snakebit1995's Whitelist Application

snakebit1995
MC name: snakebit1995

snakebit1995's Whitelist Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: snakebit1995
Where did you hear about us: ChaosMarine599
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a pretty normal college student who has played every Pokémon game and knows a lot about Pokémon. I consider myself a roleplay novice, because I’ve only done a little bit of roleplay, but I do a lot of creative writing, so I’m no stranger to story-building. I also play video games, recently mostly Overwatch.

—Roleplay Questions—

What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is the process of acting out another character/persona for a scenario

What is meta-gaming?
Using information obtained out of character during in character roleplay.

What is power-gaming?
Power-gaming is strong-arming other players into doing what you want them to do, or making them play the scenario out the way that you wanted to, not allowing them any creative freedom. An example of power-gaming would be saying you pull out a bat and before another player has a chance to react you hit them with it. You controlled the conversation and never gave them a chance to react.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity is going back and rewriting the previous plot points to make them fit whatever is necessary. This is usually frowned upon because it can be seen as another way of power-gaming, but it is useful if a plot point is locking up the story.

What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is a character that is somewhat generic, usually is liked or tries to be liked by every other character, tends to have 0-1 character flaws to try to make them relatable but is otherwise good at everything, and sometimes has a dark past.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character is through the eyes of your character, out of character is you, the human being, talking about the game or roleplay.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Not really. I have slight Skype RP experience, but not through a server.

—In-Game Lore Questions —
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: Viridis is a peaceful farming town. Part of the town was destroyed in an earthquake. Benji Charne is the mayor. The town’s mascot is Sceptile. Their theme seems to be grass-based.

Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co is a consumer electronics distributor that reinvented the modern Pixelball. They also own a hydroelectric plant in the region that provides the region with electricity. Pix Co is currently owned by Leonardo Vitucci. Their headquarters is located in Aurelia.

—General Character Questions—

Full name: Glen Eldridge
Appearance: Glen is a slim, above average height, young man with pale skin and short black hair, sometimes swept to one side, but often left messy. He has blue eyes, and no facial hair. Most of the time, Glen wears a fur-lined coat, and under that a rugged long sleeved shirt. For pants, Glen wears a simple pair of jeans with slightly scuffed knees, and a pair of hiking boots, with long warm socks underneath. Glen's skin is unblemished and lacking any scars or birthmarks.

Personality: Glen is a generally helpful guy. While he doesn’t make a huge effort to be friendly all of the time, the friends that he does have appreciate the knowledge of Pixelmon that he possesses, and his mostly upbeat attitude. However, Glen isn’t upbeat all the time, and can be irritable: often set off by small incidents that would otherwise be left by the wayside. He usually calms down within an hour or so, as he’s willing to let things go. If defeated in a battle, Glen gets frustrated and frets over his own mistakes more than the strengths of his enemy. He relishes in victory however, about as proud as is normal. Because of his irritability, he’s quick to admonish any sort of wrongdoing he sees, whether it be something as large as a robbery or as small as someone knocking into him on the street.

Biography: Glen Eldridge was born in Snowpoint City in Sinnoh on Autumn 17, 1022 to Michael Eldridge and Gloria Eldridge. His two parents emigrated from Unova to Sinnoh because they were looking for a more exciting life. Because of this, Glen learned Unovan to speak at home, and Kantonese to speak at school and to locals. Glen had always been interested in Pixelmon and Pixelmon care, and through his elementary and middle school days (where he gained a few good friends,) he constantly thought about the first Pixelmon he would catch. A year before he finished middle school, Glen found a Sneasel in his backyard. The allowance that he was given over the past years was spent on Pixelballs for the most part, so Glen was prepared for this eventuality. He ran into the backyard with his pile of Pixelballs and began chucking them, one after another, at the Sneasel. As he had no Pixelmon with which to injure the Sneasel, it took five Pixelballs before it was finally caught. His mother has a photo of this. Overjoyed to have his first Pixelmon, Glen decided not to name it, as Glen believed that Pixelmon should keep their original names and not have a new name forced on them. Glen and Sneasel went everywhere together; the Sneasel was kept out of its Pixelball except in places where it was discouraged to keep one’s Pixelmon out, where Glen would respectfully return him. In the Junior year of high school, Glen evolved his Sneasel into a Weavile, which continued to follow him around. Afterschool hours were spent exploring the nearby forest, and working on camping/survival skills, not necessarily to survive, but just for fun. As Glen reached the end of his high school years, he decided that going to college should be a larger experience for him, as he’d never left his town before, let alone his region. So, he decided Toro, since it was up north, must be cold like his town, and decided to take his cold weather gear up there for school.

Flaws: Glen is hot-headed and irritable, quick to anger before anything else. He also can’t swim, because the only place he could have swam would not have been the greatest place to swim.
Ambitions: Glen wants to work with Pixelmon, ideally to become a Pixelmon Ranger, or spend his time training them. Meeting new people is a side thing.
Starter Pixelmon: Weavile
Skin: http://imgur.com/a/r3TJg

—Open Response Questions—

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

“Don’t worry.” Glen gives a reassuring smile “I’ll see what I can do.”. Glen walks over to the tree and sure enough there’s a Meowth nervously seated on a branch.
Glen thinks about the options, he’s a pretty good climber so he could just go up there himself but the Meowth might panic and scratch him, an alternative soon presents itself. Glen removes his coat and hands one half to his Weavile, they stand far enough apart to pull the coat taught but leave room for some slack.
“Can you tell it to jump?” Glen askes the little girl.
She nodes and does so, the Meowth nervously steps off the branch and starts to fall, Glen and Weavile quickly position themselves beneath it and the Meowth lands on the coat, safely brought back to the earth.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Glen gives a sharp nod towards the boy before turning his head towards his Weavile, the clawed creature sliding out into battle. The two exchange a series of fast paced moves but in the end Rattata barely comes out on top.
“GRR!” Glen hisses to himself as they walk off “If we hadn’t spent so much time boosting our own stats and just attacked outright from the start we could have beat them easily.”
Weavile nods in accordance.
“Some little brat like that has no business beating us…” he says stopping to take a breath before taking on a determined smile, “Well I guess we’ll have to get stronger, that way we can whoop him next time.”
Last edited by snakebit1995 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: snakebit1995's Whitelist Application

Hello, the name's Misha and I'll be your whitelister for today! Overall your app looks fantastic, there's just a few small details I need before I can accept ya'~

• For power-gaming please add a small example of what would be considered power-gaming and/or how one can avoid this~
• The appearance section needs to be 1 full paragraph (at least 5 complete sentences) long! Your section is just a single sentence too short.

I would just like to add that it's currently the end of Spring, so his birthday is just around the corner. Feel free to adjust his age/birthday if you want him to stay 19 just a bit longer. If you'd like to keep either the way it is now though that's fine too~

Anywho, other than these it looks great! Once you fix these up make sure to reply and I'll check it over again. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to post or contact me with them. My skype is Mishakiara if you'd like to add me for any reason, but you're free to contact me via PM or a reply too! Hope to see you fix this up soon, thank you for applying and have a nice day~
snakebit1995
MC name: snakebit1995

I've edited the original post to add the extra sentence and example of Power gaming.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

I see you edited what I've asked, it looks good! Now I can say that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”