplay for the other character(s) in this situation. Just do enough to make it fit the one paragraph (5 full sentences) requirement for two of the three responses at least! The last one fits this requirement so you'll only need one more scenario's response to fit this.

Other than those it looks fine! Once you fix these up make sure to reply and I'll check it over again. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to post or contact me with them. My skype is Mishakiara if you'd like to add me for any reason, but you're free to contact me via PM or a reply too! Thank you for applying and have a nice day~
TheUltimateLion
MC name: TheUltimateLion2

Re: TheUltimateLion's Application {Edited}

I edited it :D
Misha

Hello! Sorry for the delay! The application looks better, but it seems to be missing a skin! Once you add a skin that fits I should be able to accept you. Make sure to reply once you edit/add it, and if you need anything let me know~
Misha

Now that you've added your skin, I can now say that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”