Yeonso's Whitelist Application

Yeonso
MC name: Yeonso

Yeonso's Whitelist Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Yeonso
Where did you hear about us: I found a Reddit post about the server, and I decided to check it out.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a mature, quiet type of person, with an active sense of humor. I’m hoping to improve my skills as a writer, and also meet some new people. I'm a typical high school student, and some of my hobbies include chess, writing, and boxing.
—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? To adopt the persona of a character/social role, and behave accordingly to how that specific character would most likely act.
What is meta-gaming? Using/involving OOC information within a in-character situation.  An example would be if a character knew another character’s starter Pixelmon, even though said character had not yet displayed that Pixelmon through the roleplay.
What is power-gaming? Any in-character action that stops other players from performing their respective actions, or preventing them from being able to react to another character’s action.  Example: “Rick smashed his fist into Jerry’s pathetic face, causing him fall to the ground and cry out in pain.”
What is retroactive continuity? Changing the facts of a previous roleplay event, which can result in canonical errors and contradictions.  Example: “Jerry had been punched in the face in the past, and broke his nose. Later, it is revealed he ruptured his spleen instead.”
What is a Mary Sue? A character whom is impossibly perfect in almost every single way, without any flaws or weaknesses. Example: “Jerry was a bodybuilder with gigantic pectoral muscles, who could bench-press the entire country of Nigeria and had a PhD in Puppetry.  No one could punch him in the face, no matter what.”
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In-Character would be referring to the person within the server’s universe, while OOC would refer to the human controlling the character.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I’ve roleplayed on several other servers and non-Minecraft related roleplay sites in the past. However, I’m nowhere near a expert or professional, so I might need help sometimes.
—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Colbat: While one of the major things located here is the S.S Shipping Company, you'll notice a lot of storefronts and restaurants dotted throughout the town, making it a perfect place to vacation to if you ever find yourself unable to deal with the stress of the real world.
Describe Pix Co.: The multinational corporation that invented the Pixelball, PC, Healing Station, and Fossil Machine.
—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Thomas Ishida
Appearance: Thomas stands at 5 “6”, with a lean but athletic build. He has dark-brown (almost black) hair, styled in a crew cut.  His eyes are a deep shade of chestnut, and he has a chiseled, but not overly pronounced face. He usually wears a light-caramel vest, with a simple beige shirt underneath. He rarely wears jeans or anything made of denim, and prefers black trousers and leather shoes. He is often seen carrying a briefcase, to store documents or carry his Pixelmon with him.  

Personality:  At first glance, Thomas appears to be an unremarkable young adult: modest, kind-hearted, and somewhat of a introvert.  However, behind his seemingly quiet demeanor, lies an ambitious, righteous spirit.  Even as a child, Thomas had a very insightful and observant nature. He is the kind of person to notice the intricate and obscure details of life and situations. Oftentimes, he personally investigates events or occurrences that interest him, although he maintains a good deal of caution while doing so.

He can be very calculating and intelligent, having studied under the tutelage of his father, a renowned detective in Kanto. However, he has a tendency to overthink things, and can often spend large amounts of time deep in thought, or with his nose in a book.  He is a trustworthy, loyal individual, but he may find it difficult to immediately open up to others.  

Although he is usually mild-mannered, Thomas has a great sense of justice and morality, values instilled within him since childhood.  While he understands that humans are not inherently evil or good, he fails to sympathize with people who knowingly break the law and believe they are above repercussions. He has a tendency to go out of his way to expose the truth and apprehend lawbreakers, although he rarely allows his emotions to get in the way of his occupation. Thomas can even seem to be unnaturally cruel or sadistic towards criminals, especially those who abuse children or Pixelmon. However, this behavior is mainly due to the implications of his father’s death, whom was killed during an investigation.  

He also has a passion for Pixelmon battling, although he currently isn’t very proficient at it due to a lack of experience.  He is determined to improve, but values his relationship with his Pixelmon above winning.  He prefers to use his Pixelmon to aide him in investigations, such as tracking the scent of a suspect or destroying obstacles that obstruct possible evidence.

Biography: Thomas was born in Celadon City, Kanto.  His mother worked as a lawyer, while his father was a distinguished private investigator, well known for exposing an illegal Pixelmon fighting ring.  As a child, Thomas was beloved by both his parents, and lived a somewhat normal and peaceful life, attending school and making friends. Thomas often explored the wilderness outside of Celadon, preferring the tall grass and streams over the bland concrete jungles.  He put his skills of observation and deduction to the test, oftentimes tracking down Pixelmon and admiring them from afar, amazed of their unique appearances and abilities.

However, given the nature of his parents’s careers, he was not left unsheltered from the atrocities committed by humanity, often overhearing the gristly details of investigations and cases that his father had taken part in.  This gave Thomas a sort of jaded personality, becoming desensitized towards violence and cruelty.  Acts of villainy and wickedness that would normally shock and horrify others did not have the same effect on him, simply because he was not unfamiliar with what humans and their Pixelmon could be capable of.  

Thomas’s father was a firm believer in the value of education, and took it upon himself to teach his son the basics of investigations: examining crime scenes, questioning suspects during interrogations, and tracking down criminals. Although Thomas was initially displeased since his father assigned special assignments along with his regular schoolwork, he gained valuable knowledge and experience over the years though his father’s guidance, and much of his father’s advice and teachings became second nature to him. He also was given many chores within his father’s workplace, usually caring for the Growlithe and Ponyta used by law enforcement for investigations, although he never personally owned any Pixelmon until he turned 14.

When Thomas reached the pivotal age of 14, his father was currently working on a case involving a trainer’s abusive treatment of his Pixelmon.  The trainer was convicted, and sent to federal prison, leaving his former Pixelmon ownerless.  Due to Thomas’s father’s intensive involvement in the case, he was allowed to adopt one of the trainer’s Pixelmon, while the others would either be sent to adoption centers or breeding facilities.  Seeing how Thomas was coming of age and needed his own companion, Thomas’s father allowed him to choose one of the Pixelmon himself. Thomas chose the trainer’s Charmander, due to his adoration of the Fire Types he had taken care of for so many years.

Thomas rarely battled with his Pixelmon, and instead used his Charmander’s fiery skills to clear out small patches of wilderness for exploration, sometimes uncovering forgotten hiking trails and pathways that usually lead to nowhere.  When he grew older, his father would sometimes ask for his aid during his cases, becoming a sort of assistant in investigations. Years later, Thomas would find his calling in detective work, and would enroll in a law-enforcement academy in place of a college education, honing his mental and physical abilities.

The day after Thomas graduated and received his official license and certification, his father was tragically killed during a brutal stand-off between two Pixelmon poachers.  The offenders had escaped with their lives, but his father had died minutes before he reached the hospital. Thomas was completely caught off guard.  He remained in a state of denial even after the funeral, emotionally crushed at the loss of his father and mentor. Sickened and distraught at the injustice of the death, he wished not just to leave the city, but to leave Kanto entirely as soon as possible.  

A couple weeks after the funeral, Thomas decided to take a walk around his old neighborhood in Celadon.  His mother and other relatives had moved to the suburbs, and his childhood home had been since demolished to make room for a Pix Co. factory.  As he stood, reminiscing of the past, he noticed a brightly-colored flyer that had been crushed under the rubble.  Dusting off the flyer, he learned of the Toro region, the so called “land of opportunity”.  Although he was at first skeptical, he secretly yearned to travel to a peaceful, faraway land. More than ever, he desired to create his own private investigation agency, or at least use his skills to make a difference in the community. Filled to the brim with excitement and anticipation, Thomas rushed home to inform his relatives of his decision to leave for Toro.  

With nothing but a briefcase of belongings and his companion Charmander, Thomas rushed to the boat set for Toro, going forth into the great unknown.

Flaws: Thomas has a tendency to over-think situations and become unsure of himself.  This hesitation makes it difficult for him to make decisions at times, and it lowers his confidence and self esteem.  In addition, Thomas is still mourning the recent death of his father, and he can become very irritable and depressed when he is mentioned, losing his usually impeccable composure.  Lastly, he isn’t a very proficient Pixelmon battler, as he had primarily used his starter for investigations, rather than actual combat.  Given time and practice, he may improve eventually, but as of now he is still very inexperienced and unskilled when battling against other trainers, often relying on luck or typing advantages.
Ambitions: Thomas wishes to live a somewhat peaceful life, exploring the region, meeting new people, and catching the occasional Pixelmon.  However, he has a strong motivation to start his own detective agency, and undertake investigations and solve mysteries, like his father once did.  In addition, he wants to become a better Pixelmon trainer, and possibly participate in tournaments and gym battles.
Starter Pixelmon: Charmander (Nicknamed Tatara)
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.) http://imgur.com/a/8pr6D
—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you,
“You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Thomas faced the girl and bent down at one knee, and spoke with a soft, reassuring tone.  “Of course I’ll help you.  Just give me a moment, Ok?”.  He then stood up, and casually strided towards the tree.  Examining the branches and the Meowth mewing loudly at the top, Thomas deduced that the tree’s branches would be unable to support his weight, and the Meowth was too high up for him to climb up to retrieve.  

Cracking open his briefcase, a Pixelball flew out, his Charmander materializing within a burst of red energy.  “Tatara, can you climb up this tree and get this Meowth down?”.  Tatara would use his sharp claws to dig into the sturdy trunk, and speedily scale up to the branches.  It’s flaming tail would occasionally spurt out tiny glowing embers as it wagged about, although the Pixelmon was careful not to set anything on fire.  It would then grab hold of the Meowth, and gently scale down the tree, allowing the Pixelmon to jump down safely and prance back to it’s owner.  As the young girl embraced her Meowth, Thomas smiled, and retrieved Tatara.  He then walked on, with a slight spring in his step, happy now that the girl was reunited with her friend.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his
Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you.  How does your character respond?

Thomas turned to the trainer, with a glint of excitement in his eyes.  “A battle, eh? It’s been a while, I’d say.” He had faced plenty of Rattata in Celadon, and it was nice to have a small reminder of home. He was slightly anxious, however. Tatara hadn’t battled at all since his arrival in Toro, and he didn’t have much experience battling overall. Pushing his worries aside, Thomas decided that even if he lost, Tatara would gain valuable experience anyway.

Thomas would then present his briefcase to the trainer, who would pause his confident charade and stare, confused.  “Light this rat up, Tatara.” grinned Thomas. Upon opening the briefcase, a Pixelball would fly out, releasing Tatara with a burst of crimson energy.  The two Pixelmon would battle it out, with the Rattata having greater physical power and strategy over the Charmander. However, the Rattata had no way to combat Tatara’s Ember attacks, and it eventually succumbed to it’s burn injuries.  

“Nice! Good battle. You would of beat me, if it weren’t for your Rattata’s burns.”  said Thomas, who was happily surprised he had won.  He humbly accepted the trainer’s prize money, then retrieved his exhausted Charmander.  He would have to visit a Pixelmon Center, since Tatara was at the brink of fainting.  Thomas looked around frantically, concerned now that his friend was in a critical condition.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Yeonso's Whitelist Application

This app is amazing! I cannot personally see any flaws, so all I have to say is that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”